• 2 weeks later...

I find it hard trying to make a sketch of a guitar. I used Autodesk Inventor and tried it for a bit of fun. Thought it was really fun.

I did my graphic communication project on my fuzz pedal. Took me ages because I fucked around so much but it came out looking cool:)

Hooglebug, I'll still need you to build me a neck, or two depending on how the neck on my other guitar is when I send you it, but I am saving up right now for car insurance and paying for lessons. Both are a big dick in the bum followed by someone throwing a molotov cocktail in my eyes.

Hmmmmm, I guess it is, just a bit worried about that horn halfway along the top kinda slashing at the wrist of a player, but I suppose that's dependant on style.

It's not going to be made out of metal though. Besides when you've got it strapped on it wont really get in the way. Other wise it would be the same argument for an SG's top horn.

its google sketchup with indigo renderer

fail. vray for sketchup ftw!!!! ;)

im a prolific sketchup user, cos i need to be for uni. They're some sweet renders though. I think i've missed a few posts, but that thing with the ff, that's seriously original. Nice work!

just wondering, do you have a site/blog/whatever with various postings and info on some of your stuff? I'm only planing my first custom this summer, and it's a pretty basic shape (based on a tele, see my final prep topic), but i'd like to try more daring shapes and some electronicy things like a ff and usb connection if the first one is a success.

go here - project guitar forum. go to the in progress thread, theres some really good guitars being made on there. and you can search for me and see my past threads i think

the ff thing there is my second guitar ever - a flying v. i just chucked lots of stuff on it to see what i could do. havent touched it in a long time lol.

and indigo is free, so i use it hehe

Edited by hooglebug

go here - project guitar forum. go to the in progress thread, theres some really good guitars being made on there. and you can search for me and see my past threads i think

the ff thing there is my second guitar ever - a flying v. i just chucked lots of stuff on it to see what i could do. havent touched it in a long time lol.

and indigo is free, so i use it hehe

cool thanks.

must go get that indigo one too. looks good. i'm guessing with customs, you've been doing them for a while?

with customs? you mean the guitars or the render things? the render things i've been doing about two weeks lol. the guitars, my first i was 15/16, my second was 5 years later and my third (the purple mirror MoC) was 5 years after that