i see... yeah i'm trying to decide on the pickup for my build in september (it's only going to be 1 pickup at the bridge)... I'm torn between a bare knuckle nailbomb or a q-tuner Super High Z ((See here) They're both high output. The BN is 16k, and the Q-Tuner is 16.5k. Somehow, i'm leaning towards the q-tuner. Partially for something different, partly cos they just look so animal, and partly, cos the sound is just so damn clear on them...

i see... yeah i'm trying to decide on the pickup for my build in september (it's only going to be 1 pickup at the bridge)... I'm torn between a bare knuckle nailbomb or a q-tuner Super High Z ((See here) They're both high output. The BN is 16k, and the Q-Tuner is 16.5k. Somehow, i'm leaning towards the q-tuner. Partially for something different, partly cos they just look so animal, and partly, cos the sound is just so damn clear on them...

Look into Swineshead pickups ;)

I really don't know about pickups and things (maybe transits and toyotas!) other than things you guys mention, but again that timber really is the business. Seriously tasty stuff!!!!

What a joy when you can pick up something like that.

its definately going to be natural finish. looks great with the ebony and the black face headstock.

fretboards not glued on yet, or radiused, still waiting for the truss rod. front and back have been carved apart from the neck heel area

12.jpg

13.jpg

do it then! get a cheap piece of maple and have a practice if you dont want to just dive right in. its the best bit about the whole thing i love it

it's more the fretting that i'm nervous about... where do you get your maple from?

PHILL - iv got some at the wood yard i go to (two fender style necks worth for a fiver!!) but for figured stuff i get it from david dyke. he does non figured stuff but i dont know how much it is

tom - this particular one would be £1500

wow bargain!

PHILL - iv got some at the wood yard i go to (two fender style necks worth for a fiver!!) but for figured stuff i get it from david dyke. he does non figured stuff but i dont know how much it is

tom - this particular one would be £1500

I wish I had some cash right now :(

• 2 weeks later...

i decided to add an inlay after the frets were in. not ideal but o well. went ok. this will be my standard 12th fret inlay that will be on all my guitars (apart from maybe the decos) unless someone doesnt want it there obviously. this ones in ivory, which smells not unlike a certain bodily fluid when cutting. so now you know

22.jpg

21.jpg

still needs a bit of scraping and sanding but its not bad considering the frets were there when i did it