Only been my 2nd sexy plane in about a year and probably my last for a while. I'm away from Friday onwards so can't get on board for the next 3 gigs D:

Although i'll see if i have wi-fi where i'm staying.

So thanks for your company and see a few of you at RandL hopefully! :D

BassDementia, not saying goodbye. Just sayin'

JoshuaWenning Muse was the best concert I've ever been to. Absolutely amazing. twitpic.com/60mjse twitpic.com/60mjz3

well when you get responses like this, why WOULD Matt change the setlist? Fact is, Muse still put on a heck of a show, regardless of what they play. that's why people come back from the show (no matter how shit the setlist was) raving about how fantastic the gig was.

I agree, it was the same set I heard in Cin. My only issue with the set is that they haven't been on Indiana in SEVERAL years, and haven never played indianapolis so I know there are a lot of muse fans here from way that either have never seen them live or haven't seen them live since they played close (chicago or cincinnati, myself included) so it would have been nice to hear a few older songs. At least they played Plug in Baby

That being said, the sound was incredible.

This coming from a band with 5 albums, a b-sides album and a tonne of other b-sides aswell. Someone please kick Matt really hard to get him out of this perfectionist mood because right now it seems they'll only play a song if it sounds perfect to him...

Just keep in mind the standard american mentality. A lot of people at that concert have only ever heard the last album, or maybe two so keeping the crowd happy is probably a little more important to them at this point than pleasing people who have been around forever, though honestly we will probably stick around longer.

...wut

Yeah, it even had the 'encores' right on the list.

Just keep in mind the standard american mentality. A lot of people at that concert have only ever heard the last album, or maybe two so keeping the crowd happy is probably a little more important to them at this point than pleasing people who have been around forever, though honestly we will probably stick around longer.

I wish they wouldn't think like that. I've seen comments from people who were at Wembley day 2 that loved it, and they didn't even know what Citizen Erased was. So there is a way to please both sides.

I wish they wouldn't think like that. I've seen comments from people who were at Wembley day 2 that loved it, and they didn't even know what Citizen Erased was. So there is a way to please both sides.

You're right about that but people there at a festival show were a lot more pumped to see a musician/band that they have never seen.

You would not believe how jaded and ass-holey people around here are about new music, or music they haven't heard. Its not across the board, but if they played too many 'older' things, you wouldn't believe how shitty newer 'fans' would be, because I saw it happen at the first show I saw them play in Colombus Ohio a few years ago. They played plug in baby and CE I believe and people just looked bewildered. I couldn't believe it.

At this point, why even bother with Muse at Lolla?

It's just going to be the same set again. Go see Coldplay instead.

My friend and I were discussing that a while ago. She's seen/thinks they're cool but was like, "Aurora, I know you love Muse but I think I'm going to see Coldplay instead. I've already seen Muse soooo..." I completely agreed, to be honest. If I were in that position, I don't know what I'd do, though. I say right now that I would want to see Coldplay since I've never seen them but not seeing Muse? I dunooooooo. Ha.

At this point, why even bother with Muse at Lolla?

It's just going to be the same set again. Go see Coldplay instead.

Honestly Mel, I think OSL is going to be boned in terms of a good set. :(

Ew, Coldplay

I have hope, I really do! If anything, I truly believe we'll get at least one song that wasn't played at LA Rising. And anyway, I've only been on the barrier for Muse once so I'd like to do that again. Especially for B&H if they play it

I'd see Muse over Coldplay any day just for the slim chance of getting a rare song.

I might even choose Muse over Arcade Fire for that chance. Because I know I'd be kicking myself if they did play something rare and I missed it.

Archived