WE NEED YOU! - Muse Message Board User Survey

Niall

Just reading some of the responses and can I just say that the old mods were not biased. Just because some people got banned doesn't mean we didnt infract others or give them the same treatment. A lot of what we do doesn't get seen so don't assume you know what we are doing.

Yeah, completely right. Hopefully the new flags kev installed will stop this from happening, but the old mods definitely did their job. Any favouritism that might have exited was removed long before the change of mods.

Not the full results but the statistical ones we can probably publish. Individual opinions will obviously be withheld though as some filling in the survey have elected to disclose personal details and situations in their replies.

a few ideas...

Also - more small competitions for boardies for daft prizes eg i remember a caption competition to win a signed NME. good fun things needed to brighten the place up a bit.

+ more ticket giveaways. There is no such thing as too many gigs :LOL: (yet!)

I dunno who's gonna wanna organise that! Do we know anyone who can get a supply of signed NMEs and fork out loads for tickets to give away?

i've had an idea for a comp. something involving Chris and a football ;) i'll try to organise something but it may be a while... :happy:

One hour left! I have to close the survey this evening, then we'll probably spend a while going over the results. But I can probably give some preliminary results later this evening.

Woah looks like I got lucky I didn't wait any longer before answering it. I doubt my answers will help, as I have raised only obvious issues. But well, you made an effort making this survey so it would have been a shame to be lazy and not answer.

Okay, we got a total of 485 responses (includes one or two mods test runs).

A few points from the results:

36.5% visit the board more than once a day, the most popular answer.

62.7% visit to talk about live performances, 57.5% to talk about the bands music, 50.6% to talk about the band themselves, and 29.0% to talk to their friends.

71.6% of people use Gigs and Tours. The Muse forums are by far the most visited.

Banter, KnT and the Love Boats are the most avoided areas, about 30% for each of these.

We will be picking over the full results over the next few days to see what sort of conclusions we can draw (we've been watching over the duration of the survey so we have a rough idea already).

Thanks a lot to the nearly 500 people who responded, it's a great help!

Just reading some of the responses and can I just say that the old mods were not biased. Just because some people got banned doesn't mean we didnt infract others or give them the same treatment. A lot of what we do doesn't get seen so don't assume you know what we are doing.

This. Thanks. :mad: Favouritism my spotty left buttock.

I wish this would've been shown at the top of the board as announcement, completely missed this :(

Yeah, I am wondering if a lot of people from the non-muse sections missed this... I only found it because I wanted to see who the new mods were. Personally I haven't posted in a muse section for months, so it would've been easy for me to miss...

It is in the board's News section, and it does say WE NEED YOU in bloody great caps. :LOL:

Yeah :LOL: you'd think anyone who visited might have spotted the MASSIVE title and get slightly curious over the course of the week.

I can only assume the people who made this reproach visit only some sections of the board and have no idea what's going on in the other sections.

Or simply never bothered to ask. Previously we would ban and infract people left right and centre and if no one blabbed no one found out (the new flags should resolve this). Honestly, there were instances of informal telling offs to friends of mods over msn but it was mostly done on the board via warnings and infractions.

I don't know how I could've favoured the people who I assume this was about, considering I've felt for years I've not got many friends left on here anyway!

Also the rest of you guys didn't do that anyway - I'd say there were a shit load of infractions and bans directed at "friends"

Yeah :LOL: you'd think anyone who visited might have spotted the MASSIVE title and get slightly curious over the course of the week.

Some people don't look at the main page anyway, I always open User CP to check my subscribed threads :chuckle: Found the survey only by chance, perhaps clicked on "new posts".

Some people don't look at the main page anyway, I always open User CP to check my subscribed threads :chuckle: Found the survey only by chance, perhaps clicked on "new posts".

Aha well we can't be blamed for people not even bothering to look at anything other than a select number of threads :LOL: what were we to do, go knocking on peoples' doors? :p

Archived