WE NEED YOU! - Muse Message Board User Survey

Niall

When I was a mod it seemed a constant theme that people would complain we're not doing things the way they like/not listening to them/general complaining - so I think the mod team now have made a conscious effort to change that.

HP thread was pretty good for using spoilers for the new film tbh. It's more annoying when you don't know a new episode has aired in the US (or UK) cause my mind doesn't have the entire programme schedule and warning system so to then venture in the thread and accidentally read a spoiler kinda sucks.

Yeah, it was. I was going in there until a couple of people said they'd seen the movie and they were really good and didn't give anything away but I just didn't see any point to going in the thread once the film was released until I'd seen it and could join in with talking about it. Thus I, personally, don't see a need for spoilers in such threads.:)

Yeah, it was. I was going in there until a couple of people said they'd seen the movie and they were really good and didn't give anything away but I just didn't see any point to going in the thread once the film was released until I'd seen it and could join in with talking about it. Thus I, personally, don't see a need for spoilers in such threads.:)

Spoilers are necessary for threads on current shows where people might have advance knowledge of plots from reading the books or hearing gossip or whatever. So they're definitely necessary so they can post that info for those who want to talk about it without spoiling it for everyone else.

Spoilers are necessary for threads on current shows where people might have advance knowledge of plots from reading the books or hearing gossip or whatever. So they're definitely necessary so they can post that info for those who want to talk about it without spoiling it for everyone else.

I bet most people click on the spoilers anyway :LOL:

The "True Blood" thread is good for that.

Even though the show is like a whole other story from the books, it's still fun to compare the two when the show actually does follow the source material.

The "True Blood" thread is good for that.

Even though the show is like a whole other story from the books, it's still fun to compare the two when the show actually does follow the source material.

I don't dare go in there right now. I'm several episodes behind on the new season. It'll be fun catching up all in one go.

When I was a mod it seemed a constant theme that people would complain we're not doing things the way they like/not listening to them/general complaining - so I think the mod team now have made a conscious effort to change that.

Ha makes you sound old!

Done! I don't really know if the survey will be helpfull to make improvements here. We'll see.

I always do a lot of surveys at work and these don't help to change things nobody wants to change :rolleyes:

Good point. With the hope of not getting pounced on, I think when infractions are still seen as a big laugh, there's not too much hope, of a change of culture. However, it's a good idea of the mods to do a survey nevertheless to get a feel of issues people may have, as it's unlikely members will want to express them out loud.

There is always beef in the Doctor Who thread about spoilers. Some people don't use them because the people who are behind a couple of episodes (i.e: Australians and Americans) should just not go in the thread. :indiff: whatever...

a few ideas...

Suggestion for Gigs and Tours is that the first post about each gig holds the relevant information and is updated as necessary.

There are often really helpful bits of info that appear through the threads but get lost in the general discussions - they could be added as time ticks by in that long long wait for the gig to come around ...

Also - more small competitions for boardies for daft prizes eg i remember a caption competition to win a signed NME. good fun things needed to brighten the place up a bit.

+ more ticket giveaways. There is no such thing as too many gigs :LOL: (yet!)

a few ideas...

Also - more small competitions for boardies for daft prizes eg i remember a caption competition to win a signed NME. good fun things needed to brighten the place up a bit.

Yes to all of this, esp the gig thread one. How many times are the same questions asked again and again in a thread? This way we could just refer the asker to the first post. L. did something similar for the Wembley 11th thread.

a few ideas...

I dunno who's gonna wanna organise that! Do we know anyone who can get a supply of signed NMEs and fork out loads for tickets to give away?

I dunno who's gonna wanna organise that! Do we know anyone who can get a supply of signed NMEs and fork out loads for tickets to give away?

Well this is part of the problem with ideas when you don't know what the limitations are. I thought someone would have contacts... ;)

Good point. With the hope of not getting pounced on, I think when infractions are still seen as a big laugh, there's not too much hope, of a change of culture. However, it's a good idea of the mods to do a survey nevertheless to get a feel of issues people may have, as it's unlikely members will want to express them out loud.

I heard you were banned?

Just reading some of the responses and can I just say that the old mods were not biased. Just because some people got banned doesn't mean we didnt infract others or give them the same treatment. A lot of what we do doesn't get seen so don't assume you know what we are doing.

Archived