Absolute Radio Interview with Dom and Chris at the Ivor Novello Awards 2011

purpleasure

Judging by the faces of Chris and Dom they did. But I guess you only care about Matt.

I doubt they were particularly offended, just found it a bit irritating that's all. Possibly...I think you are reading too much into it.

I can't understand why anyone would be remotely interested is anyone's private life :erm:.

It's Matt's call to make elements of it public or not and to devote half an interview to interrogating his bandmates about his life just felt and looked plain awkward.

Innit, I can't speak for everyone but I generally get into a band because of their music...their private lives are none of my concern. I couldn't tell you when any of their birthdays are, or even how old they are...it's the music that matters. Although it's a pity the music hasn't been brilliant for the last few years. Maybe there's a correlation...the more that people focus on Bellamy's private life, the less he concentrates on his music.

Music media should concentrate on the music, and leave the personal stuff to the gossip rags.

They didn't seem to mind the firsts baby questions but she crossed the line and they certainly looked uncomfortable, but I loved Chris laugh at the end "I don't know anything muaaahhaha well I actually do but I'm not going to tell you" :LOL:

Matt and his feelings. And how perfect he is.

:chuckle:

Summed it up nicely.

I really am feeling sorry for Dom right now, it must be hard being the only single guy, well, the only non-father more so.

Dunno. I don't think he's the father-y kind, but none of us knows him anyway, so we can't make conclusions.

Innit, I can't speak for everyone but I generally get into a band because of their music...their private lives are none of my concern. I couldn't tell you when any of their birthdays are, or even how old they are...it's the music that matters. Although it's a pity the music hasn't been brilliant for the last few years. Maybe there's a correlation...the more that people focus on Bellamy's private life, the less he concentrates on his music.

Music media should concentrate on the music, and leave the personal stuff to the gossip rags.

I think people like to be able to relate to them, and knowing some personal stuff would make you feel closer and think you know them, the person behind the music. It's what people do, even with non-famous babies people find it acceptable to ask strangers when it's due or if it's a girl or boy. But I thought the interrogating someone's bandmates about it was unacceptable, especially seeing as Absolute radio =/= the Sun.

I really am feeling sorry for Dom right now, it must be hard being the only single guy, well, the only non-father more so.

I don't think he's suffering THAT much from being the only single band member on tour.

"I don't know anything about a wedding!" "No, no wedding as far as I know of"

They should brush up on their poker faces :noey:

Nah Chris joked and laughed, and Dom said "I have no idea when they're getting married, who knows". Entirely appropriate answer. No need for poker faces, as (as far as we know) there was nothing to hide.

Yet they clearly gave the message of - "you've gone too far now, bye!" :LOL:

A little awkward but well handled!

I think its the wrong place - that kind of stuff works well for showbiz but for music it is completley out of place unless it affects the music, as someone said.

That and Chris and Dom are surely gonna be a bit confused they won an award and the main talk is Matt and Matt's own life.

that was ridiculous. of the band, Dom is the calmest and most articulate in interviews. Chris was cheery and talkative and if the interviewer had asked, probably would have shared something interesting about what it's like balancing being a father with touring in the band. or she could have backtracked to the production influences trajectory. I would have liked to listen to Dom talk more about that.

it was fine for her to ask a couple questions about the baby. it's exciting news. but she could have gotten a really interesting interview if she'd focused on the people in front of her.

I think people like to be able to relate to them, and knowing some personal stuff would make you feel closer and think you know them, the person behind the music. It's what people do, even with non-famous babies people find it acceptable to ask strangers when it's due or if it's a girl or boy. But I thought the interrogating someone's bandmates about it was unacceptable, especially seeing as Absolute radio =/= the Sun.

Yeah, exactly... a question or two about the changes coming up or whatever, but she just went too far. She was like "Matt isn't here right now, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask you two all these random questions I had for him..."

Regardless of the topic, I think it's pretty rude to spend a good deal of an interview asking a person questions that are intended for someone else.

When people start asking personal questions, that's when you make stupid crap up that nobody can believe because it is none of their business.

"Hey when and where are they getting married?"

"They're going to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs."

When people start asking personal questions, that's when you make stupid crap up that nobody can believe because it is none of their business.

"They're going to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs."

Haha! We can safely leave that side of the equation to Matt I think! :chuckle: Didn't he say previously that he wanted to get married under water!? Now who knows if that was true or not! :chuckle:

:chuckle: Might as well make some fun out of it all.

Archived