Absolute Radio Interview with Dom and Chris at the Ivor Novello Awards 2011

purpleasure

thank you :happy:

half of the interview is the girl trying to get info on Matt's life. lol

:LOL: "Playing something in San Francisco." And Dom looked so annoyed at the end. I love that smirk he makes whenever he's annoyed. I'm sure they're tired of all the Matt/Kate baby questions.

:LOL: "Playing something in San Francisco." And Dom looked so annoyed at the end. I love that smirk he makes whenever he's annoyed. I'm sure they're tired of all the Matt/Kate baby questions.

I don't think they've been asked that much of those questions, it's just that they're on an awards show where they're getting an award for their music and then the interviewer is being so pushy with matters that don't even matter in the current situation

TBH I just didn't pay attention to the second half of the interview. :LOL:

edit:

I don't think they've been asked that much of those questions, it's just that they're on an awards show where they're getting an award for their music and then the interviewer is being so pushy with matters that don't even matter in the current situation

Exactly! There was absolutely no point to it. There's time for gossip and I came into this interview expecting stuff about their music.

and the guy in question is not even there

Oh it doesn't matter. I think its inevitable that Muse will will asked about Matt's new baby with all the publicity there has been. I personally like to hear about the baby, that Matt's excited and listen to Chris' comments etc. It's a weird old time having your first child, Chris is right. Dom may find it a bore (possibly/maybe - I'm not going to second guess his feelings), but Chris is obviously comfortable talking about family.

Thanks for the interview. :)

Same here. Leave the gossipy stuff to the gossip reporters.

Sorry but I do think that defining questions regarding feelings in relation to Matt's new baby as "gossipy stuff" is a bit sad.

It's not gossip, it's not salacious stuff or a dirty little secret that has to be brushed under the carpet, it's real, normal life stuff, good stuff - a new baby, and Matt has appeared perfectly happy, himself, talking about his baby.

Sorry but I do think that defining questions regarding feelings in relation to Matt's new baby as "gossipy stuff" is a bit sad.

It's not gossip, it's not salacious stuff or a dirty little secret that has to be brushed under the carpet, it's real, normal life stuff, good stuff - a new baby, and Matt has appeared perfectly happy, himself, talking about his baby.

if matt wants to talk about his baby that's his choice, and chris didn't seem to have a problem talking about what it's like being a first time dad at all. it's when the questions turned to the engagement that they clammed up and rightly so. the interviewer really crossed the line there.

it's not anyone's fucking business and they (i'm sure) know they have no right talking for him or his missus about the relationship or their plans. it's just not appropriate :noey:

god i lol'd when it got to that point. their faces... :LOL:

if matt wants to talk about his baby that's his choice, and chris didn't seem to have a problem talking about what it's like being a first time dad at all. it's when the questions turned to the engagement that they clammed up and rightly so. the interviewer really crossed the line there.

it's not anyone's fucking business and they (i'm sure) know they have no right talking for him or his missus about the relationship or their plans. it's just not appropriate :noey:

god i lol'd when it got to that point. their faces... :LOL:

Okay but I don't mind the baby talk. Matt has even apparently been talking about playing stuff to make the baby jump. :D

I guess there would be no reason for Matt to clam up about the engagement since Kate has spoken about it, which gives an interviewer the right to ask about it, imo, but I understand Chris and Dom feeling uncomfortable and (sort of) avoiding it.

They totally clammed up as soon as she mentioned the wedding :LOL:

Also, Reading this, Reading that. No mention of Leeds :chuckle:

Yeah, that was weird. The interviewer specifically referred to Leeds and Reading and the lads only spoke about Reading. Anti-Northerners!!!:fear::p

I bet there wouldn't be so many questions about the new baby/wedding if his other half wasn't a famous actress...

Yeah, that was weird. The interviewer specifically referred to Leeds and Reading and the lads only spoke about Reading. Anti-Northerners!!!:fear::p

I bet there wouldn't be so many questions about the new baby/wedding if his other half wasn't a famous actress...

:chuckle: I did find it irritating that some of the media announcements of their award named Muse as Dom Howard, Chris Wolstenholme and Matt Bellamy (Kate Hudson's fiancee). Wtf?! Doesn't he deserve to be recognised for himself anymore!?!:stunned: And incidentally who was it who made the Forbes most influential celebrity rating?!? Muse of course! No mention of her ladyship! :LOL:

Sorry but...:phu::chuckle:

Ok. Let me rephrase it. Leave personal questions out of the interviews, and keep it focused on the music. General questions about how a life change, such as a baby, might affect the upcoming record are permissible, but to ask about an upcoming wedding date, or the sex of the baby are personal, in my eyes and aren't necessarily considered important to the band. Especially when the question is directed to two people not even in the relationship!!! :LOL:

Okay but I don't mind the baby talk. Matt has even apparently been talking about playing stuff to make the baby jump. :D

I guess there would be no reason for Matt to clam up about the engagement since Kate has spoken about it, which gives an interviewer the right to ask about it, imo, but I understand Chris and Dom feeling uncomfortable and (sort of) avoiding it.

your fascination with details of bellamy's personal life disturbs me.

Ok. Let me rephrase it. Leave personal questions out of the interviews, and keep it focused on the music. General questions about how a life change, such as a baby, might affect the upcoming record are permissible, but to ask about an upcoming wedding date, or the sex of the baby are personal, in my eyes and aren't necessarily considered important to the band. Especially when the question is directed to two people not even in the relationship!!! :LOL:

Agreed fully!

This, exactly. :yesey: Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not disinterested in Muse's personal life by any means, but there's a time and a place for it, and this is not it.

your fascination with details of bellamy's personal life disturbs me.

:rolleyes: It's just normal, bloody stuff. People get all poo faced, and go too far the other way making a big issue out of any mention. It could get a bit much and I'm all for keeping speculation about their personal lives and gossip articles off the board, but I think it's normal to have an interest in things like the fact that Matt is due to become a father soon.

I'm sorry if that offends anyone but I don't think it is particularly disturbing.

Archived