NME: Muse have had 'real discussions' about playing gig in space

Problematique MX

:pope:

Muse have had 'real discussions' about playing gig in space

Matt Bellamy says his intergalactic ambition is 'for real'

Muse's Matt Bellamy has said that the band have had "real" discussions about the possibility of playing a gig in space.

The frontman said that although his plan seemed rather ambitious, he hoped that technology would allow the Devon three-piece a shot at performing a show in orbit one day.

"We've had some discussions about playing in space," he told The Sun. "Sometimes very coherent conversations and sometimes very late at night, but it's for real."

Bellamy explained that although the trio hadn't started any astronaut training quite yet, he had started thinking about ways of going about getting the gig off the ground.

"I'm thinking of approaching Richard Branson to see if we could do it on his [Virgin Galactic] spacecraft he's got happening," he said. "Although we do have a lot of equipment, so I guess we'd have to use pods to carry our stuff and we'd scale back the shows a lot."

He added: "I do think it will be possible in the future and I'm sure it will happen in my lifetime. We'd love to be part of that."

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/54418

:LOL: I seriously can't wait to see this!

If they actually did get to play in space that would be cool, but of corse it won't happen, it'd cost thousands to get them up there and then who's gonna watch em? :LOL: - Matt cracks me up! :LOL:

- I just read that they might be banned from Australia because Chris was smoking in between songs and Matt was encouraging the crowd to mosh :(

- It's not a problem for me cos I live in England, but what about the Australians, they'll have to fly out of the country to see them - 5 years is a long time after all :(

If they actually did get to play in space that would be cool, but of corse it won't happen, it'd cost thousands to get them up there and then who's gonna watch em? :LOL: - Matt cracks me up! :LOL:

- I just read that they might be banned from Australia because Chris was smoking in between songs and Matt was encouraging the crowd to mosh :(

- It's not a problem for me cos I live in England, but what about the Australians, they'll have to fly out of the country to see them - 5 years is a long time after all :(

Aliens of course :D

Erm, they won't be banned :erm: Media was twisting things again...

lol a bit slow to the party...

His quotes in this story are not identical to the ones he gave to video hits. So it's not a straight rip off. What's likely is that it's been cobbled together from various interviews (Matt's spoken on this subject before) or the reporter managed to get a quick conversation with him over the phone, saying 'so I hear you've got plans to play live in space...' and Matt gave them these quotes.

i don't think many would enjoy the first piece of live music to be played in space to be shitty pop music.

Oi!! If your going to post insults about MUSE on a thread on a MUSE sight, I'd much rather you be polite and shut up!!

About the gig in space... who will the audience be?? I volunteer... that would be totally epic!! :D

Lol now Ninemsn has gotten wind of it too but even they think The Sun was the original source... fail

http://music.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=765532&showcomments=true

He didn't say this bit in the Video Hits interview:

"We've had some discussions about playing in space. Sometimes very coherent conversations and sometimes very late at night, but it's for real," the aspiring astronaut told UK's The Sun.

So what do you think the original source is, if not The Sun?

Edit: Ok the quotes are more similar than I thought. So looks like the Sun reporter used the VH quotes and just tidied them up a bit. Took out the erms and yeahs :D

This is what Matt said in the Video Hits interview:

I: Ultimate gig; have you discussed playing somewhere like the pyramids or in space.

MB: Yeah, we've had discussions about space. Erm, I was thinking about approaching Branson and trying to play on his little thing that he's sending up there, but we'd have to reduce our backline, yeah, we've got too much backline at the moment, so we'd have to do it all on pods and things like that. I don't know, I think it would be possible and, you know, it's possible in our lifetime. I'd love to play in space.

I: Richard, if you're watching, this is your opportunity. Twitter, Twitter.

Oi!! If your going to post insults about MUSE on a thread on a MUSE sight, I'd much rather you be polite and shut up!!

About the gig in space... who will the audience be?? I volunteer... that would be totally epic!! :D

This in turn implies that Muse hasn't started getting closer towards shitty pop music when, let's face it, they have. :LOL:

You would like that, wouldn't you?

Archived