Yeah, a Klon Centaur. It rocks and rolls. James, how do you like the Archer? From what I hear that's supposed to be one of the closest klones.

I like it, but the only other klone I've had was the EHX soul food which was decent at best. I've never actually tried a real one either.

Afoolandhismoney.jpg

What sets the klon apart from a modded tubescreamer though? besides the $2500+ price difference

I like it, but the only other klone I've had was the EHX soul food which was decent at best. I've never actually tried a real one either.

Afoolandhismoney.jpg

What sets the klon apart from a modded tubescreamer though? besides the $2500+ price difference

Neither had I, until yesterday :chuckle: I hate to say "its so transparent" because that word has become so overused, but it really is...you can see why it made "transparent" such a buzzword for low-gain overdrives.

Neither had I, until yesterday :chuckle: I hate to say "its so transparent" because that word has become so overused, but it really is...you can see why it made "transparent" such a buzzword for low-gain overdrives.

Do you regret pulling the trigger on this transparent overdrive that has its own thing going on? I realize it must be cool to have one in your stable and maybe even using it as an "always on" pedal on your praise and worship pedalboard, but it's also an investment. Do let me know what you think when you put it through it's paces, and maybe you can also school me on it when I'm ready to thin the herd and buy a transparent overdrive to cover all my bases.

Just sayin'

Archived