Got myself a new tele today. An amazing guitar.

Specs:

BODY

Tele

Transparent Black Finish

Black Pickguard (not a standard tele pickguard)

2 tone/vol

Bigsby Trem installed

Seymour Duncan Hot P90 in bridge

Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 in neck

Ash Body

Hollow body

NECK

Set-in

Maple neck (I think)

Ebony fretboard

Dot inlays

Graphite Nut

22 Med-Jumbo Frets

Fender Locking tuners.

For some reason it says "Jim Adkins" on the back. That isn't my name. I don't know why it says that..

EXTREMELY thin neck. (The way I like it)

Headstock

Fretboard

Body

Neck Joint

Headstock (back)

Got myself a new tele today. An amazing guitar.

Specs:

BODY

Tele

Transparent Black Finish

Black Pickguard (not a standard tele pickguard)

2 tone/vol

Bigsby Trem installed

Seymour Duncan Hot P90 in bridge

Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 in neck

Ash Body

Hollow body

NECK

Set-in

Maple neck (I think)

Ebony fretboard

Dot inlays

Graphite Nut

22 Med-Jumbo Frets

Fender Locking tuners.

For some reason it says "Jim Adkins" on the back. That isn't my name. I don't know why it says that..

EXTREMELY thin neck. (The way I like it)

Headstock

Fretboard

Body

Neck Joint

Headstock (back)

I have that! Although my bridge is different - ah I see you modified it. It really is a cracking guitar, love the p90s!

Mine:

5255283276_d2bce9b66b_b.jpg

5255282868_103923b073_b.jpg

Got the tax returns back tonight, and bought the Pod HD500 as soon as I found the moniez in my account.

I knew I wanted it as soon as I saw someone post a picture of it, I just had to get some more info... I found a great deal for $419, free shipping.

There were a lot of things about the HD500 that just jumped off the page for me, and made my upgrade from the XT live necessary.

Being able to have multiple effects on at once was a huge one. With the XT live, you can only have one delay, one stomp (which includes compressors, overdrives, distortions, fuzz, autowah, synths, octaver), one mod (flange, phaser, rotary, tremolo) etc etc.

Now with the HD500, you can make whatever combinations you'd like (up to 8).

It has an EFFECTS LOOP. And as mentioned before, the whammy, octoverb, and loop addition.

In my opinion, those effects in itself make it worth it. Can't wait to get it :D

Got the tax returns back tonight, and bought the Pod HD500 as soon as I found the moniez in my account.

I knew I wanted it as soon as I saw someone post a picture of it, I just had to get some more info... I found a great deal for $419, free shipping.

There were a lot of things about the HD500 that just jumped off the page for me, and made my upgrade from the XT live necessary.

Being able to have multiple effects on at once was a huge one. With the XT live, you can only have one delay, one stomp (which includes compressors, overdrives, distortions, fuzz, autowah, synths, octaver), one mod (flange, phaser, rotary, tremolo) etc etc.

It has an EFFECTS LOOP. And as mentioned before, the whammy, octoverb, and loop addition.

In my opinion, those effects in itself make it worth it. Can't wait to get it :D

Set up Octoverb with an expression pedal, that with a dotted eighth delay and you are The Edge :D

Guest bshuker

sweet, the octoverb is something i really wanted on my x3 but didnt have. very tempted to get a hd now goddamn

If you sell your X3, you can probably get away with only having to put a couple hundred down for the HD. The XT Live I have now is great, but apparently all the effects, especially the amp models, are supposed to be FAR better. Can't wait for some whammy action :awesome:

Word on the street is that it comes extremely close to Mysterious Ways too. There's quite a few decent YouTube vid's on the HD500.

If I read correctly, I'll be able to throw an expression pedal on the octoverb! I was going to convert to an all stomp box board, but this changes everything. I'll sell the big muff and the XT, and I should get around half of this pedal covered.

Or keep the Big Muff? I'll figure it out.

Guest bshuker

i havent had my x3 for some time now so unfortunately can't do that.

also, i had the xt live before my x3 live: the amp models and fx on the x3 were much much better sounding than the xt, so i wouldn't be surprised if the hd is better again.

yeah the expression pedal on the x3 was assignable to pretty much any parameter, so you should be able to get it to run the octoverb no trouble.

Guest bshuker

yeah to be honest there were too many rubbish models on the x3, looks like this time they've just gone for quality vs quantity. also the effects are from the m13 on the hd, which is a huge bonus because they are much better than the pod fx were from what ive seen.

also:

it does sound pretty killer

yeah to be honest there were too many rubbish models on the x3, looks like this time they've just gone for quality vs quantity. also the effects are from the m13 on the hd, which is a huge bonus because they are much better than the pod fx were from what ive seen.

also:

it does sound pretty killer

did you ever hear the vh4 model on the x3? kinda want the x3 just because they modelled that shit (don't want to spend £2500 on the vh4 itself).

hd500 sounds tempting (and cheaper with foot controlling goodness) but x3 still has its special place.

can you connect the hd500 up to a mac and edit patches through software?

did you ever hear the vh4 model on the x3? kinda want the x3 just because they modelled that shit (don't want to spend £2500 on the vh4 itself).

hd500 sounds tempting (and cheaper with foot controlling goodness) but x3 still has its special place.

buy my diefet :awesome:

Guest bshuker

yeah i had the x3, the diezel model was ok. i don't remember how convincing it was exactly, i do remember there was both an einstein model and a vh4 model though.

actually found a clip:

sounds fairly generic high gain to be honest with you though

yeah you can edit patches etc via usb on mac according to specs. theyve had patch editing on pods going way back so probably no need to worry.

to be fair, you could get a second hand x3 and see what you think of it. it would no doubt be pretty cheap versus £400 for the hd500.

only limitation would be that the hd definitely has better effects

Archived