YAY! New Marshall is MIDI-able so you can haz teh Bellz0r with your LF Pro :LOL:

so was the one that it's replacing, but i never used the MIDI function on that

+1. The JVM in both the 2 and 4 channel versions are great amps.

good to hear - i've not tried the two channel before, but i think i might miss having the separate EQ for each channel, which is what my old amp had.

For what I do, I generally like to have three sounds...clean, a main distorted sound, and a lead sound. This should work nicely.

Woolly Mammoth clone - :D

Keeley mod ts9dx - :D

Keeley mod DS-1 - :supersad:

Freaking hate that pedal. But, it was a really cheap local deal. Should be able to sell it for the same price I paid for it or more. The TS9 was a local deal too... only $80. Couldn't be happier with it.

Bought the Big muff tone wicker & the planet waves humidifier & temp humidifer sensor for the Manson (both sit in the case)

Hoping to get the Korg ax3000g next month

nice, you still planning to get a new amp?

i'm finding that the electrics don't need too much humidification...the humidity has dropped below 20% here apparently (should be around 50% for guitars), and i'm just running one of those humidifiers in the room to bring it back up. they seem to be doing fine.

also make sure that it's not freezing where you're keeping the guitar. i have it around 70 degrees.

Yeah still on the cards, my mate lets me use his Laney pro tube stack for practice so thats good. I hope to goto a shop in the near future and try some out see what I like :)

Humid is about 45%, 58F so just have to keep an eye on it

that amount of humidity should be fine, but I would keep it in a warmer place. right now it's showing about 68F here, which is a little cooler than it should be, but not bad. It tends to go a little above 70 during the day (which is ideal), and the lowest I've seen was about 65 during the night. But that's when the heating system doesn't switch on for whatever reason.

But what you want to avoid the most is low humidity. Keep your fretboard oiled as well.

As for the amp, what's your budget? I've just ordered a two channel 50 watt JVM...should be great.

yeah fretboard oiled up even put a dab on the back of the body altho i dont need to :)

The temp is low because its on the landing tucked away and the heat isnt on, dont want to keep in my room as I have a portable heater and temp changes a lot, im lucky I live in a coastal region so theres slightly more humidity where I am.

Amp wise only looking for something small to carry to prac etc, will invest in a bigger one if I need to for gigs but im hoping a good PA will prevent me from needing an upgrade.

So anything £200-300 is fine for now, did see a Kustom 18 watt valve for about 100-150, ideal little amp but I havent tried it yet

yeah fretboard oiled up even put a dab on the back of the body altho i dont need to :)

The temp is low because its on the landing tucked away and the heat isnt on, dont want to keep in my room as I have a portable heater and temp changes a lot, im lucky I live in a coastal region so theres slightly more humidity where I am.

Amp wise only looking for something small to carry to prac etc, will invest in a bigger one if I need to for gigs but im hoping a good PA will prevent me from needing an upgrade.

So anything £200-300 is fine for now, did see a Kustom 18 watt valve for about 100-150, ideal little amp but I havent tried it yet

if you can save up a bit more, i'd go with this

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/orange-tiny-terror-combo/21988

so was the one that it's replacing, but i never used the MIDI function on that

good to hear - i've not tried the two channel before, but i think i might miss having the separate EQ for each channel, which is what my old amp had.

For what I do, I generally like to have three sounds...clean, a main distorted sound, and a lead sound. This should work nicely.

I have my JVM setup with the 6way Footswitch as followed (nova delay in effectloop with a delay of 500ms with just 2 subtle repeats):

1 Clean with a bit of reverb (Clean Green mode)

2 Slightly overdriven sound with reverb and delay (Crunch orange mode)

3 Main Distortion (OD1 Orange mode, godlike!)

4 Main Distortion + Delay (OD1 Orange mode)

5 Too much gain for palmmute madness (OD2 Red mode)

6 switch to master volume 2 (solo boost-ish)

I have said it many times, but I might finally do a demo if someone's interested..

most guitars are suitable for a beginner.

Not a purchase, but for christmas my girlfriend's dad gave me one of his old guitars - it's a washburn dreadnaught from '87 - sounds pretty nice! It needs a new nut, but I cba at the moment.

My brother seems to have sweet talked somone into lending him a washburn dreadnaugh from the 90s to funnily enough. They are indeed rather good!

Just sold my 120watt bugeta 333xl for $650 (bought it for $420!) Too loud for my townhome.. bought a vox ac4tvh. It's a small all tube head and stack, $350. switchable to 1/4, 1, and 4 watts. Gets decently loud! Ill throw a mic on it for gigs (we have a nice pa). it actually sounds amazing! I'll need to tweak some pedals, but it should work nicely.

Archived