yeah i had the x3, the diezel model was ok. i don't remember how convincing it was exactly, i do remember there was both an einstein model and a vh4 model though.

actually found a clip:

sounds fairly generic high gain to be honest with you though

yeah you can edit patches etc via usb on mac according to specs. theyve had patch editing on pods going way back so probably no need to worry.

to be fair, you could get a second hand x3 and see what you think of it. it would no doubt be pretty cheap versus £400 for the hd500.

only limitation would be that the hd definitely has better effects

nah they're still pricey as fuck on ebay. just bought the hd500. mainly on the assumption that m13 is nicer and they can obviously upgrade with more models in the future :)

Guest bshuker

sweet! hope it's good, i think it should be very nice indeed. let us know what you think when you get it! definitely worth it for the m13 effects imo, octoverb set on the treadle and it's gonna be absolutely spacey sexy madness

sweet! hope it's good, i think it should be very nice indeed. let us know what you think when you get it! definitely worth it for the m13 effects imo, octoverb set on the treadle and it's gonna be absolutely spacey sexy madness

got it yesterday and had a go last night :)

quite happy with the purchase, instantly jammed out silly on the looper feature :) sound is DEFINITELY better than guitar rig and previous pod models, effects are fun and quirky.

there's a "plugged in baby" preset that's pretty fun, not exactly fuzz factory but close enough.

might upload some stuff tonight

did you ever hear the vh4 model on the x3? kinda want the x3 just because they modelled that shit (don't want to spend £2500 on the vh4 itself).

hd500 sounds tempting (and cheaper with foot controlling goodness) but x3 still has its special place.

can you connect the hd500 up to a mac and edit patches through software?

Never liked the Diezel models on the X3.

That said, I've never been that sold on them to start with.

Aaahhh!

UPS says it will be delivered tomorrow, can't wait :D I'm going to have way too much fun with this.

Reaaallly dig the stereo effects

What's that "yeaahhh yeaahhh" effect at 3:00? And what amp model/patch is at 3:14? That one sounds massive! My favorite so far.

the "yeah yeah" effect was a vocoder preset. i forgot what the other model was, it MIGHT be tread lightly

Came home from work at 1am to find my HD 500 was shipped while I was there. I just spent a good hour going through all the preset patches with 2 guitars (strat/peavey thing).

Aaaahhhhh.... It is phenomenal. I am floored at how great it sounds. Granted, like everyone says, a lot of the presets are just to show off what it can do. And DAMN, it does that well. I can't wait until I dive into it tomorrow, I may have to call in sick.

Biggest surprise, next to the U2 double-delay patch for Bad?

MYSTERIOUS WAYS patch! It needs some mild adjusting, it's had a bit too much high end on it through headphones. For those who aren't U2 faggots, the Korg A3 had a crazy autowah patch on it that the Edge used for Mysterious Ways. It's a combo of autowah, flange, reverb, and whatever else. It's real hard to replicate from what I've heard without getting the Korg A3 and proper (chip?)

The effect can be heard at 0:30 and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPjQZ4_92Aw

This pedal comes highly, highly, highly recommended. But then again, I've only played it for an hour. It's left a brilliant first impression.

i Hey Jim.

Just figured out how to assign the expression pedal to octoverb mix parameter.

EPIC

Edit: another cool thing I found.... I was having a hard time finding a way to just boost the signal more, all the boosts and drives were piling gain instead of making it louder. Found out, I can assign the expression pedal to amp volume. Have the minimum position be the standard, and all the way up be a 20% increase (or whatever you'd like)

I really do think this thing can do it all

i Hey Jim.

EPIC

Edit: another cool thing I found.... I was having a hard time finding a way to just boost the signal more, all the boosts and drives were piling gain instead of making it louder. Found out, I can assign the expression pedal to amp volume. Have the minimum position be the standard, and all the way up be a 20% increase (or whatever you'd like)

Yep, I'm loving my M13. Based on the Spider amps I thought Line6 was really tacky, now I love it haha

I agree

I was against line 6 all the way when I saw/played their amps. 13 year old metal wannabe came to my head. Saw their Echo Park, dug it. Used one of their distortions, really liked it. Grabbed the XT live when my cheap multifx died, REALLY loved it.

Now this? I'm hooked.

I still think their amps are shit though. Haven't heard their latest, but until I hear otherwise..

i Hey Jim.

EPIC

post more samples! i haven't played enough of it yet but will definitely need to make my own presets :)

Ill try to get some up soon! The more I dive into it, the more interesting it gets...

I'm finding a lot of versatility with the expression pedal. For one of my patches, I'm running a higher gain amp (the mesa model?) with a cleaner/mild crunch AC30 in dual. The mesa is running a bit louder than the ac30, and at the appropriate time in the song, I can pull back the mesa volume on the expression pedal and gradually slide into the more clean tone.

Ill try to get some up soon! The more I dive into it, the more interesting it gets...

I'm finding a lot of versatility with the expression pedal. For one of my patches, I'm running a higher gain amp (the mesa model?) with a cleaner/mild crunch AC30 in dual. The mesa is running a bit louder than the ac30, and at the appropriate time in the song, I can pull back the mesa volume on the expression pedal and gradually slide into the more clean tone.

kinda got my favourite sound going now, did a 6 minute jam on it

i love the loop machine the most, the fact that you can keep the loop going AND change patches in between :D

Archived