You know, maybe this is just me, but never thought they completely ignored the setlist polls. I saw the results and Citizen Erased and Bliss were at the top almost always. What looks like what happened is that they learned CE and Bliss, tried to play them whenever they could, and just ignored the rest.

But I didn't see songs like Showbiz or Fury in the top frequently.

First off, having songs like Uprising, Starlight and KoC in the polls in the first place showed that they didn't really give a damn.

second, always taking the easy way out(if KoC was in the top5, ignore the rest) showed that they didn't really give a damn.

third, having CE and/or Bliss in the top5, songs that they already know, and then not playing them at some shows showed that they didn't really give a damn.

and finally, saying specifically that "We have to play Bliss and CE tonight, otherwise we will piss off a lot of fans", and then not playing them...WHAT IS THAT?

First off, having songs like Uprising, Starlight and KoC in the polls in the first place showed that they didn't really give a damn.

second, always taking the easy way out(if KoC was in the top5, ignore the rest) showed that they didn't really give a damn.

third, having CE and/or Bliss in the top5, songs that they already know, and then not playing them at some shows showed that they didn't really give a damn.

and finally, saying specifically that "We have to play Bliss and CE tonight, otherwise we will piss off a lot of fans", and then not playing them...WHAT IS THAT?

All very true. At the time I was more of the mind that we should be thankful for what we're getting but looking back we have the absolute right to complain.

Usually Muse just play what they want (though why they like playing the same big singles in the same order every night, I dunno) and thats up to them but when they gave us the choice, they completely ignored it, except 2 songs becoming interchangable semi-regulars. It's really disrespectful and I think it's shown how much Muse now care about the opinions of their golden oldie fans.

I still love them, of course, but I (and I think most of us) know,they don't really care.

Probably :LOL:

Not sure why this thread is full of complaining, though. I feel like if people aren't happy with the setlists, they should stop checking the setlists or even going to the gigs.

I think the complaints are more do to with Muse not trying challenging themselves when they could if they tried, only resorting to the staples at every gig.

Basically, this:

I think it's more that people are annoyed at how good they could be if they put in that little extra effort, which they generally don't, so instead of mind-blowing Muse we get good Muse. You make a good point, though.

A thing that I don't get is this argument that people constantly make that we should be grateful for what we get. That we should be happy that they even do concerts at all. Like Muse are somehow doing it as a favor to us.

:yesey: In their eyes no one should question/complain what Muse do.

But your post quoting Dell is the worst post from you.

:yesey: In their eyes no one should question/complain what Muse do.

But your post quoting Dell is the worst post from you.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people questioning or complaining what they do. I do, however, think that if ALL someone does is bitch and complain and they have so many issues with every single the thing band does, maybe they should go find another band to follow because it doesn't look like Muse is changing anytime soon.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people questioning or complaining what they do. I do, however, think that if ALL someone does is bitch and complain and they have so many issues with every single the thing band does, maybe they should go find another band to follow because it doesn't look like Muse is changing anytime soon.

I don't think there's a single person on this board who fits that description tbh.

Back to the Muscle Museum thing... now I do think the whole pedal thing is a bunch of crap. When I played MM on my guitar, it sounded pretty normal even without a rare effects pedal.. I do think that one's a lie. Plus, why not switch up the sound? They're doing it for UD, why's it matter if MM sounds a bit different...?

Ah, of course. My previous post in this thread wasn't directed at you. Your point taken. :)

Back to the Muscle Museum thing... now I do think the whole pedal thing is a bunch of crap. When I played MM on my guitar, it sounded pretty normal even without a rare effects pedal.. I do think that one's a lie. Plus, why not switch up the sound? They're doing it for UD, why's it matter if MM sounds a bit different...?

THIS.

Plus, are we honestly supposed to believe that if Matt really wanted to, he couldn't find a way to find one/have one specially made? Not like he doesn't have the money or means :rolleyes:

Oh well... Showbiz songs are now a thing of the past anyway :(

All very true. At the time I was more of the mind that we should be thankful for what we're getting but looking back we have the absolute right to complain.

Usually Muse just play what they want (though why they like playing the same big singles in the same order every night, I dunno) and thats up to them but when they gave us the choice, they completely ignored it, except 2 songs becoming interchangable semi-regulars. It's really disrespectful and I think it's shown how much Muse now care about the opinions of their golden oldie fans.

I still love them, of course, but I (and I think most of us) know,they don't really care.

One small correction in that I wouldn't even call Bliss and Citizen Erased 'semi-regulars' to be honest. Not on The Resistance Tour anyway.

THIS.

Plus, are we honestly supposed to believe that if Matt really wanted to, he couldn't find a way to find one/have one specially made? Not like he doesn't have the money or means :rolleyes:

Oh well... Showbiz songs are now a thing of the past anyway :(

Right. I mean how many times has he had the Glitterati replaced...? :rolleyes:

But I mean I could understand them not liking most of the Showbiz songs because their personalities and music have evolved a lot. And they were a looooooot younger when they wrote those. It's probably one of those moments where you look back on something you did when you were younger and think "Why did I do that?"

But that doesn't mean they can't play them..

Right. I mean how many times has he had the Glitterati replaced...? :rolleyes:

But I mean I could understand them not liking most of the Showbiz songs because their personalities and music have evolved a lot. And they were a looooooot younger when they wrote those. It's probably one of those moments where you look back on something you did when you were younger and think "Why did I do that?"

But that doesn't mean they can't play them..

I think it does. I don't blame Muse for not wanting to play Showbiz songs.

But goddamnit Matt, just SAY so. No need for ridiculous excuses about lost pedals.

I don't think it's a case of them not liking Showbiz anymore, because they obviously still have songs from the album they are willing to play (Example: Cave, Japan, January 2010) It's more that they don't want to play some of the songs because they feel they've outgrown them or that it just doesn't fit the tone of the band anymore. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Muse enjoy playing older songs at R/L this year and end up sticking a few more into the setlists for the Album 6 tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This from the "it's never too early" files --

So even though Muse just started recording, there are already rumors of new gigs!

http://rockerparis.blogspot.com/2011/11/metallica-madonna-rolling-stones.html

"Metallica , Coldplay, Muse & more @ Stade de france next year...

The Rolling Stones & Muse are likely to play in Sept 2012....."

Don't shoot the messenger, I know this is just some random blog, but hey, this is the Speculation thread after all...:D

This from the "it's never too early" files --

So even though Muse just started recording, there are already rumors of new gigs!

http://rockerparis.blogspot.com/2011/11/metallica-madonna-rolling-stones.html

"Metallica , Coldplay, Muse & more @ Stade de france next year...

The Rolling Stones & Muse are likely to play in Sept 2012....."

Don't shoot the messenger, I know this is just some random blog, but hey, this is the Speculation thread after all...:D

Obviously not true, sorry. Muse won't have any gigs planned yet.

And while I'm on a roll....

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/167189-muse/

Muse at Sonisphere 2012, according to upcoming NME.

FWIW, these dates are not that farfetched. Coldplay did several festivals this summer, and their album came out just a few weeks ago. Album release dates don't mean a thing in a time of itunes singles coming out 6 months in advance, just sayin'.

But still, grain of salt....;)

~sigh~ this is what happens when you waste your day waiting for in-studio twitpics.

And while I'm on a roll....

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/167189-muse/

Muse at Sonisphere 2012, according to upcoming NME.

FWIW, these dates are not that farfetched. Coldplay did several festivals this summer, and their album came out just a few weeks ago. Album release dates don't mean a thing in a time of itunes singles coming out 6 months in advance, just sayin'.

But still, grain of salt....;)

~sigh~ this is what happens when you waste your day waiting for in-studio twitpics.

Although I wouldn't disagree with the fact that they may be planning gigs now, I doubt they'd play Sonisphere. Muse haven't been heavy enough for there for two, maybe three albums now.