I read a lot about it this morning, let‘s filter the important stuff.

a lucky fan got Matts Manson after he failed to completely smash it on the ceiling …..

There‘ll be a documentary with this footage soon

One Muser said that  Compliance will be uploaded on Youtube soon, maybe even more 🤷‍♀️

Stacie and Elle posted short videos on Instagram 

They signed and took photos after the gig 

oh, and it‘s the official start of the new tour :dance:

Edited by Claudia O

8 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

Apparently Matt sang the full GOB bridge on Assassin. Has he ever done that before? I can’t remember. 

OMG!!! Just watched it , amazing! 

who was there from the  board then? I read that fans without ticket got in.. 🤯

Edited by Claudia O

4 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Was it you who gave Matt a CD (or DVD?) of Jeff Buckley at Reading, I think? 👍

idk how you’ve managed to make that connection or how it’s spreading like it is but yes! 😅 was a really cool moment, he told me a story and we had a proper chat about it, everything about the last 24 hours was so surreal

1 hour ago, Silentgod86 said:

C'mon Apollo with longer setlist!

I won't have a bad word said about Pressure, is there's one song worth preserving from ST other than Dark Side, it's pressure.

It’s just odd, I wasn’t expecting it to be a staple. 

Also, in my head it has been replaced by the marching band version, so that may be why I like it less than I should. 

Man everybody knows the GOB edit is the superior version of Assassin! That's wicked! Odds they'll keep it in when they finally kick this tour into high gear and come to the US? Definitely a lot of great cuts in that set, though I'm not sure opening with WSD makes a ton of sense outside of just promoting the new single. Jobby was there? How awesome dude, I hope you had one of the best nights of your life! How was WSD as an opener?

7 hours ago, Jobby said:

idk how you’ve managed to make that connection or how it’s spreading like it is but yes! 😅 was a really cool moment, he told me a story and we had a proper chat about it, everything about the last 24 hours was so surreal

I saw a short video of your chat, somewhere I saw your twittername pop up, I can‘t remember exactly 😅

so cool! 
btw, HOW WAS IT ALL? we need information!!

Edited by Claudia O

So a general sum up of gig info:

Won’t Stand Down - Matt did screams, some big harmonics during the chugging before the last breakdown

Hysteria - crowd sang the main riff, School (or another Nirvana riff) + Back In Black outro

Pressure - Matt got a bit loose and did some variations of the verse riff

Compliance - guitar very similar to Dark Side live, Matt played the Knight Rider bridge, lovely A4s at the end, seemed v happy with how the crowd took to it

Supermassive - Foxey Lady outro

Assassin GOB Edit - holy fucking shit lmao

Psycho - outro for either this or Assassin (can’t remember which) was a riff that so far nobody has said they recognised, the band were smiling at each other while playing it so wondering if it might’ve been something from WOTP

PIB - got a bit emosh

Bliss - also got a bit emosh, keys were a backing track, Matt did a similar whammy sustain intro to the 2017 performances

Knights - Dom played keys during MWAH in Morgan’s absence, thought I couldn’t escape it as a closer UNTIL

Stockholm - Execution Comms outro

Agitated - immense, Matt tried to smash his guitar against the roof at the end but just unplugged his wireless pack a couple of times lmao, gave it away at the end, whole band stayed on stage for quite a while just shaking hands/signing stuff/giving away anything they could from the stage

Probably played for about an hour or close in the end, which isn’t bad for a free promo gig. Energy didn’t stop either so I was pretty ruined by the end anyway. Best experience of my life, hopefully getting their signatures tattooed later today 👀 had a lovely chat with Chris outside for a while as he had a smoke, Matt’s reaction to the Jeff Buckley bootleg and our chat made my life

Footage will be released on Youtube, Compliance first then “hopefully” more later, production company said they’d try to put the whole thing out if they can.

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I so cannot wait to see this footage. I want to hear the new songs played live. I really just want to see them play live again. It has been a while, since I have seen live clips. I want to see them play live on this tour, if possible. 

20 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

It’s just odd, I wasn’t expecting it to be a staple. 

Also, in my head it has been replaced by the marching band version, so that may be why I like it less than I should. 

It makes more sense than Psycho. Pressure is mediocre rift lifted by a great song, and not only is Psycho one of the greatest Muse rifts sunk by a shit song, it's fucking 6 minutes long! It's as if Psycho is man spreading on the setlist. You could add Hyper Music and The Small Print  to the setlist instead!

For the longest time I've ragged on the pop rock tracks like Uprising and Pressure but I've developed a soft spot for them. We know they're capable of much more complex songwriting but man if those songs aren't a good time! 

Need that tour announcement soon man. Starting to actually get my hopes up that they wont skip over NC this time.

22 hours ago, Jobby said:

So a general sum up of gig info:

Won’t Stand Down - Matt did screams, some big harmonics during the chugging before the last breakdown

Hysteria - crowd sang the main riff, School (or another Nirvana riff) + Back In Black outro

Pressure - Matt got a bit loose and did some variations of the verse riff

Compliance - guitar very similar to Dark Side live, Matt played the Knight Rider bridge, lovely A4s at the end, seemed v happy with how the crowd took to it

Supermassive - Foxey Lady outro

Assassin GOB Edit - holy fucking shit lmao

Psycho - outro for either this or Assassin (can’t remember which) was a riff that so far nobody has said they recognised, the band were smiling at each other while playing it so wondering if it might’ve been something from WOTP

PIB - got a bit emosh

Bliss - also got a bit emosh, keys were a backing track, Matt did a similar whammy sustain intro to the 2017 performances

Knights - Dom played keys during MWAH in Morgan’s absence, thought I couldn’t escape it as a closer UNTIL

Stockholm - Execution Comms outro

Agitated - immense, Matt tried to smash his guitar against the roof at the end but just unplugged his wireless pack a couple of times lmao, gave it away at the end, whole band stayed on stage for quite a while just shaking hands/signing stuff/giving away anything they could from the stage

Probably played for about an hour or close in the end, which isn’t bad for a free promo gig. Energy didn’t stop either so I was pretty ruined by the end anyway. Best experience of my life, hopefully getting their signatures tattooed later today 👀 had a lovely chat with Chris outside for a while as he had a smoke, Matt’s reaction to the Jeff Buckley bootleg and our chat made my life

Footage will be released on Youtube, Compliance first then “hopefully” more later, production company said they’d try to put the whole thing out if they can.

A riff a whole crowd of hardcore Muser said they didn't recognize... oooo... okay I gotta know.

• 5 weeks later...