L... The flexibility I'm talking about isn't the songs themselves but the shows themselves, if they had more time to perform they could afford to play more songs, if they were to cut even one support act that would give them at least an extra 45 minutes to play... And even more so if they don't have such expansive/complicated light shows.

They have 1 support act on the arena tour as all artist playing live do. They have the time if they want too. Open the doors at 1730, support from 1830 - 1915, Muse on at 20:00 and then they have 2 to 3 hours to play...

It's not that they can't or that the venue don't let them, they just don't want too.

EDIT: one good example is Glastonbury from all 3 headliners Muse was the one who asked for the shortest time and played the shortest setlist when they had no restrictions to play longer.

Yeah Dead Star is something that I can agree with you on, that was rather annoying, especially as they had a Micro Cuts riff added too... That one I won't try to justify.

I think B&H has been played at only the larger stadium gigs hasn't it?? Maybe it's got something to do with the Altered Reality thing, don't know... Went to Wembley, missed first night due to illness but saw 2nd and saw RBS, the visuals are VERY specific to RBS.

Not everyone would've heard tracks like Darkshines or Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, they SHOULD, but the truth is not everyone listens to whole albums (Which is sad) and what I mean by "the world" is saying that you want the perfect gig everytime, for everyone and that's just not possible due to how tight the schedule is... However, like I say, cut out the support and light shows and THEN they can focus solely on the music.

Aren't the visuals to RBS the same ones that they have been using since 2004?

No, not everyone will have heard Darkshines or TOADA. But why should Muse only play songs that 100% of the audience will have heard? If you go to a concert for a band that you don't know the older songs of, then you shouldn't expect the band to only play the songs that you have heard.

They have 1 support act on the arena tour as all artist playing live do. They have the time if they want too. Open the doors at 1730, support from 1830 - 1915, Muse on at 20:00 and then they have 2 to 3 hours to play...

It's not that they can't or that the venue don't let them, they just don't want too.

I want Muse to do a Ken Dodd and play a 7 hour set every night :LOL:

The man's in his 80s, how on earth can he do that night after night and still be as energetic as he is?

No, what I want is to see my favourite band offer some variety so that going to multiple gigs during the same tour won't be an issue. You are putting words in my mouth.

I don't mind that they're whoring themselves out, I can accept that. The point is that they've crossed a very clear boundary of whoring out way too much. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

I want to be able to have a fair chance at seeing some older songs, the songs that made me fall in love with Muse in the first place. Not everyone had the chance to see them 3-12 years ago like you.

I hate to say it but the term "You pay your money, you take your choice" does sadly come to mind when you choose to go to multiple shows on the same tour in a 12-15 month period knowing (If you're a boardie) what to expect... It's like going to a broadway show or to see a film, the majority of it will be exactly the same as before, but sometimes you'll notice something different.

I really believe Warner have alot to do with the whoring part, trying to get them out there more, which I understand from a financial standpoint because the tours don't pay for themselves.

Who doesn't want to be able to see surprises at a show, but then say one gig gets Spiral Static one night and another gig gets Pink Ego Box the next, both rarities, but both with different views aimed at them... You can't please everyone.

I hate to say it but the term "You pay your money, you take your choice" does sadly come to mind when you choose to go to multiple shows on the same tour in a 12-15 month period knowing (If you're a boardie) what to expect... It's like going to a broadway show or to see a film, the majority of it will be exactly the same as before, but sometimes you'll notice something different.

I really believe Warner have alot to do with the whoring part, trying to get them out there more, which I understand from a financial standpoint because the tours don't pay for themselves.

Who doesn't want to be able to see surprises at a show, but then say one gig gets Spiral Static one night and another gig gets Pink Ego Box the next, both rarities, but both with different views aimed at them... You can't please everyone.

That's just it though, I bought my tickets early. I had no idea what to expect. I don't have a crystal ball, unfortunately.

You don't really think your posts through, do you? :p

1. He bought the tickets long before he had any idea how this tour would be. Though he probably knew how the earlier ones had been, and they all had variety, new songs and rarities.

2.If you compare concerts with films, then you obviously have a very different view on concerts than most of the other concert goers.

1. He bought the tickets long before he had any idea how this tour would be. Though he probably knew how the earlier ones had been, and they all had variety, new songs and rarities.

2.If you compare concerts with films, then you obviously have a very different view on concerts than most of the other concert goers.

This.

And I still want to know why Muse should only play songs that 100% of the audience has heard.

in my opinion, if I go to a concert with a band I don't know all the songs of(which I done doing several times, and is going to do soon again), I sure as hell don't expect the band to only play their biggest hits and song that I will have heard. That's just absurd.

EDIT. Oh, and very egoistic.

"The older fans shouldn't be able to hear the songs that got them into the band, because I won't know them".

I bought my tickets early too, I had 9 months to sell my wembley ones on if I wanted, but I was still just as excited.

I'm comparing gigs to a majority of media related events where people are gathered, you can't expect something different every single night if you're on such a tight schedule... I used films as an example of how you know it's the same but sometimes you notice something you missed the next time 'round.

And I still want to know why Muse should only play songs that 100% of the audience has heard.

in my opinion, if I go to a concert with a band I don't know all the songs of(which I done doing several times, and is going to do soon again), I sure as hell don't expect the band to only play their biggest hits and song that I will have heard. That's just absurd.

EDIT. Oh, and very egoistic.

"The older fans shouldn't be able to hear the songs that got them into the band, because I won't know them".

And what you're saying is very elitist... "Newer fans shouldn't get all the attention, they weren't there when Muse started"

I bought my tickets early too, I had 9 months to sell my wembley ones on if I wanted, but I was still just as excited.

I'm comparing gigs to a majority of media related events where people are gathered, you can't expect something different every single night if you're on such a tight schedule... I used films as an example of how you know it's the same but sometimes you notice something you missed the next time 'round.

Sorry, but how ignorant are you to how live gigs work?

I know why you used films as an example, which is why I disagreed. Even Muse does SOMETHING different for every show, which instantly makes that example pointless. The thing is that a lot of the worlds best live bands today changes their shows every night, and Muse used to do it too, when they were still trying hard to be the best.

Yes, you can expect something different. A lot of bands does it. Muse CAN do it, no question about that. They already have practiced Bliss, CE, RBS, B&H, Dead Star, Sunburn, MK Ultra etc enough times to be able to play it live, but choose to only pull them out once in a while. That has nothing to do with a tight schedule.

And btw, Dee3Dee doesn't live in every country in the world, which means he probably also has plane tickets.

Aren't the visuals to RBS the same ones that they have been using since 2004?

No, not everyone will have heard Darkshines or TOADA. But why should Muse only play songs that 100% of the audience will have heard? If you go to a concert for a band that you don't know the older songs of, then you shouldn't expect the band to only play the songs that you have heard.

Possibly, but not on the scale of the altered reality set.

See the reason I'm on about the technical side of things is because I used to be an editor and I know how time consuming/constraining it can be to run a tour.

And the gigs I've been to on TR tour have all had 3+ support acts, I've not followed the US leg.

And what you're saying is very elitist... "Newer fans shouldn't get all the attention, they weren't there when Muse started"

Goddamn you are ignorant. I am saying "No part of the fans should get all of the attention, it's not impossible to please both the new and the old fans".

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Possibly, but not on the scale of the altered reality set.

See the reason I'm on about the technical side of things is because I used to be an editor and I know how time consuming/constraining it can be to run a tour.

And the gigs I've been to on TR tour have all had 3+ support acts, I've not followed the US leg.

That's the stadium gigs. The arena gigs still only has one support band, and they play 15 songs. The gigs that has 3 support bands gets around 18 songs. So what you are saying doesn't really add up.

Sorry, but how ignorant are you to how live gigs work?

How ignorant are you to how live TOURS work? How tight the scheduling is, travelling miles across the world day after day and setup a huge stage and disassemble, pack up and move the whole thing around the world, day after day in such a short amount of time.

It's easy to just stand in a crowd and listen to music, it's alot harder to actually organize, co-ordinate the show itself, much less play live every single time.

How ignorant are you to how live TOURS work? How tight the scheduling is, travelling miles across the world day after day and setup a huge stage and disassemble, pack up and move the whole thing around the world, day after day in such a short amount of time.

It's easy to just stand in a crowd and listen to music, it's alot harder to actually organize, co-ordinate the show itself, much less play live every single time.

Muse doesn't set up the stage, Muse doesn't pack up and move the things.

I've been on tour...

Not to mentioned organised gigs and played gigs in all sorts of types of music. :)

Goddamn you are ignorant. I am saying "No part of the fans should get all of the attention, it's not impossible to please both the new and the old fans".

Stop putting words in my mouth.

You just said "in my opinion, if I go to a concert with a band I don't know all the songs of(which I done doing several times, and is going to do soon again), I sure as hell don't expect the band to only play their biggest hits and song that I will have heard. That's just absurd"

Why is that absurd?? They're playing to 10k+ every gig and can't be expected to play different songs every gig, that's not impossible no, but as I've said with the constraints they have, it's fucking difficult to change things up EVERY gig.

You just said "in my opinion, if I go to a concert with a band I don't know all the songs of(which I done doing several times, and is going to do soon again), I sure as hell don't expect the band to only play their biggest hits and song that I will have heard. That's just absurd"

Why is that absurd?? They're playing to 10k+ every gig and can't be expected to play different songs every gig, that's not impossible no, but as I've said with the constraints they have, it's fucking difficult to change things up EVERY gig.

You clearly didn't get anything of what I said.

Let me rephrase. If I go to a gig with a band I haven't heard the older songs of, I don't expect them to ignore their older songs just because I and other new fans haven't heard them.

Have you been on a tour the scale of Muse?

It's alot more difficult than organizing a gig down the pub

Have YOU been on a tour of the scale of Muse?

If so, was it impossible or even hard if you got instructions to play a song that you already have visuals for and has been played just a few days ago?

Your arguments still fail when we have seen Muse pull out random songs from certain gigs during the whole tour.

You clearly didn't get anything of what I said.

Let me rephrase. If I go to a gig with a band I haven't heard the older songs of, I don't expect them to ignore their older songs just because I and other new fans haven't heard them.

They're NOT ignoring their older songs, you can't possibly expect them to play all of their older songs on the tour that's supposed to be advertising their new album, they're still fitting in alot of OoS tracks and yeah, they COULD fit in some more Showbiz stuff, but even so.