i lol'd....not very likely at all.... unless the organizers said "Wanna duet with Lady..." and Matt jumped in and said "YES :awesome:" thinking they were about to say GaGa :chuckle:

THIS. :LOL:

No way in hell, if indeed it was actually proposed, that it was anyone's idea from Muse. They'd sooner perform with Bieber.

+1. I've been following this thread for awhile and I think some people are expecting too much from this performance and are going to be disappointed afterwards.

Yep.

I'm not expecting too much from this performance, they often seem nervous performing on TV and with the Grammys I think they'll be nervous as hell.

yes, yes it would be... because any time anything people don't like happens, Muse is a solo act consisting solely of one Matthew Bellamy... but whenever anything is good, suddenly we're reminded that it is, in fact, a band consisting of 3 different guys.... and the other two were probably responsible for the good thing, in spite of Matt...

It was Matt's fault Chris and Dom voted Fury off Absolution. Chris and Dom can do no wrong :phu:

yes, yes it would be... because any time anything people don't like happens, Muse is a solo act consisting solely of one Matthew Bellamy... but whenever anything is good, suddenly we're reminded that it is, in fact, a band consisting of 3 different guys.... and the other two were probably responsible for the good thing, in spite of Matt...

:yesey:

THIS. :LOL:

No way in hell, if indeed it was actually proposed, that it was anyone's idea from Muse. They'd sooner perform with Bieber.

Exactly, I think the article that stated that was misinformed, or read into things incorrectly. The official Grammy website states:

"Current GRAMMY nominees Justin Bieber and Usher with Jaden Smith; nominees B.o.B, Bruno Mars, and Janelle Monáe; and nominated groups Lady Antebellum and Muse all have been added to the performance lineup for the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards telecast."

I suppose one could quickly glance over that last sentence and read it as Lady Antebellum and Muse performing together. Call it bad journalism, but it's not surprising in this day and age when otherwise reputable places site Twitter and Facebook as sources for stories.

As far as what they'll perform.. "Resistance" sounds likely since it's what's nominated, but then again (omg)Radiohead(lulz) did "15 Step" in 2009 when "House of Cards" was the song up for awards. So I suppose it doesn't really matter. "Uprising" would be my guess, even though by now everyone must be completely sick of that song.

As far as what they'll perform.. "Resistance" sounds likely since it's what's nominated, but then again (omg)Radiohead(lulz) did "15 Step" in 2009 when "House of Cards" was the song up for awards. So I suppose it doesn't really matter. "Uprising" would be my guess, even though by now everyone must be completely sick of that song.

I think they will perform Resistance which is cool. It will just be nice to get sight of them before March tbh (hopefully if it can be viewed in the UK) and I like Resistance. And it will be nice if they get the award! :)

Yep.

I'm not expecting too much from this performance, they often seem nervous performing on TV and with the Grammys I think they'll be nervous as hell.

i dont know if i agree with that.

they were definitely very nervous for uprising at the VMAs and it showed on the performance, but i think it had more to do with the fact that it was their first live appearance in a massive TV event in the US and it could be a breakthrough moment for the band in the states.

they've done live awards shows before and they deliver in style. starlight for the EMAs was absolutely brilliant (i remember being v disappointed that they werent doing KoC - but when they finished i was like :eek: it was just SO good). and who can forget hysteria for the 2004 brits?

So with Matt back in the UK, maybe they could rehearse an amazing medley? y/y
unless dom is back to the UK as well, i dont think much rehearsing will be done :LOL:

Exactly, I think the article that stated that was misinformed, or read into things incorrectly. The official Grammy website states:

"Current GRAMMY nominees Justin Bieber and Usher with Jaden Smith; nominees B.o.B, Bruno Mars, and Janelle Monáe; and nominated groups Lady Antebellum and Muse all have been added to the performance lineup for the 53rd Annual GRAMMY Awards telecast."

I suppose one could quickly glance over that last sentence and read it as Lady Antebellum and Muse performing together. Call it bad journalism, but it's not surprising in this day and age when otherwise reputable places site Twitter and Facebook as sources for stories.

THIS!

I think they'd be able to get away with whatever they want to play off of TR. I think it will end up being Resistance, but I light my candles every night for MKU. I really hope they don't do Uprising. That's the only song most people in the States know that they do. :facepalm:

they've done live awards shows before and they deliver in style. starlight for the EMAs was absolutely brilliant (i remember being v disappointed that they werent doing KoC - but when they finished i was like :eek: it was just SO good). and who can forget hysteria for the 2004 brits?

:yesey: and Hysteria at the Brits '04 was amazing.

I'm not too excited about Resistance, I don't think is a good song to perform on a TV show.

I'm not too excited about Resistance, I don't think is a good song to perform on a TV show.

+1. The beginning is boring, the end is boring, and they have the awful "It could be wrong" parts in the middle. It wouldn't translate well on live TV at all. But I doubt they have the balls to pull off MK Ultra. 2011 Muse is much different than 2004 Muse.

+1. The beginning is boring, the end is boring, and they have the awful "It could be wrong" parts in the middle. It wouldn't translate well on live TV at all. But I doubt they have the balls to pull off MK Ultra. 2011 Muse is much different than 2004 Muse.

Why is people so fucking obsessed with MK Ultra? In 2004 Muse didn't play anything rare at the Brits, they played Hysteria which was a pretty big single at the time.

Stop being so naive, this performance is not for the fans is for self promotion and I doubt they want to promote themselves with a song (MK Ultra) they haven't bothered to play at their own shows.

Who cares what they play its not gonna be anything special.

Just one song that's it even tho I would love to be in there when it happens but sadly I won't ill be outside waiting lol.

I did have a dream that they played recess while ridding bikes in a circus ring so I'm assuming it was a vision of what's to come.

didn't Rh perform with a local school band or something for that number? if Muse did something like that, or like the contest Foo Fighters had to find a violinist to perform w/them on the Grammy's, that'd be amazing

Archived