The definitive "What order should my FX pedals be placed in?" thread

zeuzman

Also, when I put my whammy and FF together the sound goes really muffled and not as crisp as when i use either separately, so I don't understand how that works...

:/

The Whammy isn't true bypass and therefore colours anything before it just simply by being in the chain. It's best to run your Whammy as early in the chain as you can because of this, not later on and don't be mislead by Morello's setup. Unfortunately the FF doesn't like being after a Whammy.

Yeh some people also reckon whammys will track better when first in the chain. I'm not so sure, but I would always have it there and I want my pitch-shifted guitar to be phased and distorted etc, I don't want my phased and distorted guitar to be pitch shifted.

What order should I use for:-

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Digitech Whammy

Digitech Hardwire TL- 2 Metal Distortion

Boss PH- 3 Phase Shifter

Boss GE- 7 Equalizer

Boss NS- 2 Noise Suppressor

Stick them all in the loop of the NS-2. Whammy first, then wah, then phase and EQ, it depends what sort of EQ settings you have as to where you want the EQ. Then the distortion last!

Yeh some people also reckon whammys will track better when first in the chain. I'm not so sure, but I would always have it there and I want my pitch-shifted guitar to be phased and distorted etc, I don't want my phased and distorted guitar to be pitch shifted.

Ahh, didn't think of that before! Haha, will come in handy if I ever get a whammy if I ever stop sucking at guitar :D

well before he had all his mansons, he used to stuck his effects on his guitar [hence the tape]. so he could run about with his guitar. he hadn't actually custumized it, by putting stuff in his guitar, he just stuck it on the body of the guitar :) his peavey wolffgang also got some tape on the sides

now you mention it.. that piece of "fretboard".. dunno what that is well before he had all his mansons, he used to stuck his effects on his guitar [hence the tape]. so he could run about with his guitar. he hadn't actually custumized it, by putting stuff in his guitar, he just stuck it on the body of the guitar :) his peavey wolffgang also got some tape on the sides

...He must have been made up to get shot of them when he got his mansons :D ahhhhh

...So you dont know what the fretboard looking bit is? ..if it is an FX wossname?

Dalton

well before he had all his mansons, he used to stuck his effects on his guitar [hence the tape]. so he could run about with his guitar. he hadn't actually custumized it, by putting stuff in his guitar, he just stuck it on the body of the guitar :) his peavey wolffgang also got some tape on the sides

now you mention it.. that piece of "fretboard".. dunno what that is well before he had all his mansons, he used to stuck his effects on his guitar [hence the tape]. so he could run about with his guitar. he hadn't actually custumized it, by putting stuff in his guitar, he just stuck it on the body of the guitar :) his peavey wolffgang also got some tape on the sides

...He must have been made up to get shot of them when he got his mansons :D ahhhhh

...So you dont know what the fretboard looking bit is? ..if it is an FX wossname?

Dalton

If you get a whammy you'll learn how to read and write.

No, it was a peavey valve king.

Everyone though matt had a soldano, but it turned out to be a laney of some kind.

Then esperado found out and plastered his forum username on his behringer which already had the name "laney" plastered on top of behringer..

Or something :facepalm:

Dalton

Yes, I understand you completely. Matt had his guitar tech to fit a whammy inside of the piece of fretboard so he could whammy while he's playing with wood.

Archived