The definitive "What order should my FX pedals be placed in?" thread

zeuzman

Morello has the wah in his fx loop? I thought he had everything but the wah in the fx loop

I'm fairly sure he said in a video where he was discussing his gear that he had everything in the loop, but I'm not 100%.

I'll see if I still have the video.

I think I know which video you mean...the one where he also explains some of his techniques?

I noticed on that video that he had all his pedals bar his wah on a board, and had a wah just lying on its own, and then I read on guitargeek (i think) that he has that in front of his amp.

I think I know which video you mean...the one where he also explains some of his techniques?

I noticed on that video that he had all his pedals bar his wah on a board, and had a wah just lying on its own, and then I read on guitargeek (i think) that he has that in front of his amp.

Yeah, that's the one.

I'll check guitargeek in a second, but lots of their information is wrong as you probably know!

I think you just have to figure out whether your effects (individually) sound better being driven straight from your guitar, or from your amp's pre-amp. You need to be careful about putting any volume-boosting effects in the loop incase you overload the power amp, which is fine with valves, but can be dangerous with SS.

not that i'm particuarly good at pedal ordering but i'd go for whammy > sho > bigg muff > small stone > echo head. though if i remember right does the small stone lower output slightly? i dunno if you might want to have it infront of the sho to boost it

not that i'm particuarly good at pedal ordering but i'd go for whammy > sho > bigg muff > small stone > echo head. though if i remember right does the small stone lower output slightly? i dunno if you might want to have it infront of the sho to boost it

yeah pretty sure it does

it was the whammy i wasnt sure where to put

cheers kev.

Well, its like putting the wah after your fuzz or distortion pedal, i absolutely hate this sound, i don't put too many effects in the loop and i don't use many effects at all,

Fuzz -> ..... wah -> .....

jonno seems to want it it, the ''original crybaby'' isn't true bypass, which is the one i have

GCB-95

Well, its like putting the wah after your fuzz or distortion pedal, i absolutely hate this sound, i don't put too many effects in the loop and i don't use many effects at all,

jonno seems to want it it, the ''original crybaby'' isn't true bypass, which is the one i have

GCB-95

Is that a reply to my question? If so, what variation of English is your mother tongue and are there any free translation sites for it?

Archived