The definitive "What order should my FX pedals be placed in?" thread

zeuzman

you can just poke the delay knob with your toe though ;) it does affect the pitch drastically while you turn it :p

If you use your DD6 for digital delay, it probably won't be at all the same, but most people regard analogue as far superior to digital delay...depends what you want it for. I'm pretty sure that it's analogue, but the other effects will be digital.

Digitech Whammy

Boss PW-10 Wah

Boss BD-2 blues driver

Boss Os-2 overdrive/distortion

Boss TU-2 Tuner

Boss DD-3 digital delay

EHX NYC Big Muff

Help, plz.

Whammy (dry out tuner) > wah > bd-2 > os-2 > big muff > delay

but really though, just try the overdrives and distortions in different orders, see what works best for you, obviously if you only use one at a time, its irrelavent :)

if you wanted the tuner in the chain, so you can mute and stuff like that, then id put it after the wah

i tryed using serch...couldn't really find much so i thought i'd just post...

i was wondering what order to put my fxs pedals in like the best order to get a better bypass kinda sound...

koass pad

line 6 dl4

mxr evh flanger

mxr stero chrous

electro harmonics bass balls

morley steve vai wah

digitech whammy pedal

^^ thats the order there in atm...

does anyone know the best set up for them then ?

thanks in advance (Y)

merggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeddddddd!

right. kaoss pad will go at the end *closest to amp* delay just before that and the rest is up to your personal preferance. do what sounds best but keep modulation and delays at the end :)

i tryed using serch...couldn't really find much so i thought i'd just post...

i was wondering what order to put my fxs pedals in like the best order to get a better bypass kinda sound...

koass pad

line 6 dl4

mxr evh flanger

mxr stero chrous

electro harmonics bass balls

morley steve vai wah

digitech whammy pedal

^^ thats the order there in atm...

does anyone know the best set up for them then ?

thanks in advance (Y)

sell the kaoss pad and maybe the whammy.

the order of your pedals won't have any effect on the quality of the bypassed signal, that's purely a result of what pedals you use.

if we're going to be really fussy, get a blender/loop thing for the DL4, certain models ruin the tone a bit (though generally only noticeable when using distortion)

sell the kaoss pad and maybe the whammy.

the order of your pedals won't have any effect on the quality of the bypassed signal, that's purely a result of what pedals you use.

if we're going to be really fussy, get a blender/loop thing for the DL4, certain models ruin the tone a bit (though generally only noticeable when using distortion)

hmm...not sure about that really. A high impedance buffered input is more likely to handle a crappy tone than TBP. If you ran 5 boss pedals into 10 TBP pedals in that order, you'd lose loads of tone, but if you ran the bosses separated by 2 TBP ones, you'd retain some tone! :p

It doesn't really matter, cos the whammy will suck most of the tone anyway, but it isn't exactly the same! It's abit like saying phase before distortion is the same as after it ;) (kinda)

hmm...not sure about that really. A high impedance buffered input is more likely to handle a crappy tone than TBP. If you ran 5 boss pedals into 10 TBP pedals in that order, you'd lose loads of tone, but if you ran the bosses separated by 2 TBP ones, you'd retain some tone! :p

yeah, but that would require a pretty extreme setup :)

• 2 weeks later...

righty, new pedals - opinions on order:

-Boss OS2 (overdrive/distortion)

-Lemon Fuzz (kinda like a Fuzz Face clone - a little)

-Homemade crazy Fuzz (kinda like a FF but using an op amp rather than transistors. Needs to be at the front still to react properly with the guitar and oscillate!)

-Morley Classic Wah

-4ms Tremulus Lune (I've never tried a Semaphore, but this is the best trem I've ever heard!)

-EHX small stone

-EHX small clone

-EHX deluxe memory man

I'm currently liking the OS2 after the DMM purely to drive the amp abit, though I really want a clean boost for that...

righty, new pedals - opinions on order:

-Boss OS2 (overdrive/distortion)

-Lemon Fuzz (kinda like a Fuzz Face clone - a little)

-Homemade crazy Fuzz (kinda like a FF but using an op amp rather than transistors. Needs to be at the front still to react properly with the guitar and oscillate!)

-Morley Classic Wah

-4ms Tremulus Lune (I've never tried a Semaphore, but this is the best trem I've ever heard!)

-EHX small stone

-EHX small clone

-EHX deluxe memory man

I'm currently liking the OS2 after the DMM purely to drive the amp abit, though I really want a clean boost for that...

Do you use everything infront of your amp or do you use the FX loop?

I guess:

Homemade Fuzz,

Wah

Lemon Fuzz

Small Stone

Small Clone

Trem

DMM

OS2

If you use the loop i'd stick the stone, clone, trem and DMM in the loop probably.

loops are for gays :p I'll try that - I'm still re-organizing my board, so I'm just interested in what other people think though...I've not yet decided whether the tremulus needs a buffered pedal after it...if you run it into the distorted amp, it obviously drop the volume across it so you get a fade between gritty and fully distorted! I've not decided yet if that's cool or annoying :LOL:

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would bring this thread back, but my question is a bit off topic, I apologise.

At the moment I have a fuzz factory, and a Korg AX3000g. The korg is great, but I prefer turning things on and off seperately, and I wish to split up the Multi FX into seperate pedals. E.g The whammy on the korg isnt as easy to access as a single whammy pedal, so Im going to get a Digitech whammy. Im going to sell the korg for £90. What do you recommend I should get for a:

Phaser

Volume Expression Pedal

Wah Pedal

Delay Pedal

and I was also thinking about getting a Sampler/Looper and a KP2 or a KP3. Do the kaoss pads have the looping function?

Chars :D

okay.. if u wanna go cliche muse:

Phaser: mxr phase90

Volume: Ernie Ball

Wah: who needs wah playing muse :p but anyways uwm... cry baby? u can buy my modded vox v847 wah for a decent price if u want... or a crybaby... morley wah? i think most are pretty okay

delay: line6 dl-4

*/clichémode*

Archived