Gahhhh all this not-knowing really is torture :LOL: I just have this horrible feeling that they're gonna end up doing the Chile Lolla and not the Chicago one :supersad:

Why oh why do we have to wait til April to find out?! :'(

(I know that post was pointless :LOL: But I have been thinking about the possibility of a Lolla let-down a lot today, for some reason :chuckle:)

You are not alone. :(

Gahhhh all this not-knowing really is torture :LOL: I just have this horrible feeling that they're gonna end up doing the Chile Lolla and not the Chicago one :supersad:

Why oh why do we have to wait til April to find out?! :'(

(I know that post was pointless :LOL: But I have been thinking about the possibility of a Lolla let-down a lot today, for some reason :chuckle:)

I'm with you. Hopefully, if Muse start announcing some South American dates, we can see if they'll be there around the time of Lolla chile....if so, chances are that they'll be there. :$ Just a theory.

it's pretty much gotten to the point where it'll be big let down for me, no matter what. i've already gotten my hopes up WAY too much. :facepalm::LOL:

I'm with you. Hopefully, if Muse start announcing some South American dates, we can see if they'll be there around the time of Lolla chile....if so, chances are that they'll be there. :$ Just a theory.

Do you think if they DO do Lolla in Chile, it's pretty unlikely they'll do Chicago too? :unsure:

I am trying to find reasons to keep hope... but I'm afraid of getting them up way to high :LOL:

I'm telling you, we are long overdue for more cryptic hints and clues about Chicago Lolla :LOL:

Do you think if they DO do Lolla in Chile, it's pretty unlikely they'll do Chicago too? :unsure:

I am trying to find reasons to keep hope... but I'm afraid of getting them up way to high :LOL:

I'm telling you, we are long overdue for more cryptic hints and clues about Chicago Lolla :LOL:

I'm not sure. It's just a guess of mine though. Lol. But it could be possible to do both lollas....I mean they're in two totally different countries and they're both months apart from eachother. I honestly hope they do both if Chile is announced. Cause my hopes are as high as all yours. Lol. Traveling all the way from southern cali to see this shizz. Best happen.:LOL:

yes. i most def will. i've already put the word out. :LOL:

Sweet. I iz counting on you. :p I don't normally listen to rap so I definitely have absolutely no connections there, hahaha. Maybe Michel could help too? I think he has a friend with rap hook-ups. Woo! The tour better be before May or you'll just have to come to Texas. :D

Also, I really don't think Muse will play Chilepalooza. Current rumors lean more towards The Cure, Madonna, Soundgarden, and RATM based on the pictures under Mas info. They all make sense as well. And if Muse goes and does dates with U2 in South America, I highly doubt they'd come back a month later to do Chilepalooza.

Sweet. I iz counting on you. :p I don't normally listen to rap so I definitely have absolutely no connections there, hahaha. Maybe Michel could help too? I think he has a friend with rap hook-ups. Woo! The tour better be before May or you'll just have to come to Texas. :D

If its after May, go to the Houston show :D

If its after May, go to the Houston show :D

If it's not during a fest, of course I will! Or Dallas. I have no idea where he'll play. I'm still not so sure he won't just do a stadium tour with Jay-Z so he can bring a bunch of special guests along and they'll only play a few cities.

If it's not during a fest, of course I will! Or Dallas. I have no idea where he'll play. I'm still not so sure he won't just do a stadium tour with Jay-Z so he can bring a bunch of special guests along and they'll only play a few cities.

I'm pretty sure he'll go to Houston in some form, but I'm not sure if it'll be with Jay-Z or not. I have a feeling if he tours with Jay-Z, it'll just be a few select dates like you mention, but he'll still do his own touring after that with other guests (Like Kid Cudi, Nicki Minaj, Pusha T, people like that) and I figure hit up a couple festivals along the way.

I'm pretty sure he'll go to Houston in some form, but I'm not sure if it'll be with Jay-Z or not. I have a feeling if he tours with Jay-Z, it'll just be a few select dates like you mention, but he'll still do his own touring after that with other guests (Like Kid Cudi, Nicki Minaj, Pusha T, people like that) and I figure hit up a couple festivals along the way.

I hope he headlines a fest. A lot better than other rumors I'm hearing. I don't have a large desire to see The Cure, or SOAD, or even The Rolling Stones.

I hope he headlines a fest. A lot better than other rumors I'm hearing. I don't have a large desire to see The Cure, or SOAD, or even The Rolling Stones.

Well I think he mentioned played festivals, not to mention someone (I think Justin Vernon of Bon Iver) said when he was listening to Lost in the World, he said "This is the festival closer"

He wouldn't do Bonnaroo again and I just cant see him at ACL. But very real chance of Coachella and/or Lolla. I also wouldn't be surprised if he did Sasquatch, and maybe Voodoo too.

I really hope SOAD doesn't do any of the majors in North America. Hope they just stick to Europe and just tour here. I've never gotten into the Cure so I don't know. I would like to see the Rolling Stones, though I wouldn't want the fest to overpay for them and sacrifice the undercard

Yep, pretty much everything you just said. Pretty sure ACL is gonna get RHCP. Roo would be stupid to book Kanye after last time. Lolla is possible, but he's headlined it a lot already. But I think it could happen, or at least they will probably have a rap act like Jay-Z or something. Who knows about Sasquatch and all the other minors fests like Outside Lands, etc.... Voodoo would love Kanye, but could they get them? And Coachella I have no clue anymore for. Arcade Fire is heavily rumored... I just hope it's acts I like. I'd be really upset if it was like Beastie Boys, etc.

Yep, pretty much everything you just said. Pretty sure ACL is gonna get RHCP. Roo would be stupid to book Kanye after last time. Lolla is possible, but he's headlined it a lot already. But I think it could happen, or at least they will probably have a rap act like Jay-Z or something. Who knows about Sasquatch and all the other minors fests like Outside Lands, etc.... Voodoo would love Kanye, but could they get them? And Coachella I have no clue anymore for. Arcade Fire is heavily rumored... I just hope it's acts I like. I'd be really upset if it was like Beastie Boys, etc.

Voodoo got Eminems only concert of 2009, which I'm sure would be harder to get than Kanye in the middle of a big tour, and they like more mainstream artists. They always bring in some big hip-hop person (Drake this year, Em in 2009, Lil Wayne in 2008). I think they have a realistic chance

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the year ACL finally gets Radiohead. I like RHCP a lot, but for some reason I really don't care all that much about seeing them live. I mean I'd see them but if someone good was playing across the park, I might would head over there. I think Arcade Fire will probably happen also for ACL.

And I'm pretty much certain for Arcade Fire at Coachella. I could also the Strokes as a subheadliner at Coachella. For big artists for Coachella, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rolling Stones had some weight to it honestly. And Kanye would fit as a headliner. So many options for Coachella so its hard to say.

Just saw the confirmation that Muse will be supporting U2 in Argentina on March 30th, and Chile Lolla is just a couple days later on April 2-3. This means things are looking way up for a headline spot in Chile's Lolla, which has me really concerned for Chicago. I mean, Lollapalooza without Muse still sounds like a fun experience, but I admit that some of this hype has really gotten to me, even if details were vague to begin with.

I'm not completely discounting anything yet (nothing is ruled out until the line-up is announced), especially since I'd still be down to flying out there if we have some other cool headliners, but I sort of have this sinking feeling... :(

:( This really scares the crap out of me. I've been telling myself that Lolla would be awesome even if Muse aren't there, and I'm sure I would love it, but I don't want to commit to this and have them play Bonnaroo or something. If they play anywhere in the US next year, I wanna be there. I guess I'll be waiting to buy my tickets until the line-up is confirmed. But I keep wondering, would they really have hinted that they may be doing Lolla when they meant Lolla Chile and no one else even knew that would exist? Seems odd :wtf:

i havent really heard anything and im not not really in the mood to read back 20, 30 pages of the forum, so has anything new surfaced about Muse or any festival line-up since the article hinting Muse's headline slot?

No, but Muse will be in South America opening for U2 before and after the dates of Lollapalooza Chile in April 2-3, so now there's speculation that they're only doing that festival. Or maybe the one in Chicago, too. Or maybe they're not even doing the one in Chile.

No, but Muse will be in South America opening for U2 before and after the dates of Lollapalooza Chile in April 2-3, so now there's speculation that they're only doing that festival. Or maybe the one in Chicago, too. Or maybe they're not even doing the one in Chile.

Which basically means... we're still not sure :LOL:

Archived