I love them too.

Where are the rumors for The Cure playing Lola in Chile coming from? I havent heard that anywhere but here.

If you go the festival's website and click More Info, it displays live pictures of The Cure, Rage Against the Machine, Madonna and Soundgarden. There's nothing in the text that references the pictures, so it's all a bit random... It will have been 15 years since The Cure's last trip to South America, so I'm hoping it pulls through for them.

So if Muse does play this, what if they play a few more US shows? I don't mean a tour, but maybe like hit Florida or something to make up for missing that (Weren't they planning on it until Chris had the baby?).

Then again, I suppose they might not bother, probably not worth bringing the setup for just 2-3 shows

So if Muse does play this, what if they play a few more US shows? I don't mean a tour, but maybe like hit Florida or something to make up for missing that (Weren't they planning on it until Chris had the baby?).

Then again, I suppose they might not bother, probably not worth bringing the setup for just 2-3 shows

If I recall, the Missouri shows were canceled and the Ohio dates were rescheduled, but I'm not sure they ever had anything planned in Florida in the first place. Unless people got that info somewhere else and I just don't know about it.

But you're right about the stage set-up likely being a hassle to carry over for just a few shows.

I dunno, I hate to jump ship already, but a one-off festival date in the U.S. just seems kind of odd to me when pieces are really falling into place for this Chile Lolla and no other shows seem to be planned beyond South American dates. I'd love to be proven wrong more than anything in the world, especially since there have been subtle hints, and I still think Musers at Lolla without Muse could be lots of fun, but I don't want to be massively disappointed if April rolls around and Muse is absent from the announced line-up. :$

I'm gonna stick with my: if they do Chilepalooza, that actually increases our chances for Chicagopalooza re: C3 contracts and past festivals. Also, they did say at one point they wanted to come back and tour a bit more in the US next year. Might have been on twitter.

There was no official date set, but a Tampa radio station hinted they'd be there in early Nov, and when the MO shows were cancelled the dj said it was out. So there was a rumor. I doubt they'll do anything stateside but fests, although if they came here I'd go insane. I feel like any random, one-off would be NYC or LA. :( *please let them do Lolla Chicago*

If I recall, the Missouri shows were canceled and the Ohio dates were rescheduled, but I'm not sure they ever had anything planned in Florida in the first place. Unless people got that info somewhere else and I just don't know about it.

I dunno, I hate to jump ship already, but a one-off festival date in the U.S. just seems kind of odd to me when pieces are really falling into place for this Chile Lolla and no other shows seem to be planned beyond South American dates.

I think the Florida info came from a DJ in the Tampa area who said there were plans for a show there? I seem to remember somebody here fishing for info back around July or August. It seems clear that they were planning on hitting up that area, but Chris' baby plans may or may not have foiled that before anything was even announced.

Re: Lollapalooza, somebody here (agenthal?) actually asked a band member about Bonnaroo/Lollapalooza festivals next year and the response was something along the lines that they were doing one of those. At the time, there was no knowledge of the festival in Chile. It's possible the band were already booked for Chile before the festival was even public knowledge, and that's all they were referring to. But at the time it did seem like a pretty clear confirmation of the one in Chicago, especially since the reports came from (Kerrang?) that mentioned Muse were offered a headlining spot for Lolla. Offered doesn't necessarily mean accepted, but... when everything so far has been taken into consideration, I don't think it's too far-fetched to assume they'll be in Chicago in August 2011.

*edit Missy beat me lol*

I think the Florida info came from a DJ in the Tampa area who said there were plans for a show there? I seem to remember somebody here fishing for info back around July or August. It seems clear that they were planning on hitting up that area, but Chris' baby plans may or may not have foiled that before anything was even announced.

Re: Lollapalooza, somebody here (agenthal?) actually asked a band member about Bonnaroo/Lollapalooza festivals next year and the response was something along the lines that they were doing one of those. At the time, there was no knowledge of the festival in Chile. It's possible the band were already booked for Chile before the festival was even public knowledge, and that's all they were referring to. But at the time it did seem like a pretty clear confirmation of the one in Chicago, especially since the reports came from (Kerrang?) that mentioned Muse were offered a headlining spot for Lolla. Offered doesn't necessarily mean accepted, but... when everything so far has been taken into consideration, I don't think it's too far-fetched to assume they'll be in Chicago in August 2011.

*edit Missy beat me lol*

It was me. I really don't think they'll skip the US fest season next summer guys. I'd be very surprised. Kind of like how I'll be very surprised if Coldplay doesn't headline a fest there (though not Bonnaroo, as they'll be at Pinkpop then).

It was me. I really don't think they'll skip the US fest season next summer guys. I'd be very surprised. Kind of like how I'll be very surprised if Coldplay doesn't headline a fest there (though not Bonnaroo, as they'll be at Pinkpop then).

I want you to be right more than anything else in the whole world.

think Coldplay might do Lolla??

I want you to be right more than anything else in the whole world.

+1

think Coldplay might do Lolla??

+1

My guess was actually Coachella, but I could see Lolla happening. I don't really see both Coldplay and Muse there together though. But Coldplay did ACL in 05 so it could be Lolla's "turn." However that same logic could also be applied to Foo Fighters... Coachella also got Coldplay in 05 though, so who knows.

I wish they'd do a one off show anywhere in the US. I'd definitely book my flight wherever that would be. Lol.

A little bit off topic but, I saw someone take a pic of Matt and Dom at a Weezer concert last Friday. Weezer performed their entire Blue album including their more recent hits. I'm hoping that Muse were taking notes and maybe considering this for next tour or something. Showbiz in its entirety one night. OoS the next night...and so on.

/end dream.

I wish they'd do a one off show anywhere in the US. I'd definitely book my flight wherever that would be. Lol.

A little bit off topic but, I saw someone take a pic of Matt and Dom at a Weezer concert last Friday. Weezer performed their entire Blue album including their more recent hits. I'm hoping that Muse were taking notes and maybe considering this for next tour or something. Showbiz in its entirety one night. OoS the next night...and so on.

/end dream.

Hahahaha, I wish. XD

/end dream.

One of my other favourite bands asked the fans to vote on which albums they wanted to have performed in their entirety. They picked the top two and did a tour across Canada; two nights in each city (well, mostly, they only did one night here in Halifax). Would be awesome if Muse did something like that (Absolution would be beyond amazing), but well... they'd have actually honour the poll results, and we all know how well that worked out the last time! :rolleyes::LOL:

If they did play Lollapalooza, seems hard for me to imagine them coming all the way over here just to do one date. Maybe they do a few more dates (Florida, Missouri, Ohio, and whatever else), but maybe they just bring the projected towers (Like they used for ACL and Voodoo) and go with that?

Who knows? XD

If they did play Lollapalooza, seems hard for me to imagine them coming all the way over here just to do one date. Maybe they do a few more dates (Florida, Missouri, Ohio, and whatever else), but maybe they just bring the projected towers (Like they used for ACL and Voodoo) and go with that?

I just want them to come to Lolla so bad! Need to see them again before they break for the new album!

And Linda, if Muse do what OLP did there that would be incredible!! But yes, Muse aren't very good with keeping up to poll results... :chuckle:

If they headlined, I think it would justify only making it out for the one show. They'd be getting paid a 6-figure amount, perhaps even up to 7.

Yeah, good point. You never really know with them. We can predict all we want and we'll probably all end up wrong :LOL:

And also, in regards to the playing full album thing, I still think they should do an OOS 10th anniversary show next year. Maybe release it on dvd or something.

Play a set of like hits, maybe throw in Dead Star and maybe a few Showbiz songs or something, and then play OOS in full.

I don't expect a tour, or even a mini-tour (though that would be incredibly awesome), but if we at least got it on DVD it'd be cool.

Maybe even do it at Royal Albert Hall?

If they headlined, I think it would justify only making it out for the one show. They'd be getting paid a 6-figure amount, perhaps even up to 7.

Oh yeah. Obviously Muse aren't on this level, but just for comparison the rumor was that Coachella was offering the Rolling Stones 5 million to play it. I wouldn't be surprised if Muse got paid 750k to 1 million, and they don't even have to play a full set, and they don't have to pay venue fees like at their normal shows, and I'm pretty sure they don't have to bother paying for security, or have to bother paying for advertising or any of that. And as a headliner you'll have a ton of people there who don't know much about you, so you get a chance to get a ton of new fans.

I'm sure its definitely worth it for them to make it out, but I could just see them playing a few more dates while over here.

Then again, maybe Lolla would want to advertise it as "Muse's only US date of 2011" or something and would bind them by contract or something.

Yeah that would definitely be a pretty huge draw for Lolla if they could announce it that way. I wish they would at the very least make it up to fans in Missouri. But something tells me St. Louis might even be blocked out for bands playing Lolla - it's only 5 hours from Chicago.

As for Florida, maybe Muse could hit up Miami's Ultra Music Festival in late March before starting the South American U2 tour. It's primarily an electronic music outing, but bands like The Cure and The Killers have headlined before.

And now Chilepalooza's site changed the picture of the Cure to one of Snoop Dogg. I have no idea what's going on with that, and I'm inclined to think the pics are completely meaningless at this point.

Yeah, good point. You never really know with them. We can predict all we want and we'll probably all end up wrong :LOL:

And also, in regards to the playing full album thing, I still think they should do an OOS 10th anniversary show next year. Maybe release it on dvd or something.

Play a set of like hits, maybe throw in Dead Star and maybe a few Showbiz songs or something, and then play OOS in full.

I don't expect a tour, or even a mini-tour (though that would be incredibly awesome), but if we at least got it on DVD it'd be cool.

Maybe even do it at Royal Albert Hall?

If they ever decided to play a show where they do OOS in full I would pay anything to go to it and do anything to get there.

/end dream.

It's :awesome: that they got to go to one of the Memories shows.Were you there, too, or did you see it online? I want to go so bad, but of course they'll be nowhere near me. <3 Weezer!

I would do anything to see a Muse gig like that. Any album in full would be fine for me, but OoS would be my first choice. It'll never happen, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out how I would come up with the money. :p (Why does being a Muse fan make me feel like I should get a passport?)

Archived