Songs to Get Someone Into Muse?

Burning_October

I know someone who im trying to get into Muse, and I need some help deciding on 2 or 3 songs to play them.

This person likes mainstream bands, mainly. Stuff like The Fray, Mcr, RHCP. So, I dont think im going to play them anything from OoS. Right now im thinking maybe Stockholme Syndrome, Starlight, and Hysteria.

I havent heard all of Muse's songs, though, so i'd like to hear from you guys.

Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria are definitely the way to go. No to Starlight though, it just doesnt cut it.

I'd say one OoS song would be sufficient. If you're feeling a bit ambitious, try New Born. Its a long song, and a unique one at that, so its not for mainstream people at first hear. However, it is Muse's masterpiece and I have full confidence that the song would grow on the person.

If you think that New Born may be a bit to weird, try good ole Plug in Baby, for the win. It got like half of this board into Muse and for good reason. That ace riff and catchy chorus will get you anytime.

If there is space for a fourth song, throw in Bliss. The synth is more than enough to drool over, what more the intro riff. The lyrics are by far, one of the best ever by Muse. If there is one song that accurately displays everything about Muse that is loveable, its Bliss. On a side note, it's my fav song too.:)

Good luck!;)

Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria are definitely the way to go. No to Starlight though, it just doesnt cut it.

I'd say one OoS song would be sufficient. If you're feeling a bit ambitious, try New Born. Its a long song, and a unique one at that, so its not for mainstream people at first hear. However, it is Muse's masterpiece and I have full confidence that the song would grow on the person.

If you think that New Born may be a bit to weird, try good ole Plug in Baby, for the win. It got like half of this board into Muse and for good reason. That ace riff and catchy chorus will get you anytime.

If there is space for a fourth song, throw in Bliss. The synth is more than enough to drool over, what more the intro riff. The lyrics are by far, one of the best ever by Muse. If there is one song that accurately displays everything about Muse that is loveable, its Bliss. On a side note, it's my fav song too.:)

Good luck!;)

it depends what they are listening to already.

SS n Hysteria are very rock ch00ns. if they are already into rock music then fine, but ya kno if there more into there pop music, get them in with starlight, time is running out, supermassive blackhole.

and if they like them move onto some heavier ch00ns.

it depends what they are listening to already.

SS n Hysteria are very rock ch00ns. if they are already into rock music then fine, but ya kno if there more into there pop music, get them in with starlight, time is running out, supermassive blackhole.

and if they like them move onto some heavier ch00ns.

Good point. SMBH would be an apt choice. TiRo too.

As stated, Starlight still doesnt cut it. Because no other Muse song sounds as poppy and catchy as Starlight, the person would be in love with only one song. Since Starlight is such an easy song to get bored of, the person may just forget Muse altogether.

a friend decided that I needed to be educated musically and got my OoS for my birthday.. It was...like nothing i'd ever heard before nd I really didn't like it (a bit heavy for me at the time)

I liked Feeling Good, then Micro Cuts and so in playing that I grew to LOVE all the songs!!

sooo.. I recommend Muse's take on Feeling Good as an OoS cherry popper!

TIRO, Stockholm Syndrome, Feeling Good, New Born, Plug In Baby

Starlight would also work, but careful on using that one. So far it's the easiest song to attract people, but it's been attracting quite a few who'll end up being disappointed (and really, this song isn't one of Muse's best).

Or use Starlight and TIRO first, and once they're hooked reel them in with the others mentioned. =P

i think that plug in baby, butterflies & hurricanes and stockholm syndrome. i think theyre the best crowd pleasers, while still being great example of muse songs and showing all the different aspects of muse.

i don't think starlight or SMBH are good ideas, because they can be misleading if you're not already a fan. thats just my thoughts tho, but ive gotten 4 people into them this way haha

HAHAHA, this person sounds like a lost hope...

somebody i know saw muse live with mcr, and thought that muse didn't do "that great"

so i took a power drill and dug a nice erogation hole from his brain to his ears.

Hey, MCR is great.

Anyway, it seems that the top songs are TiRO, Hysteria, and Plug In Baby. So, im gonna use those songs. Thanks for the advice! If anyone has any opinions they'd like to share, feel free to keep posting. I'll still be watching this thread.

Good luck!;)

Couldn't agree more. The Holy Trinity of OoS should do the job. I know it did it for me. Anyway, try with Plug In Baby first.

Archived