Songs to Get Someone Into Muse?

Burning_October

Definitely not Micro Cuts. Played that to a friend for a laugh, she actually said Matt's voice scared her. :facepalm:

agreed.

there I say, even if I agree that everything depends on the type of the person, OoS is a bad choice in general. yes I know, different people, different tastes, but most people are...you know, the "Starlight-kind". what I came across recently is that people new to Muse tend to love the resistance (the song). everyone I showed it to loved it, so I guess that might be a good choice besides the usual ones like SMBH, TIRO, Uprising, Hysteria.

the first song I've heard was Uprising, then Micro Cuts, these were the first two. I fell in love with Micro Cuts the moment I've heard it, but perhaps that's just me :)

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely not Micro Cuts. Played that to a friend for a laugh, she actually said Matt's voice scared her. :facepalm:

Sounds like the time someone told me to check out Slipknot and said to start with Disasterpiece... won't deny it's a powerful song but not a suitable introduction.

That said, I got into Deftones after hearing "Rocket Skates", which is the heaviest song on Diamond Eyes, and Dillinger Escape Plan through "Farewell Mona Lisa" (rather than the usual Milk Lizard route).

• 1 month later...

The first song I heard was Uprising and then I saw USOE on tv and I was like hey what a strange funny looking little man, but he has some awesome piano skills, little did I know what my feelings would evolve into :$ but yeh then I got the other albums eventually and realised they were even better, so in other words absolutely any song :') depends on the person!

MotP period. thats my first song... though i don't think i wouldve listen to it if it wasn't for the doctorwho video it was in... wait what am i saying?! i love MotP!!! anywho that or an earlier song... i just like how matt sounded when he was younger... idk.

Archived