Songs to Get Someone Into Muse?

Burning_October

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've converted 4 friends to Muse :

One with Sunburn (just the same as it did to me!)

2 with the Hullabaloo DVD (they were hooked on after the first 2 songs : Dead Star and Microcuts)

One with TIRO (?! I was quite surprised)

And I know 2 others that got into Muse with Hysteria. And of course I know many people who got interrested in Muse because of SMBH....:rolleyes: I also know many people that don't want to hear more Muse if you make them listen to Starlight first...

I've converted 4 friends to Muse :

One with Sunburn (just the same as it did to me!)

2 with the Hullabaloo DVD (they were hooked on after the first 2 songs : Dead Star and Microcuts)

One with TIRO (?! I was quite surprised)

And I know 2 others that got into Muse with Hysteria. And of course I know many people who got interrested in Muse because of SMBH....:rolleyes: I also know many people that don't want to hear more Muse if you make them listen to Starlight first...

I was converted with TiRO. Many were along with me.

From my experience, my friends who've listened to some of my Muse stuff who like Starlight, hate pretty much everything else...except for maybe Invincible & SMBH. But then there are the friends who can at least say they appreciate most of Muse's work, minus Starlight, Invincible, and SMBH.

But I think overall the best way to get someone into Muse is to show them live performances before anything else. Because even if they hate the song, they can't deny that Muse puts on one hell of a show.

From my experience, my friends who've listened to some of my Muse stuff who like Starlight, hate pretty much everything else...except for maybe Invincible & SMBH. But then there are the friends who can at least say they appreciate most of Muse's work, minus Starlight, Invincible, and SMBH.

But I think overall the best way to get someone into Muse is to show them live performances before anything else. Because even if they hate the song, they can't deny that Muse puts on one hell of a show.

RIGHT ! Nobody can resist to a Muse live performance !!! This is their best weapon to conquer the world:D

I'm planning on putting a link to the Stockholm Syndrome Glasto 2004 vid as my AIM custom status message for my friends to see saying "Not Here". Maybe they'll notice and say something to me about them. Good idea or no? If they don't think it's awesome, then all else fails.

I think it was TiRO that got me really addicted. I listened to it on repeat whilst painting my study - it seemed to make me work harder - and since then it's been a downhill slide into addiction. People usually start singing to Hysteria when I play it in my car. I'd go with them and Plug In Baby - all the kids at school love that the most.

RIGHT ! Nobody can resist to a Muse live performance !!! This is their best weapon to conquer the world:D

This is also true. I liked them in a completely healthy way before I saw them live. It does something to you. Drugs.

This is also true. I liked them in a completely healthy way before I saw them live. It does something to you. Drugs.

yes, I can't take my eyes (nor my ears) out of them;) Just imagine : I only saw them on DVD and I'm waiting for my first Muse gig... I think that this autumn, I get my overdose and I'll go mental then !!!!:LOL::LOL:

yes' date=' I can't take my eyes (nor my ears) out of them;) Just imagine : I only saw them on DVD and I'm waiting for my first Muse gig... I think that this autumn, I get my overdose and I'll go mental then !!!!:LOL::LOL:[/quote']

Oh dear. I fear you may spontaneously combust! :LOL:

Listen to Steph's advice peeps... she's teh awesomes Muse converter... turning non-fanz into Muselimz by teh hour! :awesome:

lolsoz I still have to big you up on your brill converting skillz! :D <3

I'm planning on putting a link to the Stockholm Syndrome Glasto 2004 vid as my AIM custom status message for my friends to see saying "Not Here". Maybe they'll notice and say something to me about them. Good idea or no? If they don't think it's awesome, then all else fails.

SS @ Glasto '04 is one of their best performances of ANY song EVER so I say go for iiiiiiiit.

Listen to Steph's advice peeps... she's teh awesomes Muse converter... turning non-fanz into Muselimz by teh hour! :awesome:

lolsoz I still have to big you up on your brill converting skillz! :D <3

:D

Tx dear! lol but you really are talking me up quite a bit for only converting one person to Muselim:p BUT! I guess one is more than none sooooo :awesome: Muse Management HERE I COME!

SS @ Glasto '04 is one of their best performances of ANY song EVER so I say go for iiiiiiiit.

Tx dear! lol but you really are talking me up quite a bit for only converting one person to Muselim:p BUT! I guess one is more than none sooooo :awesome: Muse Management HERE I COME!

Should really figure out a way to get ALL my friends to see that.

:awesome::LOL:

I've tried converting all of my friends (one gets insulted when someone doesn't like them, but doesn't know all their songs; another only has OoS, but I gave her some sheet music for Abso; one knows practically everything from me overplaying it, but doesn't really obsess over them; another liked KoC, but she hates it now since she overplayed it; a kid I was babysitting stole my iPod and listened to them), but as you can see, they were all pretty much failed attempts. I will always be the obsessed my00zer of my school. :LOL:

Oh hell yarr! You'll be giving Kirkeh a run for his monies! :D

And plus fucking ONE!!!11 SS Glasto is the bestest performance in the history of live stuffs EVARRR!!!! :awesome: Anyone who disagrees should GTFO, srsly! And I think I've said that at least 742 times in my Muselim life lolz

I've attempted to convert a few :p Its kinda sucks being a lone Muse fan in a group of friends

Ive had luck with Absolution (I usually suggest the album first)... One friend said 'I heard that TiRO, it was kinda cool':eek: I needed no encouragement! Brought him absolution and urged him to listen! That was one down.:happy:

I also got one who had just heard SMBH by suggesting TiRO, Hysteria and New born... She loved them and the next time I talked to she had bought ALL the albums:D

(moral of the story? Perserver with the SMBH-only fans)

Haha does anyone try and be really calculating in their suggestions? Like suggesting heavy stuff if you know thats what their into or skipping some proggy OoS stuff saying 'we'll come back to this later... trust me you'll learn to love it!'

Although OoS is my favourite (atm) I usually dont use it to introduce people to Muse... I'm worried they'll get scared off!:LOL:

You know what? Especially for friends who are into more mainstream stuff... it probably wouldn't hurt to introduce them to the albums in backwards order...

I've attempted to convert a few :p Its kinda sucks being a lone Muse fan in a group of friends

Ive had luck with Absolution (I usually suggest the album first)... One friend said 'I heard that TiRO, it was kinda cool':eek: I needed no encouragement! Brought him absolution and urged him to listen! That was one down.:happy:

I also got one who had just heard SMBH by suggesting TiRO, Hysteria and New born... She loved them and the next time I talked to she had bought ALL the albums:D

(moral of the story? Perserver with the SMBH-only fans)

Haha does anyone try and be really calculating in their suggestions? Like suggesting heavy stuff if you know thats what their into or skipping some proggy OoS stuff saying 'we'll come back to this later... trust me you'll learn to love it!'

Although OoS is my favourite (atm) I usually dont use it to introduce people to Muse... I'm worried they'll get scared off!:LOL:

You know what? Especially for friends who are into more mainstream stuff... it probably wouldn't hurt to introduce them to the albums in backwards order...

I actually lent OoS to one of my friends, and she adores it. Mainly because she's not into most of the mainstream stuff and I've played her some of it before. I'm giving her Absolution second, because I think it'll be her favorite album. But I bought Absolution first, then OoS, then Showbiz, and then borrowed BH&R. It was lucky I bought Showbiz first (I was actually scared about BH&R from all the negative comments on iTunes).

Absolution probably is the best introductory album, but I have a friend who only has H.A.A.R.P. (but it was for school, sounds weird, doesn't it? Neat project though) and the one I mentioned that only has OoS.

Or you could always do what Stephanie mentioned and play them SS at Glasto. You can't deny that's an epic performance. :yesey:

I actually lent OoS to one of my friends, and she adores it. Mainly because she's not into most of the mainstream stuff and I've played her some of it before. I'm giving her Absolution second, because I think it'll be her favorite album. But I bought Absolution first, then OoS, then Showbiz, and then borrowed BH&R. It was lucky I bought Showbiz first (I was actually scared about BH&R from all the negative comments on iTunes).

Absolution probably is the best introductory album, but I have a friend who only has H.A.A.R.P. (but it was for school, sounds weird, doesn't it? Neat project though) and the one I mentioned that only has OoS.

Or you could always do what Stephanie mentioned and play them SS at Glasto. You can't deny that's an epic performance. :yesey:

:stunned: I have much to learn! :LOL:

I went in that order too! I heard and downloaded Knight of Cydonia, TiRo and Hysteria seperatly... decided I loved them and brough Absolution-OoS-Showbiz &H.A.A.R.P .... im ashamed to say since i had haarp (and had downloaded most of BHaR before realized that this was the kind of band i wanted on cd) that I didnt actually have a copy of BHaR cd until last week:eek:

haha , glad to hear you introduced someone on OoS!

:stunned: I have much to learn! :LOL:

I went in that order too! I heard and downloaded Knight of Cydonia, TiRo and Hysteria seperatly... decided I loved them and brough Absolution-OoS-Showbiz &H.A.A.R.P .... im ashamed to say since i had haarp (and had downloaded most of BHaR before realized that this was the kind of band i wanted on cd) that I didnt actually have a copy of BHaR cd until last week:eek:

haha , glad to hear you introduced someone on OoS!

What do you have to learn? :LOL:

I downloaded TiRO, Hyper Music, Apocalypse Please, New Born...so on and so forth on the first day I heard them (mainly because I was looking them up on iTunes. :LOL:).

I actually got H.A.A.R.P. last (an actual CD/DVD combo, unlike Hullabaloo which I WANT.) and I watched it the day I got it. With my friend. We made fun of Matt's random stuff. :LOL: And pretty much any random stuff.

That's understandable. If I had gotten H.A.A.R.P. first, I wouldn't have gotten BH&R. The only actual copies of Muse stuff I have on CDs (like something you'd buy in a store) are H.A.A.R.P. and OoS. I've now bought OoS twice. :awesome: And I have like 5 copies of every song on it on my iTunes anyways (so...many...versions...).

Yeah, it was really interesting. I didn't think about it, but I'm almost sure she'll like Absolution more. Even though I don't.

What do you have to learn? :LOL:

I downloaded TiRO, Hyper Music, Apocalypse Please, New Born...so on and so forth on the first day I heard them (mainly because I was looking them up on iTunes. :LOL:).

I actually got H.A.A.R.P. last (an actual CD/DVD combo, unlike Hullabaloo which I WANT.) and I watched it the day I got it. With my friend. We made fun of Matt's random stuff. :LOL: And pretty much any random stuff.

That's understandable. If I had gotten H.A.A.R.P. first, I wouldn't have gotten BH&R. The only actual copies of Muse stuff I have on CDs (like something you'd buy in a store) are H.A.A.R.P. and OoS. I've now bought OoS twice. :awesome: And I have like 5 copies of every song on it on my iTunes anyways (so...many...versions...).

Yeah, it was really interesting. I didn't think about it, but I'm almost sure she'll like Absolution more. Even though I don't.

I have to learn sneaky skill such as showing them awesome live performances;)

ooohhh Hullabaloo! I have that one to! In my opinion the live cd isnt nearly as good as Haarp (how good was haarp?!)- they've definatly improved, but i love the b-sides! After listening to them in my car for the last 2 weeks its like Ive gained a whole new muse album!

Shine is my fav... as you can probably tell from my sig :p

I have to learn sneaky skill such as showing them awesome live performances;)

ooohhh Hullabaloo! I have that one to! In my opinion the live cd isnt nearly as good as Haarp (how good was haarp?!)- they've definatly improved, but i love the b-sides! After listening to them in my car for the last 2 weeks its like Ive gained a whole new muse album!

Shine is my fav... as you can probably tell from my sig :p

Shine has very good lyrics from what I've seen quoted. I'll see how hard it is and see if I can play it.

I loved every track on Hullabaloo ('cept Ashamed, which I don't really care for). It'd be a nice way to introduce fans to them, with the live portion and all, but it's all b-sides, and you've got the Gallery and Forced In, which are a little weird for brand new my00zers.

[/attempttogetbackontopic]

I've tried so many times to slowly turn my friends on to Muse. No luck. :(

I even made my friend this really nice burned CD starting with stuff like Starlight and Invincible, slowly moving to Shine, Unintended, and Sunburn getting into my favorites like Plug in Baby, TIRO and SS and ending with Knights of Cydonia since I thought she wouldn't really get that one until listening to all their other stuff. I thought that if I slowly progressed from more mainstream to their best she might get it. She listened to it maybe once to make me happy and that's it. All that work for nothing.

Archived