Songs to Get Someone Into Muse?

Burning_October

if you try new born use the radio edit.

it took so long for to build up about 3 people hated the song afterwards

try CE or KOC or TIRO maybe

or assasin

I wouldn't want to mingle with people who don't have an attention span to take a 5min song.

At a message I used to belong, I got a handful of American's lovin' Endlessly and Sing For Absolution. So, them, really. Although, Plug In Baby got my brother hooked, and my mother, a Daniel O'Donnell fan, liked Knights of Cydonia. Does anyone see the link?

Honestly, it'd depend on the listener's style of music...

I tried to get my friend into Muse not too long ago...

I sent her,

Hysteria,

Starlight and

Escape - This probably wasn't the best one considering she didn't like it much :(

But she loved Starlight, Hysteria and SuperMassive Black Hole... :)

Good luck!

I think Starlight, City of Delusion and possibly Knights of Cydonia. They are probably the most commercial of all their songs, and the latest, but they are probably also the best produced for virgin Muse listeners. You can introduce them to their earlier stuff once they are hooked! mwahahahaha!;)

was sat in a science lesson and had my cd player with me. lad i sat next to loved dance music. I had OOS on and new born blaring out, and he could hear it over his music. he took my headphone and sat through the whole album with me, he's never looked back since.

to make someone mused id say

Hysteria, KOC and Plug in Baby.

my friend is into MCR and MSI etc... :S

yeah i was trying to get her into muse and the only song she liked was plug in baby and starlight.

if its more light songs, i would show New Born and Falling Away With You (my favorite)

its hard convincing some people :p

'HAHAHA, this person sounds like a lost hope...

somebody i know saw muse live with mcr, and thought that muse didn't do "that great"'

yeah my friend said that MCR wer like best friends with muse, i really didnt wanna believe her :S

Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria are definitely the way to go. No to Starlight though, it just doesnt cut it.

I'd say one OoS song would be sufficient. If you're feeling a bit ambitious, try New Born. Its a long song, and a unique one at that, so its not for mainstream people at first hear. However, it is Muse's masterpiece and I have full confidence that the song would grow on the person.

If you think that New Born may be a bit to weird, try good ole Plug in Baby, for the win. It got like half of this board into Muse and for good reason. That ace riff and catchy chorus will get you anytime.

If there is space for a fourth song, throw in Bliss. The synth is more than enough to drool over, what more the intro riff. The lyrics are by far, one of the best ever by Muse. If there is one song that accurately displays everything about Muse that is loveable, its Bliss. On a side note, it's my fav song too.:)

Good luck!;)

no way man. i've converted a few of my friends to muse fanatics and living in america i know how hard it is to do that considering anyone and everyone listens to mainstream talentless generic rock songs from like MCR. you have to find muse's most generic songs and absolution is the best choice for an album. id go with SS, TSP and Hysteria, TIRO as well. but things like new born will never cut it with its minute long piano intro. CE might be the only OoS song to do it.

if they like those songs then let them hear all of Absolution and then jump back to Origin of Symmetry. although it will take them a while to start to like them. Muse is a completely aquired taste, the very first muse song i heard i didnt like and after hearing it about 5 times it hit me.

no way man. i've converted a few of my friends to muse fanatics and living in america i know how hard it is to do that considering anyone and everyone listens to mainstream talentless generic rock songs from like MCR. you have to find muse's most generic songs and absolution is the best choice for an album. id go with SS, TSP and Hysteria, TIRO as well. but things like new born will never cut it with its minute long piano intro. CE might be the only OoS song to do it.

Wrong!

New Born is one of the ultimate Muse songs. It has everything - piano, great riffing, an ace solo, amazing bass, amazing rhythm, lyrics that are actually semi-decent etc.

Wrong!

New Born is one of the ultimate Muse songs. It has everything - piano, great riffing, an ace solo, amazing bass, amazing rhythm, lyrics that are actually semi-decent etc.

i know the song is flat out fucking awesome. i wasnt saying any of those songs are bad i love every single muse song but newborn is not going to convert someone who likes mcr and mainstream rock. every friend i show newborn think its weird.

Hmmm....

Plug In Baby

New Born (the first song I've heard from Muse and I loved it!)

Stockholm Syndrome

Bliss

Hysteria

and NOT Starlight...My friend is a big MCR fan and she only liked Muse because of Starlight but I made her listen to the songs (listed above) and she really loved Hysteria on the first listen.

• 10 months later...

Citizen Erased might actually be a good song, since it's got an interesting hook in the beginning.

And barring that; Hysteria, Bliss, Time is Running Out, Supermassive Black Hole or Sunburn.

FYI: Time is Running out got me interested in them, but as soon as I heard Bliss, I was hooked.

See, the thing about Starlight is is that it seems to attract a strange breed of Muse fans. Mostly girls who wear those tight white pants and are blonde. They think the synth is catchy and shit, and they dance and stuff. They think that 90% of Muse's other stuff is terrible. Ask them have them ever heard of Muscle Museum, or Space Dementia, and you will get a blank stare.

I agree 100%.

Most of the people like just Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole and Time is Running Out. Quite a few noobs will inevitably think that Muse are like that thoroughout.

You could try and hook someone into Muse with the whole of Black Holes and Revelations and most of Absolution as they're seen as the mainstreamers.

Archived