Simulation Theory Tour CD/DVD

lewislimes

I just hope that there's some room in this for a few straightforward performances of songs.  I mean, I watch a concert film because I want to see the songs performed like at a gig.  This is obviously not that but the trailer makes me think it's the total opposite, more of a movie with just pieces of performances spliced in.  I guess we'll find out soon...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hyena17 said:

I just hope that there's some room in this for a few straightforward performances of songs.  I mean, I watch a concert film because I want to see the songs performed like at a gig.  This is obviously not that but the trailer makes me think it's the total opposite, more of a movie with just pieces of performances spliced in.  I guess we'll find out soon...

I agree. I hope if it's just more of an expansion of some of the intermission/in between moments of the live songs with a bit of film... if that makes sense. 

So, anyone else experience the entire film slightly slow and down a semitone?! Honestly it ruined my night after travelling 2hrs to get there. From the first note, everything just sounded off. Online clips were not pitched down. I think there was a playback issue at more than one cinema by the sounds of it.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:44 AM, Silentgod86 said:

Oh joy more content trapped behind a purposefully limited release £100+ package. The marketing at WB really love artificial scarcity these days. Sigh...

I agree ... cannot wait to see the movie itself but I was not in the least tempted by the OTT, dare I say, gimicky special editions and so won’t be paying (a lot) for either box set... a deluxe blu ray would suffice. 

Edited by Habanero
to edit

10 hours ago, lew99 said:

Anyone know how much the digital version is? Also what platform is best to get it from?

It was $15.99 to purchase on Amazon. I think it was $5.99 to rent? Not sure about other services.

———

I thought it was great! Loved the visuals and the storyline. It made the whole live experience feel cohesive. 

I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve been to a show. This was a really nice mental getaway, especially with dealing with social distancing, the fires here in Napa, etc. Looking forward to watching this again. 🥳

On 8/18/2020 at 8:43 AM, weezul said:

So, anyone else experience the entire film slightly slow and down a semitone?! Honestly it ruined my night after travelling 2hrs to get there. From the first note, everything just sounded off. Online clips were not pitched down. I think there was a playback issue at more than one cinema by the sounds of it.

Couldn't get to a screening, so this is educated guesswork, but there's an obvious explanation for that: The film has been shot at 25 frames per second, and has (deliberately or accidentally) been run at standard 24fps film frame rate. The same issue works the other way round when films are speeded up from 24 to 25fps when shown on British broadcast TV - the pitch is raised a semitone unless it's corrected digitally.

Modern cinemas tend not to have experienced projection staff the way they did back in the days of celluloid, and it could also be that some projectors simply aren't capable of showing 25fps material. The screening of the T2L Rome gig we went to had to be restarted after the first five or six minutes had the wrong aspect ratio and masking settings, so nothing would surprise me nowadays.

Nice to hear a positive review, looking forward to watching it.

Oh edited to add - those of you who've seen it, is The Void in it? Feel free to reply with spoiler tags if you feel the need! :)

Edited by Citizen Crazed
  • Like 1

Algorithm (alternative) 

Pressure

Pyscho

Break it to me 

Pray 

The dark side 

Smbh

Thought contagion 

Uprising 

Propaganda 

Madness

The void 

Dig down (gospal) 

Mercy 

Tab

Prelude 

Starlight 

Algorithm 

Metal Medley edited - stockholm/handler/assassin/newborn (no piano) 

End