OscarC

This song is the best. Ever.

It is a work of genius.

It is up there with the gods of rock.

The dynamics, and intervals in it are perfect.

It is. The best.

Thank you Muse.

Also i would like to say that i watched a video of them playing it at reading (redding?) and the crowd didn't look interested at all..

Well it's not really a song you can mosh too, and I sometimes feel that the vocals are a little weaker live... but i've never seen it live so it might be just the quality of the videos i've seen...

It definitely is a great song though, it was one of my favorites instantly when Absolution came out. The "throuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhhh" part is just perfection :)

Well it's not really a song you can mosh too, and I sometimes feel that the vocals are a little weaker live... but i've never seen it live so it might be just the quality of the videos i've seen...

It definitely is a great song though, it was one of my favorites instantly when Absolution came out. The "throuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhhh" part is just perfection :)

Yes! That part is amazing.

Yes! That part is amazing.

the synth part in the middle of it... sounds like the reverse of the synth part in Endlessly... it's only a quick comparison i made i haven't been bothered to listen closely enough to see if i'm even remotely right... :(

EDIT: k i just did... and endlessly changes chords where it doesn't in AP... so there you go... lol... but they're still similar.

This song is the best. Ever.

It is a work of genius.

It is up there with the gods of rock.

The dynamics, and intervals in it are perfect.

It is. The best.

Thank you Muse.

Also i would like to say that i watched a video of them playing it at reading (redding?) and the crowd didn't look interested at all..

You are absolutely right.

Actually along with Invincible, Uno and Balloonatic its one of the very few muse songs i don't like. It's just a bit dull. 'Dum dum, Dum dum, Dum dum, Dum dum Dum dum' :sleepy: The synth part with the random wailing is pretty good none the less tho.

Alright as an intro, but a below average song.

• 2 months later...

Just because you don't think it's so good, doesn't mean we agree.

AP is my second favourite Muse song, it just sums up perfectly why I love Muse's piano based music, along with Hoodoo, Ruled By Secrecy, Megalomania, etc. It's just epic and crashy and awesome.

+ The lyrics aren't half bad for once. The bridge bits are seriously orgasmic too, particularly with the new drumbeat Dom does live.

Its a good song, but its not one of their best, its not even in the top 10. So why does everyone rave over it? Its just a simple piano riff and a few electronic sounds.

Cause people have different tastes. The bolded bit, nearly every Muse song on piano is simple and pretty much all their electronic effects are quite simplistic as well.

Why I enjoy the song: It's simple, yet original. Everything about the song is strong. Strong theme, massive drums, massive piano, massive wailing. It has power. It's just a grand way to start the album.

I was always under the impression we were allowed to choose which songs we like and which we don't - I'm not a sheep, I'd like AP even if every single member of this forum hated it. As people have said, we like different sounds. I personally dislike Citizen (great song, don't get me wrong, just heard it too many times to appreciate it as much as I should now) whilst a lot of Musers may love it. Likewise, I love The Gallery whilst a lot of Musers may dislike it. :p

I was always under the impression we were allowed to choose which songs we like and which we don't - I'm not a sheep, I'd like AP even if every single member of this forum hated it. As people have said, we like different sounds. I personally dislike Citizen (great song, don't get me wrong, just heard it too many times to appreciate it as much as I should now) whilst a lot of Musers may love it. Likewise, I love The Gallery whilst a lot of Musers may dislike it. :p

I never said you weren't.

Listening to it right now. I've realised how much I underestimate it. I never slated it, but I never listened to it either. I really must stick it on my regular playlist.

Thiiiiss iiiiisss the ennnd!!!! :happy:

It also tends to make TIRO sound better afterwards. :)

Edit: Or maybe that's just from lack of listening to TIRO...damn, I've been hooked on B-sides!

Archived