OscarC

Listening to it right now. I've realised how much I underestimate it. I never slated it, but I never listened to it either. I really must stick it on my regular playlist.

Thiiiiss iiiiisss the ennnd!!!! :happy:

It also tends to make TIRO sound better afterwards. :)

Edit: Or maybe that's just from lack of listening to TIRO...damn, I've been hooked on B-sides!

Me too lol ive got 27 now just downloaded the Assasin remix.

Cause people have different tastes. The bolded bit, nearly every Muse song on piano is simple and pretty much all their electronic effects are quite simplistic as well.

Why I enjoy the song: It's simple, yet original. Everything about the song is strong. Strong theme, massive drums, massive piano, massive wailing. It has power. It's just a grand way to start the album.

Couldn't have said it better, won't try. Seconded.

I absolutely adore AP. It's one of my favourite Muse songs. Hearing it live just sends me into orbit, especially now with the slight changes. :happy:

Even though we all love Muse, all these 'what do you think of.....' threads shows that we all love the music for totally different reasons. And we're not going to agree with each other.

We should all just agree to disagree I reckon. :D

I'm just happy to be amongst people who have the same passionate love for Muse as I do. :)

Just because you don't think it's so good, doesn't mean we agree.

AP is my second favourite Muse song, it just sums up perfectly why I love Muse's piano based music, along with Hoodoo, Ruled By Secrecy, Megalomania, etc. It's just epic and crashy and awesome.

+ The lyrics aren't half bad for once. The bridge bits are seriously orgasmic too, particularly with the new drumbeat Dom does live.

+1

Nah, Sunburn is a good piano song but Apoc. Please owns it senseless.

AP's lyrics are probably the best from any Muse song, bar RbS and Hoodoo which are both also fantastic piano songs. Sunburn is up there too, but it can never beat the above piano songs.

Now, LIVE, Sunburn is better than many other songs. I'd even say that it is comparable to AP. Sad to say this but AP's piano chords sound a bit weak live. However, Dom's new drumbeat during the synth bit and Chris' distorted bassline make up for that. Matt's vocals are by far the most impressive in AP (or Micro Cuts) live.

Live Intro also adds to the countless reasons why AP is sooo good. When Dom gets the whole stadium to clap together in unison, the people in the immediate surrounding around the stadium would flee for fear of an earthquake. Its one of those pleasures in life.:happy:

love the song - especially with the "disco" bridges that dom does now

awesome live too - especially the long intro

first muse song I saw live....

musical sex. :yesey:

+1,800,800,800,009.1

I LOVE this song live.. its different... bouncy...and powerful!

Cause people have different tastes. The bolded bit, nearly every Muse song on piano is simple and pretty much all their electronic effects are quite simplistic as well.

Why I enjoy the song: It's simple, yet original. Everything about the song is strong. Strong theme, massive drums, massive piano, massive wailing. It has power. It's just a grand way to start the album.

word.

The chords in the opening of this song are immense! This song kicks arse but those chords in particular are *drools*

The lyrics, the bassline, the beat, the piano interludes and piano outro and everything else about this song is incredible. It says a lot about Muse that I love this song so much and yet it isn't even in my top ten (11th) although five of my top ten are from OOS so that's understandable right?:p:D

Archived