this isn't really misheard right but i'll say it.

when matt says:

and you wanted more than i was worth

obviously he is singing to a girl he is no longer in love with and i think he says

and you wanted more-aaa-whore than i was worth.

WTF, it isn't? :eek:

Apparently not, I still hear it my way though. :erm:

In TaB I still struggle to hear 'contrary to what we want', it sounds like some mush involving the words 'country' and 'do what we want'. I know he's saying three syllables but it sounds more like 'count-rr-ry' than 'contrary', know what I mean?

Apparently not, I still hear it my way though. :erm:

In TaB I still struggle to hear 'contrary to what we want', it sounds like some mush involving the words 'country' and 'do what we want'. I know he's saying three syllables but it sounds more like 'count-rr-ry' than 'contrary', know what I mean?

Some people were saying they heard "in this country we do what we want", I've only ever heard the right lyrics there though.

In Fury, I thought he said: And we'll pray that there's no God, to punish us and make us blush

I like the actual lyrics much better!

ETA: Found another, in Exo-Politics I thought the lyrics were "When the sutures fill the skies, will our leaders tell us why"

Sing For Absolution: "Our wounds are made of rancid pie" instead of "Our wrongs remain unrectified"

Hoodoo: "Can't obey, how come you can't obey" and/or "Come to bed, why don't you come to bed" instead of "Come to be, how did it come to be"

Hoodoo (again): "I will take the crow for you" instead of "I will take the blow for you"

The Groove: "To be the public phone" instead of "To win the public vote"

Sing For Absolution: "Our wounds are made of rancid pie" instead of "I won't remain unrectified"

Hoodoo: "Can't obey, how come you can't obey" and/or "Come to bed, why don't you come to bed" instead of "Come to be, how did it come to be"

Hoodoo (again): "I will take the crow for you" instead of "I will take the blow for you"

The Groove: "To be the public phone" instead of "To win the public vote"

:LOL: I always thought it was 'our woes remain unrecitified' :chuckle:

Archived