Weirdest reasons for not liking Muse..

Liron

"But...it's not country. If it's not country, I don't like it." --Multiple People (Got to Love the American Midwest)

"The lead singer sounds like someone keeps grabbing his crotch, over and over..." --My mother, who actually likes Muse.

My father has actually reached forward and turned the stereo off in my car. While I was driving. I thought that spoke louder than words could have, actually...:stunned:

I don't know if any of you have seen this, but I found a rather hilarious comment on YT that fitted perfectly into this thread...

"muse dont have talent, they have to put little crappy sound effects in their songs and nickelback have a better vocalist and better instrument players..."

:facepalm: Nickelback talent > Muse talent?

I don't know if any of you have seen this, but I found a rather hilarious comment on YT that fitted perfectly into this thread...

"muse dont have talent, they have to put little crappy sound effects in their songs and nickelback have a better vocalist and better instrument players..."

:LOL: oh lord

nickelback...for real?:stunned:

"But...it's not country. If it's not country, I don't like it." --Multiple People (Got to Love the American Midwest)

"The lead singer sounds like someone keeps grabbing his crotch, over and over..." --My mother, who actually likes Muse.

My father has actually reached forward and turned the stereo off in my car. While I was driving. I thought that spoke louder than words could have, actually...:stunned:

ugh! i know people that only listen to country. i want to introduce them to good music.

What is WITH people comparing them. I went out to lunch and they played "Lunch with Nickleback" I'm pretty sure lunch DOESNT GO FOR 3 HOURS! Luckily my iPod was there so I could retreat to sweet Muse

One of my friends actually listened (...well, not really) to muse because I like them so much. Then she told me she thought it was weird. I asked her what she listened to and she replied "the 30 second previews on itunes" :facepalm:

Then there's a friend of mine that USED to like muse...but now she hates them and she'll all but kill me everytime I say anything muse related. Also, she has a habit of controlling my ipod (and I'm too short to stop her), so I really only get to listen to muse when I'm out of her reach :mad::mad:

One friend said: "I don't think I'll listen to them." Me: "Why?! What did you listen to?" Friend: "Their Resistance album. They're kinda metal aren't they?" Me: :noey:

I got another friend of mine to watch the Bliss video, and she liked it, but she told me that she'd never listen to a band that "wails" in all their songs... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to get my friend Hollie into Muse by lending her Showbiz. She only listened to one song, Unintended. She thought that Matt was a woman. When I told her he was a man, she said that she was never gonna listen to them again because she thought matt had a girly voice.

Now she only likes them because they're in Twilight.

"It's like... emo. It's way too extreme with the guitars and stuff."

/QUOTE]

LOL. Yeah, they are pretty crazy with those guitars and stuff. Guitars and stuff are for wackos.:LOL:

I actually wouldn't argue against Muse being a little emo ... but that's one of the reasons I like them. I mean, emotion is kind of an elemental part of music to most intelligent people ... :$

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday on a chat room someone told me she didn't like Muse because "the singer's voice had on her the same effect as of a fork scraching a plate" :eek: How can it be possible?!!

Also, the other day someone told me they were "not heavy enough, too calm" :rolleyes: Surely the person didn't know them that much...

Yesterday on a chat room someone told me she didn't like Muse because "the singer's voice had on her the same effect as of a fork scraching a plate" :eek: How can it be possible?!!

Also, the other day someone told me they were "not heavy enough, too calm" :rolleyes: Surely the person didn't know them that much...

Micro cuts anyone? :awesome:

"They're emo" :facepalm:

But I kinda see why he said that, since he heard Space Dementia, and the lyrics in the second verse actually are kinda emoish...

"You make us wanna die

I cut your name in my heart

We'll destroy this world for you

I know you want me to

Feel your pain"

Though I don't agree on Muse being emo. Emo is more than just emotional lyrics, it's a style. The whole deal with black clothes and hair, spikes and cutting yourself might be a little bit exaggerated, but those *are* parts of the emo style (to me anyway...)

Archived