New Born is plagiarized by a MC?

vintagerock

I dont know what steps have been taken, or if you do not know about it. But the Spanish MC "Porta" has plagiarized New Born.

Listen to it, I think it sounds too much like

PORTA - IMAGINA (record "Trastorno Bipolar" 2009)

MUSE - NEW BORN (record "Origin of Symmetry" 2001)

PD: I'm new here, so i don't know if this was posted yet. If so, sorry

I dont know what steps have been taken, or if you do not know about it. But the Spanish MC "Porta" has plagiarized New Born.

Listen to it, I think it sounds too much like

PORTA - IMAGINA (record "Trastorno Bipolar" 2009)

MUSE - NEW BORN (record "Origin of Symmetry" 2001)

PD: I'm new here, so i don't know if this was posted yet. If so, sorry

Yeah, that's definitely a rip-off.

Haha, stealing rappers. The parts I tend to like best in those kind of songs are the samples, the rest is meh. Same here.

Is an instrumental version of this song available? Someone should rap New Born to it! :awesome:

I'm Matt Bellamy,

you're not a friend of me.

It sounds like a jewellery box melody, much like the New Born piano riff. I'm pretty sure there are other similar pieces that existed long before New Born.

I have to point the user on Youtube using the C-word though. What a loser.

If they didn't get permission from Muse to sample their music then it's illegal. Don't really know the rules with samples though. Does anyone else?

It's not a sample.

You do have to get permission from whoever has the copyright (Which isn't Muse themselves), but these days samplers are so sophisticated that people take tiny samples and them process them to death and don't bother with all that, so there is a possibility of the law being changed.

Anyway, same chords, it's such a basic chord sequence anyway and it's not like Muse haven't "stole" a chord sequence and there's no law preventing anyone from doing so... The song was shite though :LOL:

It's not a sample.

You do have to get permission from whoever has the copyright (Which isn't Muse themselves), but these days samplers are so sophisticated that people take tiny samples and them process them to death and don't bother with all that.

Anyway, same chords, it's such a basic chord sequence anyway and it's not like Muse haven't "stole" a chord sequence and there's no law preventing anyone from doing so... The song was shite though.

Ah I see. And agree, couldn't listen to it very long :s

EDIT: Actually, what is sampling then? Sorry to bring Madonna onto this board, but does this song

Have samples from this ABBA song?

Ah I see. And agree, couldn't listen to it very long :s

EDIT: Actually, what is sampling then? Sorry to bring Madonna onto this board, but does this song

Have samples from this ABBA song?

Yeah, Madonna is sampling Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

Sampling is technically digital recording basically, just there's issues when what you're sampling is copyrighted material as you need to get clearance from the copyright owner (Any recording you make, you own the copyright for immediately).

Albums like Since I Left You by The Avalanches and Endtroducing by DJ Shadow is mostly made up using samples and Muse used 3rd party samples for some of the strings on The Resistance.

The only annoying thing with sampling is the idiotic snobbery from people who know nothing about it and think it's just stealing by uncreative people. (Sometimes it is though!)

Yeah, Madonna is sampling Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

Sampling is technically digital recording basically, just there's issues when what you're sampling is copyrighted material as you need to get clearance from the copyright owner (Any recording you make, you own the copyright for immediately).

Albums like Since I Left You by The Avalanches and Endtroducing by DJ Shadow is mostly made up using samples.

The only annoying thing with sampling is the idiotic snobbery from people who know nothing about it and think it's just stealing by uncreative people. (Sometimes it is though!)

Pnau used samples in Sambanova, but it got recalled for uncleared samples :s We can assume that Madonna's people got hers cleared properly, but what about the guy in the first post? Do you reckon it sounds similar enough to New Born to be recalled if it was done illegally?

Pnau used samples in Sambanova, but it got recalled for uncleared samples :s We can assume that Madonna's people got hers cleared properly, but what about the guy in the first post? Do you reckon it sounds similar enough to New Born to be recalled if it was done illegally?

The song this thread is about is not a sample, just has similarities to New Born, but doesn't have the left hand part and has extra notes that aren't in New Born as well as being a different sound. (New Born uses a Wurlitzer and a grand piano)

There has been cases where people have gone to court over "uncleared" samples which weren't of copyrighted material. Such as EMI taking The Chemical Brothers to court for the similarity between Setting Sun and Tomorrow Never Knows by The Beatles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpSOIiSe00 - Setting Sun

- Tomorrow Never Knows

The song this thread is about is not a sample, just has similarities to New Born, but doesn't have the left hand part and has extra notes that aren't in New Born as well as being a different sound. (New Born uses a Wurlitzer and a grand piano)

There has been cases where people have gone to court over "uncleared" samples which weren't of copyrighted material. Such as EMI taking The Chemical Brothers to court for the similarity between Setting Sun and Tomorrow Never Knows by The Beatles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpSOIiSe00 - Setting Sun

- Tomorrow Never Knows

Ah okay, think we're on the same boat now

Muse hardly owns those chords. By the same reasoning, Moonlight Sonata was blatantly plagarized in Exo 3.

Also, check the intro of this: :)

Cr0pqtyM8m0

Except it only sounds similar. Hardly a rip off.

And the Offspring that is pretty different. Only shared a couple of chords, timing was different, and the chords were in a different order.

It's similar. Not a rip-off though.

That recurring doodle on the guitar and 1:43-1:50 sound a bit fishy to me. They're even both in G minor.

No, maybe not a 'rip off' but it definitely sounds more similar than new born does to that other dude.

Archived