New Born is plagiarized by a MC?

vintagerock

There's only so many notes and so many mathematical/musical equations before something gets repeated. Shit's gonna happen.

It's not like New Born is a new song, it's old now, so they've milked it for all the cash they can get from it.

If it was something from the new album they might have a problem with it but that's down to Warner. They're the ones that own everybloodything!

Maybe Muse should pay back Ibrahim Ferrer for ripping of this song for screenager:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X1QqIpMRyY

Note: they may or may not have stolen this. All I'm saying is, with a song of their own sounding so similar to someone else's, they're hardly in a position to acuse other people.

wow, it even has the transition between the verse and chorus! I think it's too much for a coincidence

i think its way to similar to be coincidence, same chords, arrpeggiated, missing the right hand, the left hand uses a different chord to the right hand in newborn, where the Em just has a flattened 3rd. whereas the right hand plays B major, in this rap song it follows the left hand's chords exactly, just a few random extra notes.

All that aside, maybe they did get permission. anyone know what the song title translates to?

i think its way to similar to be coincidence, same chords, arrpeggiated, missing the right hand, the left hand uses a different chord to the right hand in newborn, where the Em just has a flattened 3rd. whereas the right hand plays B major, in this rap song it follows the left hand's chords exactly, just a few random extra notes.

All that aside, maybe they did get permission. anyone know what the song title translates to?

New Born intro has been done bazillion times before muse, but it's muses best awng so it must be orijeenal1!!!

They don't need it. :facepalm:

Same thing? Not really, that song clearly has the rights to "steal".

Again, not a sample, no rights breached. :facepalm:

Copyright DOES NOT cover chord progressions, drum beats, riffs, melodies, as that would be ridiculous and you'd never hear any music ever. Copyright protects the recording and complete song & lyrics, sampling is using another recording, not doing your own thing with a similarity to something else.

A lot of artists these days will reverse engineer samples to create their own version of it to avoid having to get them cleared. The two songs in this thread seem to have gone down this route.

Again, not a sample, no rights breached. :facepalm:

Copyright DOES NOT cover chord progressions, drum beats, riffs, melodies, as that would be ridiculous and you'd never hear any music ever. Copyright protects the recording and complete song & lyrics, sampling is using another recording, not doing your own thing with a similarity to something else.

A lot of artists these days will reverse engineer samples to create their own version of it to avoid having to get them cleared. The two songs in this thread seem to have gone down this route.

Really? So When Love Takes Over doesn't need any permission or rights at all?

I'm asking this because I hear about these lawsuits all the time, what would be the point if it's so clear that it's almost impossible to win such a case?

:stunned: Like what? I thought they asked for permission.

Bliss, Space Dementia, Hoodoo, Hyper Music(not really plagiarizing, but very alike), Interlude, Plug In Baby I think, The whole Exogenesis is pretty unoriginal and takes lots of stuff from others, early Spiral Static, Uprising...

Oh, and SMBH.

Archived