That must be interesting for the Perth authorities - 2 concerts in 1 day in the city (how far apart is the Bassendean Oval from the stadium U2 have put their claw in).

Apparently my Dad said that a radio station here had an interview with a U2 roadie and said that them and Muse had their own game of cricket... he didn't say who won though.

Bassendean and Subiaco are on either side of Perth city so the only problem you'll have is if you catch a train to the city and then head out from the there.

I'll be driving straight to Bassendean so should be sweet. The Ashes is on as well so the city will have the crowd from that to contend with too.

That stage looks like the hexagon stage, right?

This is from Helsinki.

IMG_1879_570.jpg

I think the hexagons are used just for festival shows as they can't use their arena or stadium set ups. I've never heard of them being used for regular gigs but i may be wrong.

When i read that there was a big stage with a triangular top I started to think they might actually have brought the stadium set with them. Looks like its just the towers though, same set up as the mexico city gig.

I think the hexagons are used just for festival shows as they can't use their arena or stadium set ups. I've never heard of them being used for regular gigs but i may be wrong.

When i read that there was a big stage with a triangular top I started to think they might actually have brought the stadium set with them. Looks like its just the towers though, same set up as the mexico city gig.

They have used the hexagon stage for a few of their own gigs, in Finland and in Norway... But yeah it looks like it's the towers this time and it makes sense too :p

They have used the hexagon stage for a few of their own gigs, in Finland and in Norway... But yeah it looks like it's the towers this time and it makes sense too :p

I'm glad it will be the towers, saw them twice in England and it was probably my favorite stage set up I've ever seen live. The stadium stage is one hell of a show but I preferred the fact that they could actually play high above the crowd so that everyone could see.

The opening song using this stage is brilliant as well, really builds up the tension, just as long as they open with uprising and not overture.

Yeah apparently they were in that sound board tent thingo... Too bad I was in the seated area, or I would've been there in a flash! :LOL:

I'm disappointed they didn't join U2 onstage for a song too :(

Epic show though :D

Bono starting talking about cricket. 'We all have one thing in common, we want to stick it to the Brits!' I just imagined Matt somewhere going... we are not 'aMUSEd.' AHAHAH. Lame joke. Give me a break... I'm tired. :LOL:

Yeah apparently they were in that sound board tent thingo... Too bad I was in the seated area, or I would've been there in a flash! :LOL:

I'm disappointed they didn't join U2 onstage for a song too :(

Epic show though :D

Bono starting talking about cricket. 'We all have one thing in common, we want to stick it to the Brits!' I just imagined Matt somewhere going... we are not 'aMUSEd.' AHAHAH. Lame joke. Give me a break... I'm tired. :LOL:

I imagined Muse getting pissed off somewhere too :LOL: U2 were really good :happy: but Muse will epic :D

Archived