:LOL: I found Resistance incredibly dull live, kinda appreciated having that swiping thing going across the screen

Resistance doesn't have that same kick live (not that it really has one on record either), and it does NOT work midset, anywhere. I think that Resistance should open encores. Just sayin'. They can play two encores, I can't see why Resistance can't open one and Overture the other.

Resistance doesn't have that same kick live (not that it really has one on record either), and it does NOT work midset, anywhere. I think that Resistance should open encores. Just sayin'. They can play two encores, I can't see why Resistance can't open one and Overture the other.

Between Uprising and New Born is definitely the worst place for it. I don't see why it can't open the encore.

Resistance

Hysteria

Plug In Baby

Knights of Cydonia

Overture

Stockholm Syndrome

Take a Bow

That would work, though I prefer Take a Bow to open than close but whatever.

If they are to play Exogenesis in full, I'd rather a slightly shorter main set 15-16 songs, and then kind of three encores:

Main set...

Unnatural Selection

-----

Exogenesis

-----

Dead Star/Micro Cuts

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

-----

*a token old song*

Knights Of Cydonia

Between Uprising and New Born is definitely the worst place for it. I don't see why it can't open the encore.

Resistance

Hysteria

Plug In Baby

Knights of Cydonia

Overture

Stockholm Syndrome

Take a Bow

That would work, though I prefer Take a Bow to open than close but whatever.

Uprising would work midset as well (not BRILLIANTLY, but well-ish) if it was the riff version and was followed by something like Dead Star (or at least something riffy). Then that gives a slot for Take A Bow to open.

I don't see why they have to open EVERY gig with Uprising, they do have openers just as strong, if not, stronger.

With Bern being the first stadium gig and these being the top five from the poll:

Citizen Erased (6.45%), Bliss (6.16%), Showbiz (4.69%), Butterflies & Hurricanes (3.08%), Assassin/Muscle Museum (3.04%)

You'd think that at least one of those would have been rehearsed on the actual stage (I'm not saying they definitely haven't rehearsed them elsewhere)...

Of course, they might not have rehearsed any rarer songs at MK because they knew people would go there and film/record/tweet.

If they are to play Exogenesis in full, I'd rather a slightly shorter main set 15-16 songs, and then kind of three encores:

Main set...

Unnatural Selection

-----

Exogenesis

-----

Dead Star/Micro Cuts

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

-----

*a token old song*

Knights Of Cydonia

That would be so sweet. Though I think I'd swap Dead Star / Microcuts (or Dead Cuts!:happy:) and Take A Bow around, as I like TaB as an opener more. And put Stockholm Syndrome (and its myriad ending riffs) at the end. So:

Main... set

Unnatural Selection

----------

Exogenesis (with Orchestra)

----------

Take A Bow

Dead Star / Micro Cuts / 'Dead Cuts'

Stockholm Syndrome

----------

*token old song*

Knights of Cydonia

and leave Plug In Baby for somewhere in the main set. I'm getting tired of it being right at the end.

I was listening to TaB just now and thinking how awesome it'd be to see it live again. I saw it in 2006 but that was a long time ago. It's such a masterpiece, but it's so overlooked. I really hope they play it at T in the Park. Although I'm bracing myself for a crappy festival setlist that BDO got.

I expect to see Citizen Erased, Bliss and Showbiz/Butterflies & Hurricanes/Assassin/Muscle Museum at Bern. Or at least 2 of the 3 above that are not both Citizen Erased and Bliss.

EDIT:

Oh and I hope Plug in Baby returns to the beginning/middle of the set.

Nice idea about Resistance opening encores, I think that could work. I love that song.

Uprising is a good opener but by Muse standards they have better. Apocalypse Please/Take A Bow/Hysteria/Knights Of Cydonia/Dead Star/New Born would all work better.

Uprising mid set with riff ending sounds cool.

I think an Exogenesis encore with Micro Cuts before featuring an all new orchestral arrangement would be awesome.

I don't see any logic behind Glastonbury getting any special orchestral treatment, it's only a fesitival gig at the end of the day, with a lot of people who don't read much into Muse, but are fans all the same. I think it'll be at Stade de France/San Siro/Wembley and some other big stadiums.

I still have faith with Muse.. I think they knew that people would come to MK and so purposely didn't play any classics (at least that is what I hope). The polls were created to try and combat these problems with the setlists, so they cannot just ignore them.

I still have faith with Muse.. I think they knew that people would come to MK and so purposely didn't play any classics (at least that is what I hope). The polls were created to try and combat these problems with the setlists, so they cannot just ignore them.

the problems are very easily fixed. it shouldn't require polls.

Again, no excuse. Use dynamic lighting/generic visuals for these songs - it makes very very very little difference to how the majority of people will perceive a performance of a certain song.

Also, songs like Dead Star, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Citizen Erased, Bliss, Take A Bow, Assassin, etc, will already have old visuals that could be used or pre-existing lighting schemes that could be easily adapted to a new setup.

THERE. IS. NO. EXCUSE.

BTW, though, I'm mega-chuffed about TaB :awesome:.

Tom told us at the Vegas gig that basically the lights/visuals compromise everything and if the song doesn't fit they won't play it. That and appaz Bellamy thinks the set through very carefully the night before each gig.

Sure he does.

That's the excuse we got.

Visuals > music. As we all know.

Uprising

Supermassive

New Born

Map of the Problematique

Set list poll winner - Showbiz/Assassin/Butterflies and Hurricanes

Hysteria

Citizen Erased/Bliss (ext)/Dead Star

United States of Eurasia

Feeling Good