Yeah, it really does. A part of me gets upset/annoyed by it but at least my bank account will be happy :LOL: I'm still excited for next week, I'm looking forward to the stage set up (but a nice setlist too k thx bai)

I know right, considering what they do perform setlist wise with the back catalogue of material they have, it's a tad on the depressing side :LOL: I think they exceed standards when it comes to the stage and visuals though, and they still play good shows, they could just be loads better if they changed the damn setlist a bit.

It's Milton Keynes, what do they expect? :LOL: It's not some obscure village hidden behind a magical rock

:LOL: <3

I'm totally aware of that. I said the same myself on the other thread. But they obviously hoped that people in the vicinity wouldn't be reporting it internationally, as someone here has said they were asked to keep it quiet. Whether that was realistic or not is another thing.

Doesn't mean fans can't respect it though by not jumping up and down before they even know what it was really all about.

It's obviously not serious business if they just "hoped" it :chuckle: People will always spill things and I dunno if people lurking outside could hear this rehearsal or not.. it's not as if anything big has been leaked anyway.. (apart from the back of the stage haha)

i think IBTY is only for the French gigs (and intimate too). as Matt was mumbling the French part, fans will help him anyway.

:chuckle:

If they do that French part, I will be happy.

Apart from IBTY, nothing else. But they've had practices before they rehearsed at MK Bowl, and they practised some of them then. Perhaps the reason that they didn't play any of them at MK is because they knew that people knew about them having their set there, and they knew people would be able to hear it and didn't want to ruin any surprises.

Maybe is that, I think I read that Dom said in a recent interview that they were rehearsing old songs.

I think that we shouldn't judge until at least 3 gigs into to tour (excluding tomorrow night). And then we can compare what was voted incomparison to what was played. They haven't only rehearsed at the bowl. It's evident they've been elsewhere too. Having said that, what they've been playing at the bowl is probably the basis of the setlist. Although I could be wrong. I don't think they'll just rotate Citizen Erased and Bliss. I can see them playing both at the majority of gigs and then playing the 3rd/4th/5th highest as well. We just have to wait until a few gigs into the tour.

The poll were most probably created to resolve all the beef on the forum about setlists. They're not going to ignore them if that's the case. I can't wait to see the first few sets and I am rather optimistic :)

/long iPod post

I think that we shouldn't judge until at least 3 gigs into to tour (excluding tomorrow night). And then we can compare what was voted incomparison to what was played. They haven't only rehearsed at the bowl. It's evident they've been elsewhere too. Having said that, what they've been playing at the bowl is probably the basis of the setlist. Although I could be wrong. I don't think they'll just rotate Citizen Erased and Bliss. I can see them playing both at the majority of gigs and then playing the 3rd/4th/5th highest as well. We just have to wait until a few gigs into the tour.

The poll were most probably created to resolve all the beef on the forum about setlists. They're not going to ignore them if that's the case. I can't wait to see the first few sets and I am rather optimistic :)

/long iPod post

First bolded statement:

Yes.

Second bolded statement:

I think they are well aware of the beef their previous setlists have caused, I think this is one of the reasons they created the polls. IMO, they wouldn't ignore them or there would have been no point in creating them in the first place.

Fact of the matter; Muse need to rehearse more. Dom and Chris have both said in interviews that this is the case.

If so, fucking do it! It can't be hard to lock yourselves away for a week and crash through 9/10 old numbers, bash them into shape, and work them into the setlist? Muse's songs are, for the most part, incredibly simple/easy to play so there's no excuse there.

For the record I am very pleased about Take a Bow. I just thought that out of 3 songs they'd brought back, at least one of them would be a full on rock song. Take a Bow is amazing, but alongside Dead Star or MK Ultra and the like would be far superior to IBTY/Unintended

Fact of the matter; Muse need to rehearse more. Dom and Chris have both said in interviews that this is the case.

If so, fucking do it! It can't be hard to lock yourselves away for a week and crash through 9/10 old numbers, bash them into shape, and work them into the setlist? Muse's songs are, for the most part, incredibly simple/easy to play so there's no excuse there.

Lights and visuals

Lights and visuals

Again, no excuse. Use dynamic lighting/generic visuals for these songs - it makes very very very little difference to how the majority of people will perceive a performance of a certain song.

Also, songs like Dead Star, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Citizen Erased, Bliss, Take A Bow, Assassin, etc, will already have old visuals that could be used or pre-existing lighting schemes that could be easily adapted to a new setup.

THERE. IS. NO. EXCUSE.

BTW, though, I'm mega-chuffed about TaB :awesome:.

Again, no excuse. Use dynamic lighting/generic visuals for these songs - it makes very very very little difference to how the majority of people will perceive a performance of a certain song.

Also, songs like Dead Star, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Citizen Erased, Bliss, Take A Bow, Assassin, etc, will already have old visuals that could be used or pre-existing lighting schemes that could be easily adapted to a new setup.

THERE. IS. NO. EXCUSE.

I know I agree. Oddly enough by far the best two songs at the O2 were Cave and MK Ultra, neither of which had fancy lights or elaborate visuals, just a little light show and footage of the band playing on the pillars and overhead screens. Worked so well.

I know I agree. Oddly enough by far the best two songs at the O2 were Cave and MK Ultra, neither of which had fancy lights or elaborate visuals, just a little light show and footage of the band playing on the pillars and overhead screens. Worked so well.

Agreed. I'm not saying get rid of the visuals, by any means, but to suggest that they are the reason why old songs can't be brought back is ridiculous.

Some of Muse's visuals over the last few years have been immense; the Take A Bow cubes/matrix-vibe, the summer 2007 cityscape for City Of Delusion (my personal favourite) and the manic rainbows for Knights on HAARP.

Hell, the Resistance tour visuals for Starlight are incredibly cool.

They can't play a song live without an intense 5 minute video that no-one ends up watching anyway! What are you, mad?! :eek:?!

:LOL: I found Resistance incredibly dull live, kinda appreciated having that swiping thing going across the screen

Agreed. I'm not saying get rid of the visuals, by any means, but to suggest that they are the reason why old songs can't be brought back is ridiculous.

Some of Muse's visuals over the last few years have been immense; the Take A Bow cubes/matrix-vibe, the summer 2007 cityscape for City Of Delusion (my personal favourite) and the manic rainbows for Knights on HAARP.

Best visuals they've had, or that i've seen were for Space Dementia and Forced In in 2003, so atmospheric.

Take a Bow 2007 one was pretty good too, and I kinda enjoyed the Supermassive robots.

Archived