I'm terrible at these kind of rating threads because tbh Muse are so good I can't have a favourite song. Atm I'm really enjoying Fury, but Resistance, IBTY and Exogenesis are all in there, and then there's Shine Acoustic, Map of Your Head, Space Dementia, Escape, Muscle Museum, Sing for Absolution, Unintended, Showbiz, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Hoodoo, Butterflies and Hurricanes, ...probably loads I've forgotten...oh bloody hell, nearly forgot Newborn.:D And I'm, adding in Unnatural Selection.

I'm terrible at these kind of rating threads because tbh Muse are so good I can't have a favourite song. Atm I'm really enjoying Fury, but Resistance, IBTY and Exogenesis are all in there, and then there's Shine Acoustic, Map of Your Head, Space Dementia, Escape, Muscle Museum, Sing for Absolution, Unintended, Showbiz, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Hoodoo, Butterflies and Hurricanes, ...probably loads I've forgotten...oh bloody hell, nearly forgot Newborn.:D And I'm, adding in Unnatural Selection.

Good list!

The bests from each album would have to be (for me):

Showbiz: Sunburn or Muscle Museum

Origin: Megalomania or Micro Cuts

Absolution: Butterflies and Hurricanes or Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

Black Holes: Take a Bow or Knights

The Resistance: Exogenesis

:happy:

I've been torn between New Born and Citizen Erased for a long time.. CE is the only song I've ever come across that ranges between so many different moods seamlessly and leaves you feel like you've been on an emotional voyage/rollercoaster. But it edges a little more towards New Born. And I'm also in love with Showbiz. It's so aggressive and fecking fantastic! I love Shrinking Universe too, the falsettos get me weak everytime.. it's constantly on repeat. Muscle Museum is an early favourite of mine for sure, I love the angst, and the lyrics are quite clever lol. And Take A Bow is really awesome, gives me shivers, as Matt constantly points out it doesn't follow traditional songs in the sense that there's nochorus/verse structure, but it manages to work perfectly as a song. Hysteria will always always be a favourite, best build up intro EVER. As will Micro Cuts, not only are the lyrics powerful, but the overall sound is immense, there's so much frustration it's fecking ace how it builds and explodes in the chorus and the end riff. And Space Dementia has the most powerful intro that melds into a terrific, OTT track with amazing piano work. And Fury is a work of art it really is. Class B-side! And so is Hyper Chondriac Music, it's so atmospheric and moving, has actually reduced me to tears it's that beautiful. And City Of Delusion is hugely impressive with it's progression and layered sound that all works so well together. I also love the simplicity (ish) of Hoodoo, there's something haunting about that song it just resonates in my mind for ages afterwards, truly beautiful. For fecks sake there's no way of naming just one best song with a band as brilliant as Muse!! :D :D

I really wish I had just one but it's simply impossible because all of their songs amaze me! Though I hafta say, standing up there marginally higher than the rest is New Born. Something about it makes me feel 'alive' and ready to go insane, the energy in that song is electric and almost tangible (if any of this has made any sense whatsoever :$) Anyways i've rambled enough now, Muse rock, good night....

HOLY MUSE!! I couldn't have put it better myself :happy:

And btw my favourite seems to be the one I'm listening to at the time :yesey:

but the definite stand outs are:

Stockholm Syndrome

Dead Star

Plug in Baby

Sing for Absolution

Citizen Erased

Knights of Cydonia

Showbiz

Map of the Problematique

Apocalypse Please

Hysteria

OKAY OKAY!!! I must stop myself before I list them all :LOL:

I think I'd have to say Map Of The Problematique is my favourite. I cried when I first saw it live, mainly because of how beatiful it was and how I can relate to the lyrics and the mood.

And Knights Of Cydonia is an amazing live closer, as is Take a Bow and Stockholm Syndrome.

And, obviously almost all of their early work, most notably Muscle Museum, Sunburn, Citizen Erased, Uno, Bliss, Dead Star, In Your World, Hyper Chondriac Music, Hyper Music, I could go on!

Archived