I was so happy when they played the Micro Cuts outro after New Born at my gig in Portland!

Love it.

Twuth.

You lucky... I have to say I was really glad when they played the 'yes please' riff at the end of New Born when I saw them.

I would really love to hear Dead Cuts live as it basically combines in one song my favourite riff with my favourite outro.

I was going to vote for SS anyway :LOL:

yay, and then CE will probs win if Exo is out the way. CE is proberly more popular than SS :( but I would be happy with CE winning. I will vote for CE, bliss beat SS in the first round of the last competition and I never forgave it :mad:

I don't feel that I ought to be in the know about chaos theory when I listen to a song. Even if I understood I don't think I'd engage with the lyrics much at all, they're really rather bland. :LOL:

It's like if you know about Project MK Ultra, the lyrics make more sense and they sort of click more. Chaos theory is much more common knowledge also. Sure, the lyrics repeat, but look at Showbiz. :chuckle:

Okay, sorry if that looked rude. I meant they couldn't really be compared because they're so different, when I said that.

Final minute of CE's emotional value > All of Absolution's emotional value

IMO.

:awesome:

Naw, jokes. That would be impossible. IMPOSSIBLE.

I was gonna say...:stunned::stunned: I don't even know what I would have said to that... :stunned::stunned::p

You lucky... I have to say I was really glad when they played the 'yes please' riff at the end of New Born when I saw them.

I would really love to hear Dead Cuts live as it basically combines in one song my favourite riff with my favourite outro.

Yes, I do feel lucky!

Even luckier that I had an awesome camera and some helpful advice from a certain Muser so that I could record it! :p

It's like if you know about Project MK Ultra, the lyrics make more sense and they sort of click more. Chaos theory is much more common knowledge also. Sure, the lyrics repeat, but look at Showbiz. :chuckle:

I was gonna say...:stunned::stunned: I don't even know what I would have said to that... :stunned::stunned::p

You wouldn'tve have said anything. You would've just beaten the crap out of me. :awesome:

Yes, I do feel lucky!

Even luckier that I had an awesome camera and some helpful advice from a certain Muser so that I could record it! :p

:pimp:

And you'll see - it's great when a few months later you watch it again and brings back memories.

For one MOMMEEENNNNNNTT, I wish you'd hold your stage, with no feelings at all, open mindEEEDDDDDD, I'm sure I used to be so free.

Really? I find that part slightly annoying, not emotional. :LOL: I think the slow part at the end of CE is amazing, but the first couple of minutes bore me to no end.

I'm ok with Citizen Erased but i couldn't wake up every morning to listen to it again. Let's change the thread direction :rolleyes: What about Butterflies & Hurricanes :pimp: ? To me it's the perfect song, a masterpiece, i want them to bring back in the setlist. I really prefer the live version guitar + piano = :awesome: Plus, there are two solos, what's more we want? :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqBEx-uRQ4g

I love Butterflies and Hurricanes, such a fantastic song. The original is great but I think I prefer the HAARP version, that whole middle piano section of the song is just so....:ohmy:. I wouldn't go as far as saying its perfect, but up there with the best of Muse for sure.

Butterflies and Hurricanes seems really overrated to me. It's a great song, it's like my third or fourth favourite in Absolution, I've always liked it a lot, but it's just...Ah, I don't know.

I can't really say there is one best song. There will always be a big place in my heart for a bunch of songs- I truly love all Muse songs.

Because I've listened to some, and loved them, for a long while, the songs that I have to mention are:

Muscle Museum

New Born

Plug in Baby

Time is Running Out

Starlight (Don't judge me, I loved this one when I was 10 or something :LOL:)

Yeah, a bit cliche, I know. I listened to these when I was really small and will always be favourites somewhere, even though I sort of officially say that CE and Showbiz are my favourites.

[/endofspeech]

love everyone's choices here, and i agree with what arno said about my faves changing.

(i'm new, so i'll just jump right in, i suppose :) )

my favorite song ever (out of everything) is map of the problematique. it was the first muse song i ever heard, and i fell in love with it.

that said, i can't deny that stockholm syndrome, citizen erased, and city of delusion are also up there in my top songs.

but my faves (disregarding motp) switch up all the time. last week it was showbiz and easily. you get my drift.

I'm ok with Citizen Erased but i couldn't wake up every morning to listen to it again. Let's change the thread direction :rolleyes: What about Butterflies & Hurricanes :pimp: ? To me it's the perfect song, a masterpiece, i want them to bring back in the setlist. I really prefer the live version guitar + piano = :awesome: Plus, there are two solos, what's more we want? :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqBEx-uRQ4g

+1 :happy::happy::happy:

Not to mention one of the most beautiful and complex piano solos in modern music.

love everyone's choices here, and i agree with what arno said about my faves changing.

(i'm new, so i'll just jump right in, i suppose :) )

my favorite song ever (out of everything) is map of the problematique. it was the first muse song i ever heard, and i fell in love with it.

that said, i can't deny that stockholm syndrome, citizen erased, and city of delusion are also up there in my top songs.

but my faves (disregarding motp) switch up all the time. last week it was showbiz and easily. you get my drift.

Nice picks and welcome to the board. :)

Because it is a really difficult solo and very beatiful and well executed ! Try to play it (if you play piano) and you will died 1000000 times before to succeed in play(ing?) this as well as Matt.

But, i love this song and (and solo) since the first time i've heard it (09/14/2003?, i don't remember the date release of Absolution).

To me, matt is the best pianist in the world of rock music. :happy:

Archived