Muse are not a pop band. They have a few pop songs, however. Having a few poppy songs doesn't make you pop.

Oh, and for future reference so I don't end up looking like the a-hole, I already stated I didn't want to start this argument.

What about 2 albums, 2 bad gigs and a load of recent singles then?

Black Holes isn't a crappy album, neither is The Resistance. That's your opinion. How ironic I get blasted for saying other people's opinions suck when everyone else does it and it's okay?

How stupid.

I'm a Pumpkins fan, I still follow them. I have a high patience. It could be far worse, but I really wish Muse would make a pop album so all you would be quiet and stop listening to Muse, leaving me to discuss the band peacefully with the real fans.

Black Holes isn't a crappy album, neither is The Resistance. That's your opinion. How ironic I get blasted for saying other people's opinions suck when everyone else does it and it's okay?

How stupid.

I'm a Pumpkins fan, I still follow them. I have a high patience. It could be far worse, but I really wish Muse would make a pop album so all you would be quiet and stop listening to Muse, leaving me to discuss the band peacefully with the real fans.

:LOL:

I'm not saying Muse are dead, or that they should stop making music. I'm disappointed with the direction that they've gone and i'm not as interested in them anymore.

There is no such thing as 'real fans'. I'm a fan of their older work, less so of their newer stuff. Some people will be different.

How stupid.

Well said.

What about 2 albums, 2 bad gigs and a load of recent singles then?

Hey now, I like BHaR and TR (maybe not as much as previous albums, but whatevs). BHaR is how I found out about Muse :phu:

I consider Muse prog. rock, not pop (at least, not yet).

I don't love Muse anymore for the last passed 5 years, since Black Holes & R., BUT i still love old Muse songs. And i hope, one day I should love them again. If they could be a mythic band, i think they will do others mythics albums (like Origin and Abso for some of you [showbiz for me :p] ), and they will stop to be controversial as right now. Maybe they will have a discography close to Depeche Mode and The Cure and U2 own.

For this new song, i listenned to the firsts 30 seconds and i don't like it. But how a band can compose a good song for this kind of cinema??

Literally, I come on here and get blasted like I committed murder because I LIKE MUSE.

This is surpassing Smashing Pumpkins/Netphoria forums bad. NIN/Echoing the Sound forums (around With Teeth's release) bad. And that's bad.

I really want to post the twitpic where they're all sitting in the car listening to the song, the one where Matt's in the car (but it's not working for some reason). Anyway it's the expression on Chris' face which made me think this song might be emotionally or musically powerful.

Unless he's just letting one go! :LOL:

BTW I haven't got round to reading many other comments, look's like its probably best not to!

PS The lyric we heard still touched me actually, but it does sound like Resistance.

'cause it's the lead single and everyone will hear it and their opinions come from this song.

:wtf:

I can't understand. On the one hand, everyone hates Twilighters, every Muser want Twilight fans to fuck off, everyone on this board say that they can't stand 'not-pwoper' fans who know one or two songs. Now you care what these Twilighters will think about it ? Ok, what everyone will think ? We want to be to exclusive real Muse fan group, mutual admiration society, diehard fans, well, what happened ? Why we start care about non Musers opinion, and what they think about our band ?

Ahh, I know, we must complaining about our favourite band. We are Musers, we 'love' Muse.

we can't be happy.

Is it hard to grasp that people have different opinions..........

You are not allowed to have a different opinion on here.

Literally, I come on here and get blasted like I committed murder because I LIKE MUSE.

This is surpassing Smashing Pumpkins/Netphoria forums bad. NIN/Echoing the Sound forums (around With Teeth's release) bad. And that's bad.

No you're getting blasted because you arrogantly call people dumb and stupid for having an opinion different from yours, it has nothing to do about you liking Muse.

People find any reason or any way to bitch. This is the new reason. During the Abso-era it was probably because the lyrics were too serious, during the Origin-era it was probably because they didn't sound like Radiohead anymore, during the Showbiz-era it was probably that they sounded like Radiohead.

They can never win, and they know that.

If you declare RIP Muse after one song, you were never a fan.

Guiding Light, Resistance, USoE, Soaked, Prague (cover, granted), NSC/LiF (possibly), there's more than one nail in that coffin :LOL:

Still consider myself a fan though, and I respect your opinion, of course.

:wtf:

I can't understand. On the one hand, everyone hates Twilighters, every Muser want Twilight fans to fuck off, everyone on this board say that they can't stand 'not-pwoper' fans who know one or two songs. Now you care what these Twilighters will think about it ? Ok, what everyone will think ? We want to be to exclusive real Muse fan group, mutual admiration society, diehard fans, well, what happened ? Why we start care about non Musers opinion, and what they think about our band ?

Ahh, I know, we must complaining about our favourite band. We are Musers, we 'love' Muse.

we can't be happy.

It happens for every band.

I for one couldn't care less who likes Muse and how they got into them. Muse will make whatever music they like regardless of their audience (i'd hope) and if I like it then great, if not then well i've listened to them for so long and followed them for several years that it's only natural to feel a bit disappointed about it and have a moan. I know i'm powerless to influence their music, I just wish I hadn't spent so much money on gig tickets that past 2 years :LOL:

No you're getting blasted because you arrogantly call people dumb and stupid for having an opinion different from yours, it has nothing to do about you liking Muse.

No, it's because I like Muse and their new albums and am considered a moron who doesn't like Muse and has invalid opinions because I like BHaR and TR. This forum has become an absolute trainwreck, and I've only been on here for a few months.

Archived