Even if they wrote it specifically for a film then if they're not happy with that musical direction then they shouldn't have publicised it. Unless they're only in it for the money.

So either a) Muse are now a band primarily in writing cheesy love songs and occasionally throw in a riff or a piano piece

or

b) They're sellouts doing it for cash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZ86GYoxE0

:LOL:

Well, I hope they're only doing it for the lolz.

Agreed.

I get the feeling lyrics as butt-numbingly lame as "We'll Die Together" are elements that having an outside producer no longer brings to the band these days. I think any producer worth his weight would've said "yo Matt, you gotta do at least 1 rewrite on that..."

Here's hoping they bring back Leckie or someone for the NEXT album.

I don't know about bringing back Leckie (although he's great), but amen on the 'rewrite' thing :LOL:

It isn't for fuck sake! They're just using it for Eclipse, but they didn't write it for it.

I hate it though

"The first single on "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" has just been confirmed and I get to bring you the exclusive details. Stephanie's very favourite band, Muse, have contributed a song called "Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)" and it's the first single from the project."

The blurb from Meyer's website^^

The "from the project" bit makes me disagree with you. After all its not on a Muse EP or album or anything - its only being released as part of the soundtrack. SMBH and IBTY were both on albums, thats why I reckon they've done it specifically for the film.

I may be wrong though...

But most other Twilight songs aren't fueled with cheese. It's not a necessity for appearing on the soundtrack.

is the fatm song new? i haven't checked. :shifty:

seriously...as much as i don't care for the association between muse and meyers (which is a LOT) i was really surprised last movie that there were thom yorke and editors on there as well. editors? really? :stunned:

whoever is compiling music for these movies...they are probably the only people involved with decent taste. i love them...wait no...i hate them...bastards... :facepalm:

"The first single on "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" has just been confirmed and I get to bring you the exclusive details. Stephanie's very favourite band, Muse, have contributed a song called "Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)" and it's the first single from the project."

The "from the project" bit makes me disagree with you. After all its not on a Muse EP or album or anything - its only being released as part of the soundtrack. SMBH and IBTY were both on albums, thats why I reckon they've done it specifically for the film.

I may be wrong though...

nahh, i just think that means from the album, i don't think they've written it especially for the film

btw, where is everyone hearing the preview from? :erm:

Lyrics were kind of to be expected. At least they wrote a kind of rocky song. In that first second before the chorus I thought it kind of sounded like Unnatural Selection with the "ocean" syllable and a kind of similar melody, and the falsetto bits on the last "love is forever" kind of sound like it too. It's kind of catchy.

Edit: Also, good call on Resistance, Part 2.

I also thought it was Unnatural Selection for a moment, as the first word sounds like ocean. I had to laugh at "love is forever" being a main lyric after reading so many negative reactions to that subtitle. :chuckle: It reminds me of Resistance too. It does sound cheesyish but I will wait to judge it properly when I hear the whole song. I like the video so far.

I like the sound! A lot! And I know the lyrics are cheesy as hell, but I’d like to think it is just to take the piss, and just go all the way. Have a laugh, like Muse ALWAYS do... I don't know why you guys are taking this so seriously.. It is cheesy, because he wants it to be cheesy. Just like the guitar solo in GL and so on. It is funny! I would have thought musers of all people would get that... I mean yes when I heard the title for the for the first time I'll admit that my immediate thought was :eek: but it was soon followed by :LOL: Am I the only person who feels this way?

I may be wrong though...

Well if it's been written especially for the film then Dom's not telling the truth or he's been misquoted because he specifically said in an article that it was a personal song. Unless of course he was referring to a different song and they changed their minds about which song to put on the soundtrack.

Where's Dom's sparkly outfit?? :stunned:

This. :LOL:

And seems kinda catchy :LOL:

I think it'll be a big hit with the Twilighters, not so much with the Musers. Though I wonder if things would be different if it wasn't on the Eclipse soundtrack..

I like the sound! A lot! And I know the lyrics are cheesy as hell, but I’d like to think it is just to take the piss, and just go all the way. Have a laugh, like Muse ALWAYS do... I don't know why you guys are taking this so seriously.. It is cheesy, because he wants it to be cheesy. Just like the guitar solo in GL and so on. It is funny! I would have thought musers of all people would get that... I mean yes when I heard the title for the for the first time I'll admit that my immediate thought was :eek: but it was soon followed by :LOL: Am I the only person who feels this way?

No. you are NOT the only person who feels that way. I am laughing all the way. People get too serious about it. Watch the video, hear the song: Muse are making a lot of lolz about it :LOL:

'cause it's the lead single and everyone will hear it and their opinions come from this song.

Yeah I think it might grow on me. First reaction to uprising was WTF CHEESE but I love it now. Guiding light - similar feeling to a lesser extent. I hope this has some epic solo in it somewhere to make it all worthwhile.

Like I said before I reckon it would be epic after a few drinks. A wee bit cringeworthy up until that point though.

This. :LOL:

And seems kinda catchy :LOL:

I think it'll be a big hit with the Twilighters, not so much with the Musers. Though I wonder if things would be different if it wasn't on the Eclipse soundtrack..

I don't think so, the song itself (despite being on the soundtrack) doesn't sound good imo.

le sigh

ETA: and by the song, i meant the 30 second clip :LOL: hopefully the rest is better.

Archived