In terms of it being for the band, is it really a big single or is it just a big single for a big movie? The next big single will be from The Resistance, not from the Twilight soundtrack.

I'm not sure I see the distinction you're drawing. I don't know how it all works, but I would think for business purposes they wouldn't release two singles close together, so I figure this is it for now and if we see another single from TR it probably won't be until the fall. And that'll be a year after the album's release, so I'm not sure we'll get another proper TR single.

This week we're getting this song on radio, a download from this site (complete with pre-order) and a video. It got a special premiere as the new Muse song with an interview w/Matt on Radio1 and was followed shortly after by a Dom interview and "first play" on XFM.

It looks like the band considers this their next big single..?

I <3 It. :phu:

+132131221413431431424234134421

:yesey:

EDIT; I should actually put some points in this post.

Outro - I love it. Even though it's kind of random, but yeah, I'm liking.

First verse - Not such a huge fan, it's a bit.. eh for me compared to the rest of the track.

The rest - absolute CHEESE the lyrics are but I still love it, considering I didn't have the highest of hopes for it :LOL:

I want to see the whole vid now.

haha :LOL::LOL: i slipped in Showbiz and was it felt so new again after NSC.... even though i love nsc

I went to my youtube playlist of 2000 and 2001 Muse videos to fall in love (fall in awe) all over again.

Must say though reading the lyrics and putting them in Matt's stated context, add to the vocals and instrumentals under headphones - I am beginning to grow warmer to NSC.

Enjoy reading everyone's take on it. Is there a poll for the song yet? There was one for the clip.

I went to my youtube playlist of 2000 and 2001 Muse videos to fall in love (fall in awe) all over again.

Must say though reading the lyrics and putting them in Matt's stated context, add to the vocals and instrumentals under headphones - I am beginning to grow warmer to NSC.

Enjoy reading everyone's take on it. Is there a poll for the song yet? There was one for the clip.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=74321

;)

the overall lyrics are not that cheesy afterall.

The world is broken

Halos fail to glisten

You try to make a difference

But no one wants to listen

Hail,

The preachers, fake and proud

Their doctrines will be cloud

Then theyll dissipate

Like snowflakes in an ocean

but i cant help LOLing at the snowflakes part.

The world is broken

Halos fail to glisten

Hail,

Then theyll dissipate

:LOL: i just laugh at "and If we die, we die together" theres no "if" matt, you may be awesome but your not immortal :$

i adore how he sings DIE in the second chorus, though (the one that was in the preview)

The world is broken

Halos fail to glisten

Hail,

Then theyll dissipate

Am I the only person who finds the snowflakes part beautiful???

I mean, have you ever seen snowflakes fall into the ocean? It's beautiful and mind numbing, especially if you take in the surrounding environment.

After finding out this song was about Matt falling in love with his ex-girlfriend the lyric, "they'll dissipate like snowflakes in the ocean", stood out even more.

This song is about love and how bittersweet it is (or at least that is how I interpret it), just like how the imagery that the line brings is frigidly beautiful.

The lyrics to this song are not cheesy... just because he exaggerates the lyrics with his voice and that the words are actually audible, doesn't mean the song is dreadfully cheesy.

There are other countless emotions that are interconnected with love, maybe that's why the song is a mash up of a lot of different styles.

Matt wrote this looking back at his relationship, when people tend to reminisce they usually tend to exaggerate as well.

I also don't think the piano part is odd at the end. I probably sound like idiot, but the ending to the song sounded like a sigh to the end of meaningful thought. That piano ending completes the song entirely.

Sorry, my reply is just a whole bunch of random thoughts. :$

Am I the only person who finds the snowflakes part beautiful???

I mean, have you ever seen snowflakes fall into the ocean? It's beautiful and mind numbing, especially if you take in the surrounding environment.

After finding out this song was about Matt falling in love with his ex-girlfriend the lyric, "they'll dissipate like snowflakes in the ocean", stood out even more.

This song is about love and how bittersweet it is (or at least that is how I interpret it), just like how the imagery that the line brings is frigidly beautiful.

The lyrics to this song are not cheesy... just because he exaggerates the lyrics with his voice and that the words are actually audible, doesn't mean the song is dreadfully cheesy.

There are other countless emotions that are interconnected with love, maybe that's why the song is a mash up of a lot of different styles.

Matt wrote this looking back at his relationship, when people tend to reminisce they usually tend to exaggerate as well.

I also don't think the piano part is odd at the end. I probably sound like idiot, but the ending to the song sounded like a sigh to the end of meaningful thought. That piano ending completes the song entirely.

Sorry, my reply is just a whole bunch of random thoughts. :$

+1 to your entire post... i find i love most Muse songs because I personally have an exaggerated reaction to everything (but i hide it because people would give me :wtf: looks) and to be able to sing along to these types of feelings make me very happy:happy:

Also, i absolutely LOVE the beginning..... its the tentative first steps when starting a new love

and RANDOM but I am absolutely jealous of you for the april gigs!! are you an Oregonian Muser as well :supersad:

EDIT: whoops just checked your user haha washington...blast!

After a few listens, it still does nothing to me. I don't like it. The chorus is catchy, but not in the good way. (The bad way is when a Ke$ha song is stuck in your head and you really want to get it out).

The lyrics are bad and cheesy, the second verse is horrible...

I think I'm just gonna edit the song and cut out of it the piano outro and put it on my ipod. It's the only good thing there.

I'm going to bury myself in a dark cave now.

+1 to your entire post... i find i love most Muse songs because I personally have an exaggerated reaction to everything (but i hide it because people would give me :wtf: looks) and to be able to sing along to these types of feelings make me very happy:happy:

Also, i absolutely LOVE the beginning..... its the tentative first steps when starting a new love

and RANDOM but I am absolutely jealous of you for the april gigs!! are you an Oregonian Muser as well :supersad:

EDIT: whoops just checked your user haha washington...blast!

Yay! Someone agrees! :happy:

The second chorus is amazing as well! It's like that feeling when you are absolutely in love with somebody and you don't know how to control it. :stunned:

Joining your randomness: Yup I am from WA! April was full of Win! Too bad I can't see them during the fall tour. :'(

Archived