So I will admit this song is a guilty pleasure for me. I enjoy it, but it's full of cheese and bad song construction. I heard it on the radio during my drive home and I felt so embarrassed :$. I don't think I'd mind if this was a B-side. But as a leading single and all the airplay it's been getting (the station had played it once every hour since it was available), it's going to suck that this is the song that people here in the US will know Muse by. It's getting a lot of positive reaction too, so it'll be a staple on the station.

I get the feeling Matt wanted to take his diva crown back from Adam Lambert and created this song. :LOL:

Muse made it in America before the UK ever picked up on them, I think the American's are well aware of what Muse stand for.

my first instinct upon seeing the song title was to connect it to US for some reason... the snowflakes in the ocean line sealed the deal. :LOL:

When I first heard "ocean" I thought I was being tricked by the 30 sec preview, and it was just US. It was like they were making fun of me. Then he was like, "LOVE" and I was like, "This isn't US *confused*"

I actually like the song. Sure, it's cheesy and clearly not anywhere near one of the best Muse songs, but it has its moments. Love the bass line in particular. Plus it clearly speaks to Matt's personal life and I can't begrudge the man his right to deal with his personal emotions in his own songs...

Plus it's still better than so much stuff on the radio these days that I'd definitely take a weaker Muse song over listening to one more song by Miley Cyrus.

I enjoy listening to the song, but plz don't waste precious setlist space on it.

Also, it don't sound like Muse in at all. Sounds like a musical finale, or the end credits of a really crappy film (which it actually is)

Muse made it in America before the UK ever picked up on them, I think the American's are well aware of what Muse stand for.

Oh my :chuckle:

The first two Muse albums weren't even released in the US originally. It was Absolution that got them into the US by which time they were already big enough to be playing arenas in Europe...

I think there are a select few. But we didn't get them until Absolution. Even then, the overall majority have no clue who they are. Even now. Whenever I mention going to a Muse concert I get the same reaction:

Who are you seeing?

Muse.

What kind of music do they play?

Rock/pop.

Can you repeat the name again?

Muse.

Nope, never heard of them.

Oh.

And you pronounce it like "songwriter's muse/Zeus' daughters/musings/any other muse definition?"

Yeah. Same thing. Same word.

Ah. Well, have fun at the show.

Will do...:rolleyes:

Archived