And the (unwarranted) bitchfest begins.

90% of you don't deserve this band. They're not going to recreate OoS (not even their best album mind you) every fucking time. Get over it.

:mad:

No, you don't deserve muse.

Why?

Because your ugly.

Now shut up and go home :phu:

What? That made about as much sense as his post!

lol

No one even said they want another OOS. I hate this assumption.

I do... :phu:

Heck, I'd rather the next 2 albums be a country remake of OOS and a disco remake of Showbiz than track after track of NSC sound-alikes :p

It's really hard for me to HATE a Muse song.

There are some I didn't like at first listen ("Megalomania" for example), and I used to skip, but over time they grew on me.

Musically, Muse is 1000X better than most of what's out there. They actually play instruments, instead of just sampling from someone else or using artificial beats.

I want to LOVE it because it's Muse, but...it's...so....cheesey. :(

I miss the dark passion of Hoodoo, and even the other songs like Easily, or Falling away with you. Thank God it's only on the twilight soundtrack. Problem is that all the twi-fans will make this a big hit, and that will get them more radio play, of a song that isn't even close to showing their depth. It will just be fuel for the haters that already think this is what they are all about. THEN, you'll see it start to appear on their concert play lists!!:eek:

I know it will grow on me -I mean, if Undisclosed Desires did, then anything can.

Matt - find that dark (non cheesey) love/hate/heartache inside you (think of Gaia) and give it to us. Please!

He was thinking of her and he doesn't feel darkness or hatred just love and sadness. It's obvious. And I think the song is all the more touching because of that.

Probably pretty close to the truth... :erm:

At the same time there's nooby fans that only like their most mainstream and modern crap and despise anything else that isn't poppy.

You need to add Neutron Star Collision to your sig :awesome:

I miss the dark passion of Hoodoo, and even the other songs like Easily, or Falling away with you. Thank God it's only on the twilight soundtrack. Problem is that all the twi-fans will make this a big hit, and that will get them more radio play, of a song that isn't even close to showing their depth. It will just be fuel for the haters that already think this is what they are all about. THEN, you'll see it start to appear on their concert play lists!!:eek:

I know it will grow on me -I mean, if Undisclosed Desires did, then anything can.

Matt - find that dark (non cheesey) love/hate/heartache inside you (think of Gaia) and give it to us. Please!

He was thinking of her and he doesn't feel darkness or hatred just love and sadness. It's obvious. And I think the song is all the more touching because of that.

Hoodoo is my favorite song by Muse, but I don't think we need more Hoodoos. Too many of those would make me one depressed little fucker :LOL:

It's really hard for me to HATE a Muse song.

There are some I didn't like at first listen ("Megalomania" for example), and I used to skip, but over time they grew on me.

Musically, Muse is 1000X better than most of what's out there. They actually play instruments, instead of just sampling from someone else or using artificial beats.

I agree. But there are countless other rock/metal bands that do that. :erm:

Best not to get stereotypical viewpoints based on commercial radio alone.

Fix't. Now go back to the Banter thread where you belong.

:p

this.

When the thread was full, there were probably more critics than appreciators, the only reason why there are way more people appreciating now and there is less critisism is because the critics have all gone back to banter haha

Fucking lol.

Electronic music is fucking difficult to do well, rock is easy in comparison.

- Samples & artificial beats ;)

+ a million. I can't understand why they don't play "The Groove" (AKA' date=' "the best Jimi Hendrix song he didn't have anything to do with") a lot more often, especially here! On Edit: I don't mean they should've gone this direction for "NSC" -- only that in general if they want to be even more popular in the US, that's the direction they should consider.[/quote']

I'm so glad you agree with me. I mean love, freaking LOVE English rock. But English pop is not America's favorite thing. It seems to be a bit glossy, and over here, at least in good pop, we want to hear some dirt. Even if its highly produced, multi-layered dirt. It's still there.

Muse are in this sort of, LET'S OUT QUEEN QUEEN! phase right now, which I think strays too far away from Bellamy's roots as a guitarist. He fucking listens to Jimi Hendrix and Tom Morello man.

If Muse plan to make a bigger splash in the US, which they have been attempting for awhile, it's not going to be with grand, sweeping, emotive songs like this.

We Americans want Bellamy to just shut up for a second and play his guitar.

Archived