For everyone bashing the lyrics, I present "Instant Messenger" (aka "Pink Ego Box"):

That just shows me that there are more than one Muse song with bad lyrics, still doesn't make NSC lyrics good.

Ok, this is mental.

I blasted NSC in my kitchen just to see what it would feel like, and I found myself dancing along, quite enjoying the cheese and chorus,

but, then I blasted SS, and then Deadstar, and then Muscle Museum, and Unintended... and I almost felt Muse heartbroken :(

Maybe my opinion will keep drastically changing but I'm starting to miss the undeniably amazing Muse of absolution, OoS, and even showbiz.

Also, my mom, who has almost the same musical taste as I do and has been to 2 muse concerts, said the new song had lyrics and cheesiness like a jonas brothers song :facepalm: I'm, so terrified to think that she's even a bit right.

That just shows me that there are more than one Muse song with bad lyrics, still doesn't make NSC lyrics good.

I could probably go on about "bad" Muse lyrics.

"Eternally Missed"

"Map Of Your Head"

I personally don't mind the lyrics, because it's the music that interests me. And musically, "Neutron Star Collision" is a good song.

Muse are perfectly capable of the sexier tunes... I feel like they should have done something like that. The sleaziness of that TiRO bassline, and Supermassive's beat....

Side note:

Muse needs to get some more musical blackness in them, if that makes any sense. Just a smidge. I feel like it would ground them.

+ a million. I can't understand why they don't play "The Groove" (AKA, "the best Jimi Hendrix song he didn't have anything to do with") a lot more often, especially here! On Edit: I don't mean they should've gone this direction for "NSC" -- only that in general if they want to be even more popular in the US, that's the direction they should consider.

Nor a chocolate, though he is hungry for some onions.

:LOL:

It's Lily Allen

That's what I'm afraid of. Is she still intending to retire from music to start a family? In any event, it wouldn't be Lady GaGa; her stardom -- to use an astronomical metaphor or two -- is going supernova these days. Why should she bother showing up for a one-off gig (or two, or whatever) with Muse in which she'd only be doing a short set? She's selling out stadiums on her own!

It's an overweight Pokemon.

:LOL:

i never watched pokemon :$

Snorlax isnt overweight, He hibernates all the time so needs some stuffing else he would starve :eek:

:chuckle:

i honestly don't get it but that's ok

i gave my opinion of the song without attacking anyone.

now that's done i just want to be a bit silly and have fun. :awesome:

Ok, this is mental.

I blasted NSC in my kitchen just to see what it would feel like, and I found myself dancing along, quite enjoying the cheese and chorus,

but, then I blasted SS, and then Deadstar, and then Muscle Museum, and Unintended... and I almost felt Muse heartbroken :(

Maybe my opinion will keep drastically changing but I'm starting to miss the undeniably amazing Muse of absolution, OoS, and even showbiz.

Also, my mom, who has almost the same musical taste as I do and has been to 2 muse concerts, said the new song had lyrics and cheesiness like a jonas brothers song :facepalm: I'm, so terrified to think that she's even a bit right.

Fuuuuck I kinda feel ashamed now :(

Haha sorry if I came off that way :) I should probably troll the 'other bands' section... I'm just in a buoyant mood with Download festival only 3-4 weeks away :D

I know how you feel, to be honest I used to care overly about lyrics and that if a song didnt have very good lyrics, then it was shit. But then after doing a whole load of shit on the beatles at school, and realising that 80% of their lyrics were utter balls that had no meaning and just sounded nice together, I dont take lyrics so seriously unless they appear to WANT to be taken seriously, A la, allowing me to enjoy cheesy lyrics :awesome:

Well he looks overweight. :(

Big boned. :p

On another note, I found myself reacting the same to this, as I did to USoE throughout the treasurehunt. It sounded so lolarious, especially after having heard nothing new from muse for a few years, It was just amusing to listen to, but sounded so fucking awesome :awesome:

This.

Haha, I have to say when I first heard it in the car this evening I did have a huge grin on my face because I found it so funny in parts... but I now have it playing on repeat. The intro has to grow on me, but everything after that I lovelovelove, especially the last chorus and the outro.

And I don't care whether I should or shouldn't like it, or whether it's in Twilight or not... I like it. If you don't, that's also fine... there's more to life than beef over a song :happy:

I do like everything but the beginning, the solo, and the lyrics. I was a little :erm: at first but it really is growing on me. Will never be as good as Showbiz, but I can't complain about getting a new song :p

Twitter is flooded with comments

I swear to god, if @muse release another album and the songs are like this, i'll be SOOOOOOO angry ><

I'm sorry but I agree but it was 4 the twihearts not #musers #muse @muse disappointed in the sell out sorry my box is open hate away

I have been a fan since 2005

BEFORE TWILIGHT

I try to watch all the interviews and read all the articles

I have been a Muse true follower.

Looking back and now

Matt's whole demeanor has changed

ppl change for numerous reasons but Matt I feel like u sold out

Maybe for more fans, exposure, and Money

You were trending topic on Twitter

#mattbellamyisgod

I'm starting to feel like a Justin Beaver fan now

with all these teeny boopers walking all over a good thing

Muse will be there Thick & Thin I'm a true fan

I buy your music and other stuff will continue to

But when we I see a

Team Matt

Team Dom

Team Chris

Shirts I'm gonna PUKE

I don't care what you all say, I loves it :phu:

Then again, I'm a Muse fan, and I like really anything they come out with. I love the cheesy songs, the angry songs, and the downright messed up songs. Muse is my fave band, so as much as I miss the OoS stage, I'm happy that they are all developing musically. But if this song went up with Exogenesis...well...Exo would kick this song's puny ass. :chuckle:

I like the piano, it's cute. The guitar seems a little basic for Matt. Dom kicked ass on the drums and Chris's riff is still average - not simple, but not like Hysteria. If you've read the Twatlight series, you know how stupid Eddie and Bella are about each other. If you don't think about them though, it makes the song MUCH more enjoyable.

My rating on the song: 8/10

Compared to other Muse songs?: 4/10

Can't wait for the vid though :happy:

Well

I just hope Matt gets confused when playing live, you can just see him in the middle of unnatural selection:

Counterbalance this commotion!

We're all snowflakes in th...S**t! Dom i messed up again!

:awesome:

Archived