thank you sir for answering your own question. why, i don't even have to think about an answer now.

And that makes it 'experimental'?

Matt's a proficient musician, always has been. If Exogenesis had been arranged by someone else, would that make it just a normal piece of music?

Exogenesis isn't experimental, at all - it's just Muse expanding their existing rock/classical cross-over pieces.

I don’t like Hyper Music's chorus but I enjoy the song as a whole anyway.

Choruses can ruin songs too, I really dislike the TOADA chorus which cancels out the interesting guitar, verses and solo for me. Same with Resistance actually.

You mean the song lasts one minute only ?

30seconds x3 = 90seconds

90seconds is nearly half a song

Pretty much. I'm assuming it will take the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-breakdown-chorus structure. Even if it doesn't it'll be at least a third of the song

And that makes it 'experimental'?

Matt's a proficient musician, always has been. If Exogenesis had been arranged by someone else, would that make it just a normal piece of music?

Exogenesis isn't experimental, at all - it's just Muse expanding their existing rock/classical cross-over pieces.

:yesey:

It isn't experimental, innovative maybe, unconventional (to tag it onto a pop-rock album) yes. But it really isn't experimental to add strings to guitar and piano pieces, it's been done so many times before (even by Muse themselves)

You go to your favourite restaurant and order your favourite meal they serve there. and ask for three portions of it, all piled onto one big plate. And the chef says, "hey, you know I didn't buy in the sauce this time, I made it myself following the exact same recipe".

That is Exogenesis. From Delia Smith to Heston Blumenthal, it rates as a Jamie Oliver point five.

All that Exogenesis did is take something fairly common, make it 50 times more ambitious than any other popular artist, and then make it bigger. It's different to everything else in the charts, but it is not brand new.

You go to your favourite restaurant and order your favourite meal they serve there. and ask for three portions of it, all piled onto one big plate. And the chef says, "hey, you know I didn't buy in the sauce this time, I made it myself following the exact same recipe".

That is Exogenesis. From Delia Smith to Heston Blumenthal, it rates as a Jamie Oliver point five.

You sir, deserve a knighthood :LOL:.

I can't think of a more spurious analogy that, yet, makes so much sense!

analogys are fine in context but when you take them into real life they mean shit.

had matt ever tried to create pieces before, not as far as we know. therefor he is delving into the musical world of experimenting. yeah he took bits he knew.

but by your analogy [the crap restaurant one] he just copied ones which other people made. WRONG! he took string arrangements, used his own ideas and developed them into classical pieces.

please continue this debate.

analogys are fine in context but when you take them into real life they mean shit.

had matt ever tried to create pieces before, not as far as we know. therefor he is delving into the musical world of experimenting. yeah he took bits he knew.

but by your analogy [the crap restaurant one] he just copied ones which other people made. WRONG! he took string arrangements, used his own ideas and developed them into classical pieces.

He is doing something he has never done before but that doesn't make the song experimental.

Do you know who Phillip Glass is?

And how in the world would you use an analogy in any other way?

He is doing something he has never done before but that doesn't make the song experimental.

i'm very confused now. what exactly does experimental mean then ?

and if it means mixing two genres, that is what he is doing, and if it means doing something he has never done before / doing something in hope of a result, that is what he is doing.

in higher chemistry we do titration experiments, no matter how many times you do them it's still an experiment.

i'm extremely confused now.

Do you know who Phillip Glass is?

And how in the world would you use an analogy in any other way?

Phillip Glass <3

but yes:

failboat.jpg

Is all I can say in this thread.

and if it means mixing two genres, that is what he is doing, and if it means doing something he has never done before / doing something in hope of a result, that is what he is doing.

in higher chemistry we do titration experiments, no matter how many times you do them it's still an experiment.

Experimental = fucked up shit.

and calling a titration an "experiment" isn't very accurate, it is more of a procedure to fulfill/reach a conclusion/figure, there really isn't anything "experimental" about school chemistry other than you dont have a fucking clue about what you are doing. The fact you compare Exogenisis to a Titration grants you a VIP pass to the failboat.

sexually experimenting with small rodents with your partner = experimental.

also illegal.

Titration isn't really higher chemistry.

and calling a titration an "experiment" isn't very accurate, it is more of a procedure to fulfill/reach a conclusion/figure, there really isn't anything "experimental" about school chemistry other than you dont have a fucking clue about what you are doing. The fact you compare Exogenisis to a Titration grants you a VIP pass to the failboat.

i think he was having a wee joke about titrations...

''Neutron star collision sounds likes shit.''

''Man, Neutron star collision sounds like shit in my opinion.''

Which one of these is less offensive? In my experience both would attract a bunch of negative follow up replies.

''I like how this song is shaping up!''

What would I say in reply to this? Nothing, because the poster was not inviting a reply or a backhanded comment, it is a purely opinionated post that isn't inviting a 10 page discussion.

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Is that what you're doing?! Okay, your posts are shit! Happy!? ;):LOL:

Point is there is another way of saying things. You could say, "I don't think I like this one". That is a lot less offensive and it is saying the same thing.

What I came on to say though was it's sounding like Unnatural Selection to me now. Maybe they've done a similar thing with it as they did by inserting the Abba bit.

I think it's quite sweet so far, and it's certainly made me smile.:happy:

Well the concept behind Exogensis (i.e making three seperate parts flow as if they were one whole piece), with Matt arranging his own strings is experimental for Muse, the band.

In the history of music in the world it's of minor significance. It just means an album that charted well around the world has a mix of pop, rock and orchestral music.

Well the concept behind Exogensis (i.e making three seperate parts flow as if they were one whole piece), with Matt arranging his own strings is experimental for Muse, the band.

In the history of music in the world it's of minor significance. It just means an album that charted well around the world has a mix of pop, rock and orchestral music.

This.

Sure it's experimental for MUSE, so is fucking Undisclosed Desires :LOL: and that is definitely NOT classed as "experimental" music.

"experimental" as a genre, is a whole different kettle of owls.

NME has a countdown on their main page to this :facepalm: so much hype and it's the worst thing you could ever imaging them doing.

And pop music is in general the exact OPPOSITE of experimental.....how the f%£! is this crap experimental? They've been doing this for several years anyway themselves.

Quit defending this sell-out crap, then maybe they'll stop doing it.

Archived