MK Ultra? Unnatural Selection? Thought the older muse fans enjoyed at least 5 tracks on a 11 track album? Honestly i agree that some courses muse are taking are bad but not all of them. I believe muse at least way better music than what the media is mainly providing. Justin Bieber and lady gaga? Im just open minded to alot of music and i perhaps happen to like what muse is doing.

There is NO WAY you can class Lady Gaga with Justin Bieber, Gaga is epic. :phu:

:facepalm:

Again with the 30 second stuff...that probably was the best section of the song, it always is with the 30 second previews, and a song like this doesn't go very far beyond verse chorus verse chorus....

If their other samples are anything to go by, then I highly doubt it.

But seriously, for elitism you have to first sample the radiohead forum :p

One of the reasons I'd never consider signing up there.

Spot on, when we first got USoE during the treasure hunt my reaction was all: :rolleyes::noey::facepalm:

I challenge you to find anyone who didn't think that at first. ;)(It grew on me though...a lot.)

I just hate that as soon as anyone mentions anything about the song being bad, there are all these people going "YOU HAVEN'T HEARD IT YET!". But to say that the song is awesome is apparently okay.

I don't particularly like the sample, but it annoys me when people are making excessively dramatic statements that are basically just seeking attention. :rolleyes:

how can one song create 208 pages +... wowzers.

Well, at first it was speculation about the video, and then this, but yeah...:chuckle:

Yeah man I came to the boards just to pick e-fights. Oh come on.

was that a veiled arrested development reference? :wtf:

anyways, i'm really excited for the song, and I think it's fine that there's a bit of extra cheese because not a lot of current rock bands are willing to be so blatantly over the top (sorta like queen)... the top songs are honestly mostly rap, justinbeaver pop shite, and 'indie' sounding, whiny, painfully introspective 'alternative rock' songs.

I think a good, loud and cheesy chorus and shiny leather pants would shake up the charts quite well :stunned::D

anyways, i'm really excited for the song, and I think it's fine that there's a bit of extra cheese because not a lot of current rock bands are willing to be so blatantly over the top (sorta like queen)... the top songs are honestly mostly rap, justinbeaver pop shite, and 'indie' sounding, whiny, painfully introspective 'alternative rock' songs.

I think a good, loud and cheesy chorus and shiny leather pants would shake up the charts quite well :stunned::D

Muse used to be more of a band doing weird stuff in their music than a band throwing everything at being OTT. I mean, really, would you compare Muse to Queen after they made OoS or Abso?

So yeah, that's changing and not everyone likes that. What else would you expect?:rolleyes:

Your comment regarding "painfully introspective alternative rock songs" is quite ironic, since that's clearly the path Muse are trying to follow here. They shouldn't take themselves so seriously, I think that's where it's going wrong.

Muse used to be more of a band doing weird stuff in their music than a band throwing everything at being OTT. I mean, really, would you compare Muse to Queen after they made OoS or Abso?

So yeah, that's changing and not everyone likes that. What else would you expect?:rolleyes:

Your comment regarding "painfully introspective alternative rock songs" is quite ironic, since that's clearly the path Muse are trying to follow here. They shouldn't take themselves so seriously, I think that's where it's going wrong.

This comment is quite contradictory because that was what they were doing Showbiz time. Now they're having a bit of fun with it you're saying they're taking themselves too seriously!:erm:

I got the impression that "painfully introspective alternative rock songs" is what a lot of people, who are moaning, are after!

This comment is quite contradictory because that was what they were doing Showbiz time. Now they're having a bit of fun with it you're saying they're taking themselves too seriously!:erm:

I got the impression that "painfully introspective alternative rock songs" is what a lot of people, who are moaning, are after!

Lol no, that may have been introspective, but not in a painful way. Besides, during OoS they didn't even know what they were doing (just some weird stuff/having fun - i.e. exactly what you attribute to them nowadays), yet it produced their best effort to date.

Look at the vid - are they taking themselves seriously or what?:p

Even if you listen to the sound of consecutive albums, they've grown to take themselves more seriously in general.

So I finally got around to listening to the 30 Second clip

I predict it starts off really cheesy and shit, then gets to the clip stage, then ends fairly well, before going back to the slow cheesy bit for the outro (Although at that point it sort of fits)

Think of a worse Hoodoo with an extra stage of buildup. That's my prediction, anyway.

EDIT: Not saying the buildup on Hoodoo is shit! <3 that song :happy:

Lol no, that may have been introspective, but not in a painful way. Besides, during OoS they didn't even know what they were doing (just some weird stuff/having fun - i.e. exactly what you attribute to them nowadays), yet it produced their best effort to date.

Look at the vid - are they taking themselves seriously or what?:p

Even if you listen to the sound of consecutive albums, they've grown to take themselves more seriously in general.

Actually, are you serious? :p

It is clear to me that if there was a time were they didn't really take a lot of their work seriously or a sort of "we are not sure what we're doing" thing was going on, definitely it was when they were producing The Resistance, look at songs like Eurasia or IBTY. Just having a laugh, in my opinion (but those songs worked really well).

It is clear to me that if there was a time were they didn't really take a lot of their work seriously or a sort of "we are not sure what we're doing" thing was going on, definitely it was when they were producing The Resistance, look at songs like Eurasia or IBTY. Just having a laugh, in my opinion (but those songs worked really well).

Obviously TR breaks the tradition, but they still take themselves more seriously (Symphony? REALLY?:rolleyes:) than before BH&R, which was the epitome of OTT self-indulgence etc.

Agreed ;)

Hmm, I think there may be a windup going on here! :erm:

They're under a lot more pressure nowadays. I saw a video, Showbiz time, the other day and noticed that Matt said something like "we make mistakes, that's what we do" in the context that it didn't matter, yet in the interview with the fans recently it became apparant that he hasn't wanted to play part II of Exogenesis because it's complex and he's worried about making a mistake (course they are now at Glastonbury:D).

Dom's saying "no one cares" which is partly true, but it's understandable that Matt feels that way - they're under a lot more scrutiny now. Blimey everything they do gets picked through with a toothcomb, on this site. Some people laugh if they make a mistake and rather like it, but for others it's just a fresh reason to jump on them and criticise. And of course they're under the scrutiny of the world's media, not to mention 15,000+ people in the audience. Course they want that, but it's only human to be worried about making a fuck-up under that kind of pressure.

So I don't think they take themselves more seriously but perhaps they are less relaxed because of the constant pressure they are under to excel, Matt particularly as he's obviously very central to their performances and their creative pursuits.

Besides sneaking Diazepam into Matt's tea :LOL: I can't see any way round it really! BTW just adding that wouldn't work because he'd go to sleep then!

Maybe giving them a break rather than jumping on everything they do might help! ;)

Obviously TR breaks the tradition, but they still take themselves more seriously (Symphony? REALLY?:rolleyes:) than before BH&R, which was the epitome of OTT self-indulgence etc.

Sacrilege! :LOL: Exogenesis is wonderful! Probably one of the best things they've ever done! Why are you trying to limit them? I don't understand that.:erm: And why do you consider BH&R as OTT, self indulgence? I just think it's an album of great, catchy songs.

Sacrilege! :LOL: Exogenesis is wonderful! Probably one of the best things they've ever done! Why are you trying to limit them? I don't understand that.:erm: And why do you consider BH&R as OTT, self indulgence? I just think it's an album of great, catchy songs.

>Exogenesis, the best thing they've ever done

Are you serious?

Archived