Also, on the topic of Micro Cuts, the version on HAARP is seriously fucking boring. It sounds too... polished and clean, the rough and dirty sound it had on Hullaballoo made it extremely powerful.

Also exactly why they don't play it anymore and why it was a dumb idea for Muse to pander to the fan campaign was well on display in the 2013 performances. It was VERY boring.

Also, on the topic of Micro Cuts, the version on HAARP is seriously fucking boring. It sounds too... polished and clean, the rough and dirty sound it had on Hullaballoo made it extremely powerful.

Also exactly why they don't play it anymore and why it was a dumb idea for Muse to pander to the fan campaign was well on display in the 2013 performances. It was VERY boring.

lol

Agree on your first point but not on the second. There was one performance (Japan, maybe? or North America?) that was freakin awesome, so much better than what I expected.

But it's true that bringing a song just because of fan requests doesn't mean the result is good. They really must want to play it themselves otherwise we'll just have a half-arsed performance of what used to be a great song once upon a time.

But it's true that bringing a song just because of fan requests doesn't mean the result is good. They really must want to play it themselves otherwise we'll just have a half-arsed performance of what used to be a great song once upon a time.

Exactly. I dunno what was dumber, fans starting a campaign or Muse listening to said campaign. Dead Star wasn't bad sounding but it sounded much better in 08.

How will we know if it'll sound half-arsed before they've played it?

Not that I agree. All of the songs they've brought back have sounded great, and the guitar in Micro Cuts has been amazingly powerful. And Dead Star...

This tour (the T2L era) they've all sounded fab but I remember Microcuts sounding very poor in the TR tour, CE was also pretty underwhelming plenty of times (not at Wembley thank god)... what else did they bring in the TR tour? I really remember wishing they wouldn't bring old songs and then ruin them :p

Imo Micro Cuts was great vocally too, both at Montreal and Zepp.
Ah, Montreal, that's it. Now I'm gonna have to go and listen to it :happy:

This tour (the T2L era) they've all sounded fab but I remember Microcuts sounding very poor in the TR tour, CE was also pretty underwhelming plenty of times (not at Wembley thank god)... what else did they bring in the TR tour? I really remember wishing they wouldn't bring old songs and then ruin them :p

Micro Cuts was played in the TR tour?