Uhm, I'd say it's among the most disliked songs. And this http://www.pictureshack.us/images/76380_TheResistance.png strenghtens my opinion that UD is not commonly considered great, even in studio.

Although I agree it's dull live.

The studio version isn't that disliked on here, perhaps it is outside of here.

As for a controversial opinion, I actually quite enjoyed the extended intro last tour - it looked to be pretty atmospheric.

Where did those results come from? Someone ought to show them to Matt! :chuckle:

A guy named Apex collected about 300 answers from both french and english-speaking forums.

Here are the results for all the albums if you're interested: http://www.musemessenger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4820

For those who need a little help in french: 1st column ist "best song"; 2nd is "best live song"; 3rd is "most underrated song"; 4th is "worst song" and 5th is "worst live song".

>US is voted best song

>france

Yeah we French have good taste. :phu:

Edited by Zepp

Not really.

Also Dead Star isn't a b-side. PiB best live song from OoS, Screenager worst on the album, 3% of people who chose Explorers as the best live song from T2L :'(

The 14% and 15% of people who thought that HTAILY was the worst song and live song on Showbiz </3

• 3 weeks later...
Explorers, Blackout and Soldier's Poem are brilliant songs.

I wouldn't say it's controversial at all to say Blackout is brilliant, I think most people think that. Soldier's Poem can vary, some people (like me) think it's good but just hate it's placement on BHAR.

Explorers, Blackout and Soldier's Poem are brilliant songs.

The only bit of that I find controversial is Explorers, I love the other two :)

On the other side of the coin, I hated MK Ultra when it came out and still don't care for it now. It's not particularly melodic or powerful and as far as I'm concerned it is one of Muse's worst drop D songs; there are at least 6 that should be played instead of it. The live version is all right, mainly thanks to the big riffs and Matt's screams (e.g Rock am Ring) but the studio version is awful, especially the outro. I always skip it when I'm listening to TR.