I agree about having LS as a single - if we're taking singles as being out there to draw in new fans, it would be quite misleading!

It's hard to blame the failure of subsequent singles after Madness on anything other than the complete and total lack of effort on the part of the label to actually push or promote those singles, imo...

In the US, for instance, there was an excessive gap between Madness, and Panic Station. Sure, Madness was still charting, but the way the public's attention span works now, putting out another single a little sooner would have kept interest a lot better.

It was the same in the UK too. I barely heard anything about T2L and its subsequent singles, though they were played - once, maybe twice, during a 9 hour shift - on the radio station we had on at work.

yes, i agree.

I can´t speak english very well, sorry :$;)

You're fine :). I wasn't trying to be impolite. I'm sorry if it sounded that way.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with being deliberate and meticulous though.

If a single is supposed to give you an brief impression of the band, you can't have a single in which the lead singer isn't the 'proper' lead singer.

I wasn't using deliberate and meticulous in a negative way.

I agree about having LS as a single - if we're taking singles as being out there to draw in new fans, it would be quite misleading!

I think that, if it had been released as a single, Liquid State could have introduced the band to new audiences. Kind of like how Madness broke through on adult alternative radio. And it was used in the advert for Crysis 3, so there wasn't complete opposition to using it for promotional purposes.

You're fine :). I wasn't trying to be impolite. I'm sorry if it sounded that way.

I wasn't using deliberate and meticulous in a negative way.

I think that, if it had been released as a single, Liquid State could have introduced the band to new audiences. Kind of like how Madness broke through on adult alternative radio. And it was used in the advert for Crysis 3, so there wasn't complete opposition to using it for promotional purposes.

I still don't agree with a single that has a different singer... I would think it would work better maybe if the lead singing was more evenly divided between them, sure. (Not that I'm advocating for this.)

If I liked a band's single, and found out that that wasn't the singer of the band, I would be turned off and disappointed.

But, maybe that's just me.

Is LS really that different than some other more "rock" (used loosely) tracks Muse has put out, anyways?

It always reminds me of US, but again, maybe just me.

All a bit moot, anyways, as one huge issue WAS the fact that Madness brought in a whole different crowd of fans that often was expecting the album to be more similar to that style, I suppose.

There was quite a long time here where you would hear it at least once an hour on the radio... but it was on a station that catered to a much older, "soft" audience (playlist mainly consisting of Imagine Dragons, Train, Ed Shereen, Coldplay, etc.)

Resistance is a good song. In addition, I liked the Adagio in Gm intro.

I really love the double neck intro and how atmospheric it is but I do also really love the tremolo solo outro he uses with his regular guitar. The T2L tour intro though, especially with Matt singing over it is horrible.

If I had to rate the different arrangements of Resistance live I'd say:

TR tour (double neck) > TR tour single neck > T2L tour

I really love the double neck intro and how atmospheric it is but I do also really love the tremolo solo outro he uses with his regular guitar. The T2L tour intro though, especially with Matt singing over it is horrible.

If I had to rate the different arrangements of Resistance live I'd say:

TR tour (double neck) > TR tour single neck > T2L tour

I really like him singing over it :p

But agree in the double neck intro, was ace

• 2 weeks later...