I think, in general, that people enjoy Guiding Light more than they let on tbh.

The studio version can be decent for a laugh on occasion but live it's fucking abysmal, especially as they found a way to make it even worse on this tour.

Guiding Light was way better during the film than anyone is going to admit.

Except, the black and white scenes were irritating, unnecessary, and far too frequent.

I actually really enjoyed it in the film, and I don't think the black and white scenes detracted from anything; the transition back to color in Follow Me was splendid. Using black and white kind of made it clear that there was a separate narrative going on during these songs. A significant amount of people probably didn't know that there would be a "storyline" and this was an efficient and clear way to establish it.

Black and white was completely appropriate for Guiding Light.

The transition from black and white to color in Follow Me was about the only time I appreciated it, unfortunately. Also at the same time I was missing the bass from the actual live gig I saw. :'(

I think the theatrical aspects would have had more impact on me in color, but you might be right about people who were unaware of them.

So the black and white is literally just to push the ridiculous stage stuff further into people's faces, as if no one could have possibly noticed before?

I'll probably still buy the damn thing in the interest of seeing it somewhere other than my laptop and I'm assuming it will at least be entertaining.

The studio version can be decent for a laugh on occasion but live it's fucking abysmal, especially as they found a way to make it even worse on this tour.

It is fucking abysmal live, but I agree with you on the studio version. I quite like the cheesey drums at the start. I think it's almost so bad, it's good...

The Reading/Leeds 2011 performances of Space Dementia are the worst ever. Matt completely over does the hero voice. The hero voice can be awesome (see Hyper Music), but he just made it sound shit during Space Dementia. It sounds like he' holding tons back and at times sounds strained even though he really isn't.

Bullshit.

Nope. I did really like it at first, thought it was the best version of Space Dementia, but I was mistaken. It's bullshit, the vocals sound so artificial and wannabe-opera. There are people who can sing opera and people who cannot. Matt is the latter, he just doesn't realise it.

I don't think you've ever heard opera, if you say stuff like that.

I have. funny actually, been listening to some the past week. Matt really sounds like he's trying to imitate the classical way of singing on Space Dementia and comes through sounding like he's holding his breath while singing. Just doesn't work.