Well, I know thats what people consider to be the alternative. He would probably slip into falsetto for the ends of lines, but I doubt that he would crack nowadays.

Also, Chris sounds strained to me most if the time. Dead Star from Zepp was fab, but most of the performances this year have been weak.

nah i prefer Chris singing the chorus. Matt would be all over the place with it, Chris is at least consistent

• 2 weeks later...

Muse came to Tampa Bay, Florida.

I took my 17 year-old brother, who also knows every word to every song. We were the only real fans in the stands I think.

Point is, the show, at the time was great... but then I realized this.

Matthew Bellamy looks like he's fucking bored with his own music.

They played New Born with almost no enthusiasm. There was little to no excited improvisation and riffing. Just note for note replications of the record.

Has being a father sapped of his energy? Does he even like being a dad? Does he even like Kate?

I think he's having an almost mid-life crisis, honestly. This used to be the psychotic bastard who only back in 2006 did his crazed WAAAAA YA YA YAOOOW war cry during HAARP's Time is Running Out. He used to shuffle dance. He used to babble on about weird shit.

Matt... where the fuck are you? You are not the 6th member of Take That.

Has being a father sapped of his energy? Does he even like being a dad? Does he even like Kate?

I think he's having an almost mid-life crisis, honestly. This used to be the psychotic bastard who only back in 2006 did his crazed WAAAAA YA YA YAOOOW war cry during HAARP's Time is Running Out. He used to shuffle dance. He used to babble on about weird shit.

lol

There was little to no excited improvisation and riffing. Just note for note replications of the record.

Then again, Tampa Bay 2013 was Muse's longest gig ever in Florida (with probably around 5 more songs than the previous record-holding gig for the state), and there's a fairly good chance that this gig was, performance wise, their best ever as far as Florida is concerned...

He played (the) Resistance without touching his guitar.

He did play the guitar..?

Edited by SoberCitizen

I'd say Matt and the whole band seems to have more fun than they've had in ages. Obviously the older songs are gonna suffer a bit, but the crowd interaction, new, energetic material, both Matt and Chris giving the vocals their all and being on a whole new level technically, all of this is fucking great.

Now stop whining just because you WANT Muse to be bad.

EDIT: In fact, I'd say you're the one who seems bored with the material, not Matt.

Muse came to Tampa Bay, Florida.

I took my 17 year-old brother, who also knows every word to every song. We were the only real fans in the stands I think.

Point is, the show, at the time was great... but then I realized this.

Matthew Bellamy looks like he's fucking bored with his own music.

They played New Born with almost no enthusiasm. There was little to no excited improvisation and riffing. Just note for note replications of the record.

Worst post of the month.